Discussion about the next Aerosoft Airliner Product after 2018

8 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

a plane not yet announced (maybe A340;)) will be released 2017, new short heul Airbusses will be released 2017. Ok. That´s really much work. But as long as you can promise, everything´s alright.

the A340 (not yet announced) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D will be after 2017, but for me is enough if aerosoft decide to develop it, i will be happy knowing that when i reach my Grand father age the A340 Aerosoft will be released

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft
22 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Mathijs. Do you promise that for 2017. Just because Christmas is in the end of the list.

So that means: CRJ will be released 2017, A330 will be released 2017, second A330 engine version will be released 2017, a plane not yet announced (maybe A340;)) will be released 2017, new short heul Airbusses will be released 2017. Ok. That´s really much work. But as long as you can promise, everything´s alright.

Promise? Hell no. But in the job description of a Project Manager there is this silly things about making plans.  According to my wife there is also something about not working on Sunday afternoons, but she is wrong about that.

Ok. Is ok though. Simply thought that due to the order because christmas was in the end if the list.

Ok. Hopefully CRJ will finally be released:wacko::)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Airbus A340 Pilot, I will moderate your content if you do not play friendly here. There are no promises and no A340 release planned. Stop pushing here and playing a joker. 

Thank you

What?

Sorry if you understan me wrong. I don´t want to play a joker and I don´t want push anybody anywhere. I already commented why I thought, that was a promise and when Mathijs says, there is one plane not announced yet, how should I know it was not an A340?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't know if you have noticed, but at the moment you are the only one posting here in high frequency, trying desperately to read things from comments which weren't there. You have had two warnings now from moderators. We really don't want to restrict you or this topic. So please calm down a little bit.

Airbus A340 Pilot, I also love the A340 and Im also crazy towards a Aerosoft A340 but let them do their work. ;)  By playing with speculations and asking of a promise of something which is impossible for a such short amount of time you are automatically pushing them so calm down. The wait will pay off :)

In addition to what's already been said. Within the next year (probably/hopefully) we'll have the AS A330, the new B787 as well as the PMDG long haul birds.

With those, I think that the market for another longhaul plane is pretty limited for the next couple of yeas anyway since customers only have so much time and so much money.

For smaller jets, the E2 could potentially be a future project but the E190-E2 won't be in service until another year from now and the others won't be in service
ntil 2019 and 2021 which means that it will be quite a few years before such a project even could be started which more or less excludes it from the current discussion.

3 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

There was a question on the top. I put a full stop at the end even if I wanted to put a question mark.

No, he didn't promise. Nowhere in his whole post did he use the word promise. As Tom already said, he gave his priorities. Only thing you can say is since christmas is at the bottom of the list, if the rest hasn't been done by christmas he has to work on that first. Otherwise no christmas for you Mathijs. :P No, that was just a joke.

I'd say the priorities are good but take your time and if christmas comes before the list is finished, then merry christmas!

Please login to display this image.

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Promise? Hell no. But in the job description of a Project Manager there is this silly things about making plans.  According to my wife there is also something about not working on Sunday afternoons, but she is wrong about that.

Hey Mathijs,

sorry for thinking you promised. And that´s also for the others: I´m currently learning English at school and I´m a German. Even if I get an "a" in every test, there are few borders in my dictionary so sometimes I don´t understand things correct.

Also sorry if it sounded like I want to push Aerosoft. It was just the very happy news for me when Mathijs wrote that an A340 is certainly possible. You know. I´m so in love with the A340 and I think I´m more than anybody other. Have been on the flightdeck several times, great experiences with my uncle sitting in the engine, setting up the cockpit and so on and so on. In this situation my complete enthusiasm overruned me and I wasn´t able to stop posting things. So I´m very very sorry for that and hope you´ll forgive me. 

For crying out loud , this has to be the most inane topic ever started here on AS . The A330 hasn't even been released yet , let alone fully developed and you are already asking what the next project will be .

One thing to consider is that Mathijs is a Dutchman living in France , working for a German company and writing in English - so there's NO CHANCE of any confusion there at all , is there ? It's not just a question of reading what is written , you also have to understand it as well .

Asking the same question repeatedly ( something that is allowed to happen here in the forum too often ) , is not going to change anything and I for one am losing any interest I had regarding the A330 . We all went through this with the A318/319/320/321 from 2010 til 2014 ( and beyond ) , so good luck to everyone working at AS who have to put up with this ( and remain polite ) .

I for one can't wait for all the " When wil it ... " , " Will it have ... " , " Why wont it have ... " and all the other never thought of or asked questions that are guaranteed to follow for the next few years ( just in case this is written as sarcasm ) .

In MY opinion, Airbus A340 pilot wasn't trolling, only excited as per what Mathjis said about a possible A340 (after mentioning the next project was a 3XX project). If he wasn't trolling, why put him two warnings? I thought this was a place to discuss the probable next A3XX project (with AS blessing), not a place to get upset with excited customers.

30 minutes ago, John Glanville said:

For crying out loud , this has to be the most inane topic ever started here on AS . The A330 hasn't even been released yet , let alone fully developed and you are already asking what the next project will be .

One thing to consider is that Mathijs is a Dutchman living in France , working for a German company and writing in English - so there's NO CHANCE of any confusion there at all , is there ? It's not just a question of reading what is written , you also have to understand it as well .

Asking the same question repeatedly ( something that is allowed to happen here in the forum too often ) , is not going to change anything and I for one am losing any interest I had regarding the A330 . We all went through this with the A318/319/320/321 from 2010 til 2014 ( and beyond ) , so good luck to everyone working at AS who have to put up with this ( and remain polite ) .

I for one can't wait for all the " When wil it ... " , " Will it have ... " , " Why wont it have ... " and all the other never thought of or asked questions that are guaranteed to follow for the next few years ( just in case this is written as sarcasm ) .

Please simply have a look into the A330 preview forum and read, why I´ve opened this topic.

@John Glanville Whoa, easy. Airbus A340 Pilot was encouraged by @Frank Docter to open this topic. It didn't even come out of the blue, it bases on @Mathijs Kok's earlier statement that Aerosoft is thinking about a A3XX project to be started this year and also currently develops a (still unannounced) aircraft. In case you missed that... So if you want to bash someone, you should probably bash Mathijs and Frank as well. But since I personally prefer harmony, you should maybe simply calm down. ;) 

After reading through this whole topic (I know, I know - I must really be bored...) I'm quite frankly a little bewildered and confused, for the lack of a better word.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the upcoming A330, which Aerosoft is developing. With that being said, I sadly (and according to @Airbus A340 Pilot, I seem to be falling into the vast minority) won't have any real interest in an A340. 

My interest for addon airplanes, is replicating real-world flights and schedules. As already stated previously in this topic 4-engine aircrafts are rapidly becoming a thing of the past, due to vast improvements in engine reliability - which in turn is becoming higher and higher (and insane) ETOPS ratings for new aircrafts which are being developed by Boeing and Airbus.

If you take a look at Flightradar24, you would have to look quite hard to find an A340 these days. Since the days of the 4-engine aircrafts are gone, I can't really see why Aerosoft should dedicate resources for that plane, to be honest. 

Now, before you begin with "But, PMDG made the Boeing 747 which is a 4-engine aircraft..." ... Let me try to explain MY personal view of this choice. The Boeing 747-series has (in my opinion) almost mythological and iconic status with aviation history. I have bought the PMDG Boeing 747 for that specific reason. It's THE icon of civil aviation, to my opinion - and it's a beautiful aircraft. Also, I'm given to understand, that PMDG personally had an interest in that aircraft. But it's days of service is gone, and the number of 747's in service is quickly dwindling. The same can be said for the A340, MD-11, DC-10, Tristar and other more-than-twin-engine-aircrafts.

Also the A380's is going to shrink in market, I think. Maybe super-high demand routes (primary in Asia) could be feasible? I remember reading somewhere, that Emirates, British Airways, Singapore and other large users of the A380 are thinking of cancelling their remaining orders and replacing them with A350's, B787's or A330NEO.

Well, anyway... That was a longer talk about nothing - or rather a reflection of my thoughts of why I woudn't have an interest in A340's.

Sorry for going so far with this.

Again - disclaimer! The above is my personal opinion. :)

Wow I never expected this thread to this direction. When I initially read the title I thought it will be shut down or be flagged as rather irrelevant quickly. There are a lot of aircraft I'd like to see, but I don't see how pushing a developer to give a statement and trying to force them to commit to a decision will make much of a difference. And I am also on Anders Bermann's boat here, that I would prefer to see other more recent aircraft than an A340.

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, Aviator1985 said:

Wow I never expected this thread to this direction. When I initially read the title I thought it will be shut down or be flagged as rather irrelevant quickly.

I don't see any problems with people trying to think aloud on what we should or might do. This is 2017 and customers are not just people that buy but also people to speak their minds.

Besides, it's also fun reading.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Besides, it's also fun reading.

We aim to please.  You have been pretty clear on the running order for this year, even numbering it for us. New sims are forefront, obviously, if you've nothing to sell to a quickly migrating market, people will be saying 'do you remember Aerosoft?' fondly.  The identity of the 'mystery' airliner is a real attention getter, because we all have a plane we would like to have in the hanger.  Can you say if it is a 'classic' or a current model?   Thank goodness, we have left the doldrums that flight simming was in when MS left,  LM have apparently been working on V4 for 8yrs, since they acquired the license, It's all very exciting, and there will be much more to pore over in months and years to come.

6 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Don't believe everything that Froogle says. 

Now you say that, I don't think LM have had the license that long.  There's no doubt they have been working on this a long while though. I just hope their servers are up to the job tomorrow.

Archived