• Aerosoft

We are always highly reluctant to advise laptops for any form of serious gaming, but you can buy machines that do the job and are designed for games, meaning they can run their hardware at 100% for more than a few minutes or so common on cheaper machines that have nice hardware. If you want a laptop for gaming the cooling is what you need to look at, not the CPU and GPU specs. What good is a i7-7700 if it throttles down to a i3 level after 5 minutes of FSX?

The Acer Predator 17 I have tested for a week is simply fast, runs any game I threw at it fine and stayed cool while doing so. I think it looks like a turd though. Still, if I were shopping this is what I would get. Here is a good review: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-laptop/

The MSI gaming laptop series are also quite good. Not the cheapest, but certainly good for FSX/P3D and in my opinion better looking than the Acer you mentioned.

I think if I were to get a gaming laptop for FSX I'd go for MSI. They got quite a large collection of gaming laptops so no doubt there'd be something that suits me. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy one right now. Doesn't matter since my desktop PC can do the job more than fine.

Archived