Dovetails flight sim world

vogon22

Hi aerosoft following the announcement of flight sim world by dovetail

Because it looks very similar to fsx/p3d engine 

Will there or would it be possible for us fsx/fsx se and p3d users to migrate/transfer sceneries/aircraft over to this new flight sim? 

Thanks 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I guess this question is better suited in the Dovetail forum, don't you think? 

They know their new upcoming product best ;)

• Aerosoft

It is a development from the original engine (remember DTG took a license for that one), but as of yet there is no news on compatibility. As they will release at is Early Access I do not think a lot of add-on developers will jump on it right away. But who knows? They will be at our event this weekend btw.

Thanks for the replies 

Guess il just have to hope for the best then :)

And early access is the same as beta stage i persume? 

Thanks 

• Deputy Sheriffs

An early access on steam is actually something else.

It usually starts way more early in development process, when the product isn't completely developed yet. A beta is a completely developed product that is getting tested by a large audience.

So an early access helps the developers to make their mind up what their want to develop from the feedback they are getting, while a beta is just there to eliminate bug before final release.

An early access version is open to everyone, while beta versions have in many cases restricted access only. This is because developers prefer to hand-pick their testers. This is mainly a trust thing as they don't want their product to be largely available in a not yet ready for release state. 

But of course there are also public betas known. 

Oh, and another difference is, that you usually have to pay for an early access version on steam.   

I think dtg has already clarified that fsw will not be backward compatible. This is because they want developers to use their modified core engine and develope a better product (in their opinion). So this is a wait game. Hope and wish its going to be fruitful in the end for all.

Regards

Archived