Throttle issues (GF-TQ6 and Saitek Throttle Quadrant)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Thank you!  You solved my Throttle issues  :)

Hi there - I have a GF-TQ6 too and I apparently don't have that option in my CRJ options tab.

I'm on 1.0.04, just purchased it.

Cheers,

Pete

Greetings,

Well I have tried just about every combination that I can think of to map one throttle lever to one engine with out any success.

I have a CH Throttle Quadrant and a CH Yoke and I have used the P3D v3 controls as well as FSUICP with either option if I map each engine to a separate throttle lever I can get

no more than 40% advance. I have also used the CRJ manager program to select the two options for FSUICP  and had the same results.

However if I map both engines to one throttle lever either the throttle lever on then yoke or just one of the throttle levers on the throttle quadrant then I get full motion of the
throttles. I can fly the plane and have done so but I would like to see at some time a fix so that I can have a more realistic flight experience

If anyone knows of any solution that can be done I am watching this forum each day hoping to see a solution.

Thanks for any and all help.

May I add a feature request : Make the gates adjustable.

Maybe similar to the FSLabs A320 on one FMS page : Select a detend, move the throttle to the position you want to have it and put the displayed value into position using LSK XX.

That way it would be more flexible regarding the individual throttle travel and maybe noise. 

Mike

I'll pass this on to any guess having throttle issues with FSUIPC. I played around doing different things until this finally worked. After assigning throttles, go to the calibration page. At each block for each throttle, there's a button that says reset. It will clear the min mid and max axis data. Just by doing this and leaving it alone, I get full throttle range. Works like a charm now, give it a shot. 

I'll pass this on to any guess having throttle issues with FSUIPC. I played around doing different things until this finally worked. After assigning throttles, go to the calibration page. At each block for each throttle, there's a button that says reset. It will clear the min mid and max axis data. Just by doing this and leaving it alone, I get full throttle range. Works like a charm now, give it a shot. 

Greetings,

Finally after much trial and error this too worked for me. Thank you for the suggestion so now I can have a much more realistic

flight.

I recently purchased the CRJ 700/900 for P3D v4 and am experiencing the same throttle issue with my GF TQ6.  There are no other issues with any other aircraft in either P3D or FSX.  I also installed the CRJ into FSX to see if the issue may be linked to P3D.  The throttle are not working correctly in either sim.  I have an unregistered version of FSUIPS so I cannot use it to calibrate the throttles.  I tried linking the throttle control to only one throttle, but no joy.  In the sim, I am getting extreme asynchronous movement of both throttles and cannot move the throttles to the TOGA detent.  I have calibrated the TQ6 in Windows and via the sim several times but with no luck.  I am using the GF-config. software but it"s been working fine with all other aircraft. 

Just adding my experience in hopes that a fix can be found for this issue.

I may have solved my own problem.  In a flash of genius, I started thinking that something has to be interfering with the default throttle input.  I deleted the TQ6 assignments in the GF-Config app and went with the default assignments in P3D.  Everything seems to be working fine now.  Apparently, the GF-Config drivers do not play nice with the CRJ.  Now if we can find a way to get the GF MCP PRO to work, all will be right with the world.

So far I am very impressed with this aircraft.  I'm sure that the kinks will get worked out.  Early adopters have to expect a few issues.

• Aerosoft

We always advise not to use any drivers for FS based sims. We have seen hundreds of issues with that. Use the sims own options and when that does not work use FSUIPC (but only if you REALLY need it because it cabn get complex very fast.

On 8/10/2017 at 5:30 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We always advise not to use any drivers for FS based sims. We have seen hundreds of issues with that. Use the sims own options and when that does not work use FSUIPC (but only if you REALLY need it because it cabn get complex very fast.

Mathijs,

Any news on the TQ6 fix? I was wondering if Hans was able to get the TQ6 working with the CRJ.

I contacted support as you suggested and I never received a response.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nothing from Hans, but I have had 3 reports from users who got it working by simply allowing FS to use the channels without the driver or any other software.

I've read that too, but that option did not work for me. I gain a throttle, but lose my elevator.

I have old controllers that will only work through Direct Input. As I stated, my other aircraft work.

Thanks again for your time.

BTW, this could have been over a long time ago if customer support would have answered my request expeditiously.

• Aerosoft

But that simply seems to suggest there is one axis assigned to both controls. As we use the standard FS/P3d interface for the sticks there is really no option we could have made that mistake.

I do have a problem with the throttles not moving past 53% N1 while using the throttles. With F3 and F4 I can power up to full power. I followed the instruction for calibrating the throttles via FSUIPC, but this did not solve my problem. What else can or must I do to solve this problem? All other a/c are working fine in P3DV3 and V4...

After trying multiple times with my Saitek ProFlight Yoke and Throttle, I finally got some control. At first, the throttles were jumping around so I replaced the quad with a spare I had laying around. I was then unable to get the throttles to sit at idle and found out that I had to tell FSUIPC that it needed some reverse range. Just a little bit and now I can set the throttles to idle. However, the manual range is only about the lower 25% of the throttle range with the FADEC controlled being mapped to a range from 26% to 100% throttle. I have tried all of the settings in the CRJ Manager, Default, FSUIPC w/o reverse, and FSUIPC w/ reverse and I am unable to detect any difference. I have calibrated in W10 and I get very smooth and consistent response. Same in FSUIPC, smooth response. It is very perplexing and I really would like more than 25% of the throttle to be dedicated to manual throttle control. 

vor 20 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Have you tried to calibrate the controls?

Yes, I did that and still only able to move the throttles appr. 1/3 of the full range. I had a problem with the AS A320 and FSUIPC before and fixed this problem with a special axis fix for FSUIPC. What else can I do other than what is described in the PDF?

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Ken_G said:

After trying multiple times with my Saitek ProFlight Yoke and Throttle, I finally got some control. At first, the throttles were jumping around so I replaced the quad with a spare I had laying around. I was then unable to get the throttles to sit at idle and found out that I had to tell FSUIPC that it needed some reverse range. Just a little bit and now I can set the throttles to idle. However, the manual range is only about the lower 25% of the throttle range with the FADEC controlled being mapped to a range from 26% to 100% throttle. I have tried all of the settings in the CRJ Manager, Default, FSUIPC w/o reverse, and FSUIPC w/ reverse and I am unable to detect any difference. I have calibrated in W10 and I get very smooth and consistent response. Same in FSUIPC, smooth response. It is very perplexing and I really would like more than 25% of the throttle to be dedicated to manual throttle control. 

I assume you read the document on that? It's with the manuals.

FSUIPC Throttle calibration.pdf

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Ken_G said:

Have you checked out this?

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have you checked out this?

Thank you for the response. I read through the documentation and made sure to set up my controls per the document. I also tried default, but I can try it again.

I was considering deleting my FSUIPC5.ini file and letting it rebuild. Not sure if that would help.

I just bought the CRJ only to discover that the throttles will not produce more than 50% power and therefore I cannot fly the airplane. I use the PFC Cirrus II console that has its own drivers and is NOT recognized by FSUIPC... how can I resolve this?... thx

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, Smokeywood said:

Greetings,

Finally after much trial and error this too worked for me. Thank you for the suggestion so now I can have a much more realistic

flight.

Worked for me also!  Thanks for this tip!  Was going crazy trying everything under the sun to get the throttles on the TQ6 to move past 50% thrust, and this solved it.

Archived