Prepar3D V4 and Aerosoft

I think you will find most of Aerosoft's recent titles will come across. Mathijs said it would be a lot of work.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As I written, these days FSUIPC is not a replacement of simConnect as it used to be, it's just another way to connect to simConnect and as such not needed. Redoing any add-on to use simConnect is always always possible and not too complex. That's not a negatory remark towards Peter, FSUIPC was absolutely incredibly important for a long time.

Hi Mathijs

that is actually good to hear. The problem for me now and I believe this problem is there for a lot of users is now we cannot use our acars system that connected to our VA clubs.

I believe even addons like FsPassengers use FSUIPC to record data from Sim.

I was wondering if your team or do you think is it possible to come with an alternate Substitute to get our acars working again?

That is pretty much the major concern for VA pilots at this point.

Luckily for me i don't have high end joystick buttons to calibrate.

I will be getting V4 as soon as it comes out but will keep flying FSX for PMDG's MD11 and it's FS2Crew edition.

But the moment PMDG and FS2Crew releases their 747 V2 version for V4 I am switching definitely and never looking back! (Hopefully. :) )

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let's see. I honestly believe P3D V3 will be a dinosaur in a matter of months. V4 is just so much better.

I feel that is working in two ways. One being just how good all the beta testers who are developers are seeing this new platform with its ease of familiarity and all the new tools it comes with and second the fact that the developers are making it easy for us to switch with free upgrades. The quicker V3 is put to bed the less headaches of customer support for more platforms developers have to deal with.

I have a list of addons I would like to have and I want to have to go all in to make the switch and not look back. Most of my list will be ready shortly after release as informed by the authors. The only hold out is FSUIPC and the GTN's.

Thank you for stating the Twin Otter Extended will come quick and I hope the Catalina, PANC and PAFA also will make it over at some point as well.

I don't know how to replace FSUIPC when it comes to addons such as Flightsim Commander or Radar Contact and to joystick buttons assignments. Is there a way?

I have one question, and it might be an annoying one, but however. 

Will CTRL - J Jetways continue working like we are used to it? Means. Do Addon sceneries continue working with the implemented CRTL - J system like SimWings LEPA EVO?

Keep in mind that almost none of our products needs FSUIPC and indeed Pete is not looking forward to supporting another simulator. He always said that FSUIPC was a substitute for simConnect and always told people to use that first of all. In fact, in MANY parts FSUIPC is an overlay of simConnect, just another layer. It was (and is) important for backwards compatibility, but really, most devs should have gone the simConnect way around 2014.

My computer is a 2014 i7 6 core cpu (overclocked to 3.3) with a 1070 graphics card. Nothing really special,  sub $1000 system.

Hi Mathijs, Pete posted this on the 8 May.....

"

Yes, that statement is still mostly true, though I have investigated how difficult it would be to convert FSUIPC to 64-bit, and it is definitely doable if and when necessary, at least as far as the program interface is concerned.

I'd be less sure about some of the user facilities. To start with I'd probably discard all the weather fiddling stuff in the options, which are largely redundant these days with programs like Active Sky, Opus, and so on doing all these things much better.

Anyway, I'm on holiday soon for two weeks. Back 26th May.

Pete"

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82730-64-bit-compatibility/

So there is still hope...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I also see no need to keep v3, when v4 is around, especially since so many devs have claimed their products will be v4 ready pretty quickly (at least much quicker than anticipated). The only thing I am worried about is vram. I mean I couldn't imagine why v4 would be more performance heavy than v3 on similar settings, I just hope my GTX 970 can handle it for a while. Saving for a complete new system (looking into an i7-7700k + GTX 1080ti,...), but it probably won't happen before 2018 (maybe End 2017)... and it would be quite a pain to wait that long to enjoy v4.

OOMs have robbed me of enjoyment in this hobby for several years now.  I will proceed to 64 bit immediately and start life over regardless of compatibility.  FSUIPC or not.  OOMs were ruinous and the possibility of them being extremely remote overrides EVERYTHING ELSE.

On 24/05/2017 at 8:15 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Just a quick word on P3D V4.

We have been testing this internally for some time and are very enthusiastic about this new release. It's stable, it's fast and it compatible to a certain degree. Scenery seems to be rather easy to 'make work', aircraft of course have to be compiled again got 64 bits. This is NOT a trivial task. At Aerosoft however we rather not make things 'just work' without making use of the new features us the sim. So how older products are updated depends. Most older stuff will be made compatible, but newer stuff most likely will be changed to make use of the new features.  New releases will most likely be made compatible from day one. 

Just keep in mind we have over 300 add-ons and not a handful as most of our competitors. As a principle (not a rule) we will work from the newer or most important products backwards. That means the A320 is one of the first that we'll work on. It's also by far the most to convert btw.

How enthusiastic we are is best shown in an image showing our Bali. That is not at max settings or anything, but if you check the image you see it is looking more then okay. And it does so at 180 fps. P3D V3 did the same at 90 fps.

Please login to display this image.

Mathijs... you say... " if you check the image you see it is looking more then okay. And it does so at 180 fps. P3D V3 did the same at 90 fps." I am perplexed. How does having a bigger memory allow for increase of 100% in framerate?

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, rocky said:

I am perplexed. How does having a bigger memory allow for increase of 100% in framerate?

V4 is not only about memory. Better CPU core utilization und hand off to GPU can also play a big part in FPS. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I hope the pending release of the A330 will be P3D v4 ready, when it is eventually released.

seems nice to hear that aerosoft will update their products quickly but i only got one question people who bought products for p3d v3 will they be charged for upgrading these products to p3d v4?

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

V4 is not only about memory. Better CPU core utilization und hand off to GPU can also play a big part in FPS. 

I have noticed the same with X-Plane,  my 8 core CPU is doing virtually nothing (20-30% across all cores), while the GPU, is going flat out. Which tends to indicate a video card upgrade is called for.

Archived