Throttle issues (GF-TQ6 and Saitek Throttle Quadrant)

• Aerosoft
  • If you are using FSUIPC read the attached document. Please note FSUIPC is NOT needed for the CRJ and we do not advise to use it's throttle options for the CRJ.
  • If you are not using FSUIPC start by calibrating your controls, heck even if you do use FSUIPC calibrating them every few weeks is a very good idea.
  • Unless there is an absolute need, we advise you not to install any drivers or other software that comes with the controls.
    9% of the time they are not needed and often cause problems.

FSUIPC Throttle calibration.pdf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was using the throttle on the CH yoke with no problems, But when I switched over to the CH Throttle quadrant it was not giving me full throws on the throttles. 

So what you're saying is I should be going through FSX assignments for the CRJ?

• 1 month later...

Mine's set up ok but the 'gates' for the throttle modes are very very close together, and perhaps need slightly wider ranges, to prevent 'throttle noise' from so easily moving the throttles out of their gates.

The top gates are a little close together, but if you set the Visual Aid for Throttle Position in the Tablet (Dave) and calibrate the throttles it should work just fine.

• Aerosoft

Mmm second time we hear about that stick with an issue.

Yet I had one here a while back and had no issues unless I used their own software, are you using their drivers? And if so are you sure you need them? I never had any stick that needed drivers to work in FS.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmm second time we hear about that stick with an issue.

Yet I had one here a while back and had no issues unless I used their own software, are you using their drivers? And if so are you sure you need them? I never had any stick that needed drivers to work in FS.

I had to install their drivers when P3D v4 first came. The sim would crash before it would finish loading. Like I said though, I have the throttles working in FSX:SE, P3D v3/v4, and XP11 with no issues. All PMDG aircraft, FSL, A2A, Q400, RotateSim MD-80......it works with everything but the CRJ. 

I use FSUIPC to calibrate my set of GoFlight TQ6 throttles for my different aircraft addons. It works for all of them. Unfortunately it does not work with the CRJ 700/900X. I follow the guide in the PDF linked here and it does not work. The only problem that I'm seeing is that with FSUIPC the throttle axis range travel goes from -12093 to ~ +9000. Maybe the CRJ is expecting the full travel of -16383 to +16383 and that it is why it only gives around 40% of the travel when I move the throttle.

2 hours ago, McChester said:

If the sim crashes with a joystick attached, make sure you turn off the new "raw" mode in P3D settings - that fixed the crash for me.

I did. Still needed the GoFlight driver. 

1 hour ago, Samaritano said:

I use FSUIPC to calibrate my set of GoFlight TQ6 throttles for my different aircraft addons. It works for all of them. Unfortunately it does not work with the CRJ 700/900X. I follow the guide in the PDF linked here and it does not work. The only problem that I'm seeing is that with FSUIPC the throttle axis range travel goes from -12093 to ~ +9000. Maybe the CRJ is expecting the full travel of -16383 to +16383 and that it is why it only gives around 40% of the travel when I move the throttle.

Mine was going through the full axis range in the FSUIPC calibration window, but the throttles still would not go past 50% N1. Someone on Avsim said he assigned his in FSUIPC but did not set the calibration in FSUIPC. I tried it and it worked for me. I did the same thing for my flaps lever and that works too now. This is really, really strange behavior. Definitely something to do with the CRJ.  

I was having the same issue. I tried deleting them from FSUIPC. Assigning them only in P3D controls and nothing worked. I finally assigned them to 2 other throttles and they worked ( I have the Saitek throttle quadrant). Unassigned them from there and assigned to the ones I wanted and it worked. Don't know why but I had all but given up. I tried the FSUIPC set up provided in the manuals. I tried with and without reversers assigned. I can't explain how or why it worked but it did. I am very happy because the rest of the aircraft is beautiful. Look forward to doing a complete flight.

I have an unregistered version of FSUIPC (so I can't calibrate using it) and my CRJ throttles will barely rise above idle even after I calibrated my controls through p3d and Windows. I'm using a CH throttle quadrant and CH yoke. My yoke does not have any throttle assignments on it.

Greetings,

I have also been having throttle issues. I have both the ch yoke and the ch throttle quadrant. I tried using the controls in my p3d v 3 sim and could not get over 50% travel then I set

up the throttles using FSUICP following the instructions in the documentation with the same results. My next try was to us FSUICP and assign the throttle to just one lever on the yoke

and it worked. The next try was to remove the assignment from the yoke and just assign the throttle to one lever on the throttle quadrant and that got me full range of motion on the

throttles in the cockpit. So my conclusion is there is a problem when you try to assign each engine throttle to it's own lever. Maybe that will be a fix in an upcoming update but for now

I can at least fly using the one throttle lever.

Hopes this may help some of the other pilots that are experiencing these issues.

Gene Miller

Hey Guys. Last night I found an options tab in the CRJ manager. It's on the bottom left. Go to the options page and set your throttles to FSUIPC with or without reversers. Choose withOUT if you use buttons for reversers. Then calibrate normally and everything should work fine. 

8 hours ago, Lude2Envy said:

Hey Guys. Last night I found an options tab in the CRJ manager. It's on the bottom left. Go to the options page and set your throttles to FSUIPC with or without reversers. Choose withOUT if you use buttons for reversers. Then calibrate normally and everything should work fine. 

Thank you!  You solved my Throttle issues  :)

vor 13 Stunden , nicolas83 sagte:

Can I assign a key command for the red levers behind the thrustlevers for engine start and shutdown? If yes how?

Best regards

Nicolas

Yes you can. You can use the .lua script.

Best regards

Nicolas

;-)

On 3.8.2017 at 0:35 AM, Samaritano said:

Aerosoft was kind enough to send me as GoFlight TQ6 throttle for testing today. I haven't had the chance to look into this.

If you calibrate the throttle properly, it should expand the range from the physcial -12093 to 9000 to a full -16384 to 16383.

Archived