ASK21 / Discus C4 Gauge Problem

Ivan Rogers

Hello Mathjis,

I am afraid the C4 gauge problem has come back in not showing the text. I have narrowed it down to this update.

"2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016871)"

When I removed this update and re-booted the computer and loaded the Discus the C4 gauge was showing the text correctly.

• Aerosoft

How odd, I see nothing in that update that could affect it and so far you are the only one affected. But thanks for the info, our support will now keep en eye on it.

Hi Mathijs,

As w10 updates are mandatory, I keep getting this issue.

I think I have got around this by installing the full font set from another w10 PC.

Having installed the fonts and rebooted all seems OK again.

What is the actual font the C4 gauge uses? It would be useful to know.

Hi Mathijs,

I have the first 3 fonts installed in FSX/Fonts but not the last two.

LCD_MONO.ttf

LCD_MONO_italic.ttf

I did a re-install of the gliders over the weekend and it has not installed these two fonts.

Would be able to send these two fonts to me

Thanks.

Hello Mathijs,

Thank you for the fonts, I installed the full set into FSX/Fonts.

I am afraid I still cannot see any alpha/numeric characters on the C4.

I am resigned to the fact that something on the w10 operating system side is preventing these fonts being read in properly. Very strange as I have never had a problem at all over the last 3 years or so.

Edit:

Just excluded my whole FSX folder in Windows Defender rebooted and the C4 now working.

I'll have another check tomorrow to see if this has fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Mathijs.

No it was not defender as the next itme I loaded up the PC, I still had the same problem.

I am resigned to the fact that MS windows I believe in some way is preventing the gauge showing properly, and the only way to cure it to do a repair the op system, a process I am not relishinging as all the programs will be wiped from th eC drive in the process. Thanks in the meantime for your help.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2017 at 7:08 AM, Ivan Rogers said:

HI Mathijs.

No it was not defender as the next itme I loaded up the PC, I still had the same problem.

I am resigned to the fact that MS windows I believe in some way is preventing the gauge showing properly, and the only way to cure it to do a repair the op system, a process I am not relishinging as all the programs will be wiped from th eC drive in the process. Thanks in the meantime for your help.

I have the same problem. The C4 fonts don't display any more. It did work for a while in W10 creators edition and suddenly stopped next time I came to fly the ASK21. I think it is a font issue. It is also broken for the DiscusX line. I'm not sure what to do.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You should make sure that be totally up to date with your Windows updates, as Windows 10 had a bug in ots font management lately, which has been fixed in the meantime again. 

Tom thank you! I updated to latest version of W10 creators just now and all is working again with the C4. Much appreciated because I would not have thought it would be an issue considering the C4 was working under windows creators edition up to the last few days.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That problema caused already quote a lot of confusion here in the forums as you wouldn't expect it to a be a Windows problem. 

Glad that everything works for you again! 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎22‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 20:33, Ivan Rogers sagte:

Hi Mathijs,

I have the first 3 fonts installed in FSX/Fonts but not the last two.

LCD_MONO.ttf

LCD_MONO_italic.ttf

I did a re-install of the gliders over the weekend and it has not installed these two fonts.

Would be able to send these two fonts to me

Thanks.

On ‎23‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 09:39, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Send it to you talktalk address.

But a Windows update that prevents a from from installing in the FS font folder? That sounds very very weird.

Can I get LCD.ttf, LCD_MONO.ttf and LCD_MONO_italic.ttf too. Have the same Problem. Thank you 

Just in case people aren't sure how to fix this Microsoft bug, here is the "official" workaround guide. Microsoft say they will officially fix this with the next major update but not until then and the incremental updates still contain the bug:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4038303/fonts-installed-by-using-install-as-shortcut-are-missing-after-a-syste

I personally use workaround 2.

Cheers, all the best out there in the cruel world of bugs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived