NavData dates

shunti

Hi I just purchased Navdata Pro and installed Data 1705 into my aircraft but on loading I have found that this data runs out today will I be able to download the next cycle free of charge ? If I had realised I would have waited until tomorrow for the new cycle.

regards  

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you only bought a single dataset you have only access to the current cycle. But you can still use it even when there is a new cycle available. Not everybody updates his database every month.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And in addition to what Otto wrote: just make sure that your flight planning tool uses the same cycle. That will keep you from running into problems when entering a flight plan into the FMC/MCDU.

if you had included the date of the cycle instead of just the cycle number I would have waited for the latest cycle, it's just a fact that I would not buy a loaf of bread with just one day left on the date. Thought I would give this a try to compare to navigraph, I do find navdata pro more work to use, as the navigraph utility scans the fsx folder for your addons which is a lot more easier.   

generally known ? if you know where to look in the first place, lets just say that I am just not happy and will leave it at that as there seems to be no comments on how to fix this to make people aware, just the fact that I am to blame !!!

2 hours ago, shunti said:

generally known ? if you know where to look in the first place, lets just say that I am just not happy and will leave it at that as there seems to be no comments on how to fix this to make people aware, just the fact that I am to blame !!!

To be fair, if you just buy 1 cycle it's still going to expire in 28 days at most. All you need to do is make sure all your addons are updated with the same cycle.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived