ND as 2d pop - lag or crashing sim

Philip_sim

Hi,

I have been successful in creating 2d panels for the displays but the ND becomes very laggy or crashes the sim.

is there any workaround to get this to not happen?

PFD and ECAMS work fine.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, Philip_sim said:

I have been successful in creating 2d panels for the displays but the ND becomes very laggy or crashes the sim.

If it crashes the sim, it is not successful...

The displays were not developed to be compatible with 2D pop-ups. That's why AS do not support them to be used like that.

57 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

If it crashes the sim, it is not successful...

The displays were not developed to be compatible with 2D pop-ups. That's why AS do not support them to be used like that.

ok understand, is this something with the next generation and a318 tests and a330 that will be possible? its just that ND is too small sometimes to read properly on final so a solution would be great for those looking for pop out displays.

also it is only the ND once made to a 2d panel crashes the sim. all the others are fine

• Deputy Sheriffs

The reason why the ND behaves differently here is simply because it's implemented differently than the PFD and ECAMs. 

About plans for 2D pop ups in the future I would like to refer to Mathij's latest statement on this (which he has given multiple times actually here in the forums):

16 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The reason why the ND behaves differently here is simply because it's implemented differently than the PFD and ECAMs. 

About plans for 2D pop ups in the future I would like to refer to Mathij's latest statement on this (which he has given multiple times actually here in the forums):

sorry but the new window view is quite terrible in fsx/p3d. 

1. it behaves like a vc so when you brake or accelerate the camera moves.

2. it adds a lot more FPS than a 2D pop up would in most cases.

3. I am happy to post videos that also show the quality difference of a zoomed in airbus x 320 VC display vs the pop out display. its a lot sharper and does not have the fake glass panel affect that distorts the view.

I really wish this is something Aerosoft would consider as it is something that a few people are requesting. Its cheap to get a 2nd monitor and move some displays over for easier reading...

Please login to display this image.

Archived