ASK21/Discus C4 Gauge Problem

Ivan Rogers

Hi,

I am having problems with the Discus/ASK21 C4 display in that it does not display properly.

I get no Text at all, only a few pictograms and the vario graph (see attachment)

The gauge was working until recently, I have done nothing myself that would corrupt the files.

I have tried doing a full re-install of the aerosoft gliders and also a integraity check/repair to FSX:Steam but still no joy.

I am at a real loss on how to fix this so need some help.

System is w10 with FSX:steam.

Please login to display this image.

Hi Mathijs,

I did have a major Windows update a few weeks ago, maybe that has screwed up my fonts somehow?

I'll try and roll back to an earlier restore point and see if that makes any difference.

Yep, restore my w10 OP system to an earlier restore point and the gauges are showing normally.

Grrrrrrrr, MS need shooting for corrupting files on an update.

Will have to keep an eye on this on future MS updates.

Thanks for the pointer Mathijs

Hi Mathijs,

I am afraid I do not know what update caused this issue.

After I shutdown the PC yesterday, the PC ran another update, supposedly to bring the PC up to date after I rolled it back.

I checked the glider again today and the gauges were fine. Perhaps the original update just didn't install the files properly on the first run.

I will just keep an eye on this on future MS updates and notify you if there are any issues from any of them.

Archived