EDDL - xplane 10 scenery in xplane 11

On ‎06‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 13:45, goldlife sagte:

does xplane 10 scenery always works in xplane 11? I would like to buy this Airport but I am not sure if this scenery will work with x-plane 11?

http://www.aerosoft.com/en/xplane/xplane-10-add-ons/sceneries/1764/airport-dusseldorf

In general, every X-Plane 10 scenery works in X-Plane 11, usually just fine. However, it does not include any special features a true XP11 could include.

Thank you. I have bought this scenery package and it is work fine!

But I have a NAV AID problem with it.

The RWY05L has outdated ILS Frequency.

In Xplane the map shows me 109.500 which is outdated. The actual Frequency is 110.950.

How can I update this? Is there a standard way for updating custom scenery nav aids?

I also have bought NavDataPro and update Xplane 11 itself (custom data folder) and my JarDesign A320 too.

This works and the JarDesign A320 NAV / RAD page shows me correctly the frequency of 110.950. But how can I update the payware EDDL scenery?

On ‎16‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 15:49, goldlife sagte:

But how can I update the payware EDDL scenery?

You can either do it with WED, as suggested by JUDE.

Or you open the apt.dat file (from the "Earth nav data" subfolder of the EDDL scenery) in a text editor, search for the entry for ILS of runway 05L and change the frequency.

I purchased this airport today, too. I have streets with autogen cars on the airport, between the two runways.
Can this be fixed with the exclusions?

Is it possible that your developers do the quick fixes and you supply the updated version ?

And i cant find a hint how to disable static aircrafts

Regarding ILS the fix must come with new Navdata, they are not saved in Scenery or Airport. The default XP11 has 05L with 109.5

Here is a video of Philipp Münzel, one of the developers of XP explaining the navdata system

Newest investigation shows: The Global Airports has the wrong ILS frequency. Removing Global Airports i have 110.950.

The new system is, that no Navdata is saved in scenery. I dont understand why the global airports have frequencies ?

I think a bug in the navdata system and rules for XP11

Further investigation shows, the earth_nav.dat in Global airports is wrong and has the old frequency

Why does laminar place earth_nav.dat in Global Airports, when the only valid souce should be the resources\default data or custom data for updated airacs?

One good thing, the investigations showed me how to disable static aircrafts

vor 16 Stunden , SandyLee sagte:

I have streets with autogen cars on the airport, between the two runways.
Can this be fixed with the exclusions?

If autogen streets are shown on the airport, you can add exclusions by yourself either in WED or with Overlay Editor.

I still have to check if this is really always the case (it depends for example if using HD mesh or default mesh); if so, I'll ask our product managers if the developers can do an update.

vor 15 Stunden , SandyLee sagte:

Why does laminar place earth_nav.dat in Global Airports

"Earh nav dat" is a folder and is not related to navigation data. It includes important parts of the scenery itself. Airport-specific data are defined in the various "apt.dat" files of each scenery.

"Global Airports" is (technically) also just a simple addon scenery (even though included with XP). The airports included in this folder have been all created by X-Plane users like yourself (https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/page) 

Hello Mario,

thank you for your answer.

My investigation is, that after removing the earth_nav.dat from global airports earth_nav.dat folder, the Frequency is right.

This line in the global airports earth_nav.dat\earth_nav.dat is wrong:
6  51.28818100  006.75386900    116 10950  10  300052.734 IDNE EDDL   ED 05L GS

My thought was, that with the new system/navdata files only the resources\default data and the custom data folder should contain navaids.

The navdata for specific airports is only used when the runway is misaligned with the XP world and

the real world navdata.

And your airport is right, because it has no own Navaids defined.

Actually i have 2 scenery "problems"

a - your EDDL with the old frequency, caused by the wrong entry in Laminars global airports\earth_nav.dat\earth_nav.dat (Laminars fault)
b - a LOWS payware scenery where the navaids and the runway position does not match, because the runway is misaligned and Laminar now uses real world coordinates for Navaids and Global Airports

For me there a 2 actions needed
a - scenery designers need to match and check runways with real world position, not with Orthoposition
b - laminar needs to reduce the amount of redundancy in the navdata, because the navdata from global airports\earth_nav.dat\earth_nav.dat is not used by FMCs, GPS in aircrafts

Sandy

PS: I have used the zexclusion from Hans to remove cars from airport

On ‎26‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:25, SandyLee sagte:

This line in the global airports earth_nav.dat\earth_nav.dat is wrong:
6  51.28818100  006.75386900    116 10950  10  300052.734 IDNE EDDL   ED 05L GS

But as this is a crowd-sourced folder, the only way to fix it is to add a comment to the particular EDDL scenery at the scenery Gateway, so either the original developer of this global airport, or some other person will correct this. Basically, "Custom Scenery / Global Airports" are nothing more than simple freeware airports, partly identical to those that you can download from x-plane.org. If there is a bug in one of these, their respective developers (the freeware authors, not Laminar) have to fix this. Unless they correct it, your own changes or your deletion of that file will be reverted as soon as you update X-Plane.

You should also give "Global Airports" the lowest priority in your scenery load order, because it is very likely that you have another custom scenery installed that should take precedence over the Global Airports. Or simply deactivate the whole folder in scenery_packs.ini.

On ‎26‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:25, SandyLee sagte:

a LOWS payware scenery where the navaids and the runway position does not match,

This has also to be fixed by these payware developers...

Yes, but i think Laminar should disable the earth_nav.dat in Global Airports and force the Gateway developer to fix the airports to match the real positions. Then they match

with the real NavAids and everything is okay and can be corrected by downloading Navdata updates with Aerosoft NavdataPro. One way could be to disable new uploads with navdata in future, then

this problem phases out with time.

The worst part of the current architecture is, that custom scenerys that use real world data without own navdata can break, because a global airport overrides the real data and

someone has build an airport with wrong position or navaid

On ‎28‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 14:32, SandyLee sagte:

and force the Gateway developer to fix the airports to match the real positions.

Hm, but as the Gateway developers do this in their free time, it's probably not so easy for Laminar to _force_ them to anything. ;)

If it's important to you, I suggest you send a feature-request to Laminar (using their bugreport form), because you basically want to change the way how X-Plane's scenery architecture works. (This change would also affect custom scenery that HAS their own navaids).

• 6 months later...

I bought EDDL on 01-01-2017.

Now I want to re-install it, but after InstallAnywhere, it hangs with the announcement that Running is not possible.

rtry again with another.

??

Windows 10, XP11.20rv1, but other versions are still present, a.o XP10.51.

Archived