FS9 Reinstall and AES question.

TJC

I think a re-boot of my computer is on the very near horizon which will most likely lead to a re-install of FS9.

What will my situation be regarding AES and whatever airports I've activated so far?

Will I be able to continue as before or will I need new credits for these airports again?

P.S. pretty good write up of Mathijs Kok and the Aerosoft team in this months PC Pilot.

Congrats to you all on your work so far.

So no charge for re-activating what I've installed already?

Just want to be clear before I start dismantling the rig.

• Developer

Hi,

if you want to save time, make a copy of the files you find direct in the ..AerosoftAES directory (without subdirs) and create this directory per and and copy the backuped files back there, after you have reinstalled the FS and your addons and BEFORE you run the AES installer as the last step.

Then you only have to recheck the Airports, which are checked now and all will work.

IMPORTANT: Install the addons first and AES LAST.

Hello Tom,

All you need do really is re-install the program and then your credits and re-activate everything.

I'm planning to buy a new computer soon so I would also like to make sure I understood it correctly... :oops:

After a fresh FS9 install (+ sceneries) on the new PC, I can either

- re-enter the credit codes I received previously by mail (simmarket) to activate the same airports I had activated on my old PC.

or

- I can backup and copy the content of the AES folder of the old PC to the new one?

Is this correct?

Thanks you guys for a fantastic product!

Regards,

Sylvain