Missing number on Radios stack

Moscue26

I have no numbers on my radio stack. I have read this topic on previously posted threads but I don't understand the fix. I have the problem for both FSX and P3Dv3

Would someone please explain in detail how I resolve the issue. I am not all that smart when it comes to files and folders 

Sorry to bother. Thank you

Mike

Further to my inquiry above, I wanted to add that I did NOT have this issue when I first ran the original download in Mar. 2017. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the DHC6 Extended but I still have the problem

Thank you.

Mike

Interesting....I too just ran into this "new" problem as I was able to fly a few months ago without a hitch, now I have no numbers on the radio stack, though the Garmin works.

Hi Mathijs:

I am using Windows 10 and there are regular updates as you are aware. I have the Twin Otter Extended installed on both FSX and P3D v3

I have just purchased EZDOK 2 and they offer 3 Simconnects installed with their application (10.0.60905.0, 10.0.61242.0, and 10.0.61259.0). As you may be aware, this program has a CONFIG. Tool for all the various Flight Sim programs and I wondered if EZDOK is changing some value within the Aerosoft program during their configuration. 

I just opened FSX and with EZDOK running, I toggled all three of their Simconnect connections with no change in the problem. I then closed FSX and reopened it again WITHOUT EZDOK and loaded a Tundra Aerosoft model. Again, there are no numbers on the radio stack, the transponder gauge nor the chronometer gauge

I provide this information because of a comment on an older thread which seemed to outline the same issue relative to Simconnect.

I am sorry I don't have the knowledge beyond what I have given you, but you have my email address and I will provide any other information you may need. Hopefully you or someone can come to a solution as I really like this aircraft.

Thank you

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you can see, normally there is no problem with a fully updated W10 und P3Dv3.4.

Please make a screenshot of the folder:..:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Fonts\

Please login to display this image.

I have included a screenshot .jpg for both ...... P3D\Fonts and ......FSX\Fonts

I really hope the issue can be resolved as I fly for a VA that is "on-line only" and I can't enter a Transponder code for any ATC.

NOTE: The last logged flight where RADIO NUMBERS were visible was April 16 2017. I was using FSX and EZDOK v1.18.

I then tried another flight on May 27 and the issue with the numbers appeared for the first time. I thought the issue was with EZDOK since I kept getting "simconnect" error windows so I went ahead and purchased EZDOK 2. After installation of EZDOK 2, I opened the Twin Otter Extended on May 27, and BOTH FSX and P3D Flight Sims had radio numbers. HOWEVER, the next time I opened FSX the numbers were missing. Very frustrating!

I checked my WINDOWS update History and found an update also dated April 16 but I am not sure if the update was installed BEFORE or AFTER my flight on the 16th. My UPDATE history also shows a series of updates on May 9th

Here is the WINDOWS update info for the 16th

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4018124/windows-10-update-history?ocid=client_wu

There was also an update for Adobe

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 (for x64-based Systems) (KB4018483)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4018483/security-update-for-adobe-flash-player-april-11-2017

Thank you very much for your attention here.

Mike

• Deputy Sheriffs

What you can try to do is, to copy from one of those two fonts folder the file "quartz.ttf" over into the "C:\Windows\Fonts" folder.

If that doesn't help right click that file you have just copied into the Windows folder and select "Install".

OK Tom I have the FSX\Font quartz.tff copied and I was trying to paste into C:\\Windows\Fonts folder and it is telling me the font is already there so I made a back up of the original and pasted the file from FSX

I am opening FSX now. (18:48 zulu)

I also right clicked and installed

NO numbers

:(:angry:

Mike

I rebooted my computer and opened MS Office7 and typed a note with the quartz font. I started FSX again, loaded a generic Twin Otter Extended AND VOILA!! the numbers are there!!

Thank  you. I will now reopen P3D

.........and the number are visible in P3D v3

So if I understand what you are saying, the Windows 10 quartz font was corrupt? Is that correct? Was that due to a recent update? 

Please confirm as I would like, with your permission, to post this on my VA Forum (CanadianXpress--CXA) as there are many members who also own the AeroSoft Twin Otter

Thank you for your FIRST CLASS support!

Mike (CXA524) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I doubt that the font was previously in the Windows fonts folder and got corrupted there. 

It's more likely that your both sims were, for what reason ever, not able anymore to access it in their own fonts folder. Maybe the font registration within Windows got corrupted. 

I saw this same problem a few months back not with the Twotter but with the Airbus. 

Feel free to share this solution to anyone who might need it as well. 

Glad that the problem is fixed for you :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived