[Available Now] Aerosoft Dallas/Fort Worth Intl for XP 10 & 11

Omar Masroor

The new flagship for X-Plane.

Hello everyone. I'm pleased to announce that my new scenery for X-Plane is now available on the Aerosoft Online Shop. Check out the launch trailer below:

Sprawled across 18,076 acres of land—an area larger than the island of Manhattan—DFW is the world's third largest airport. With 681,244 aircraft movements in 2015, it is also the world's third busiest airport. 7 runways, 5 terminals, 165 gates and 3 control towers help accommodate the 1,845 daily flights. DFW is the headquarters and the largest hub of American Airlines, the world's largest airline.

Features

• 30 cm/pixel orthoimagery and 1 cm/pixel custom ground detail/markings
  • Airport lighting and pavement markings closely follow FAA/ACI standards
  • Terminals with interiors modelled using actual architectural drawings
  • Modelled aircraft overpasses crossing International Parkway
  • Ray-traced ambient occlusion, local illumination and specular mapping
  • Uses advanced X-Plane features such as decal shading and 3D spill lights
  • Animated passenger boarding bridges and Safedock® A-VDGS at all gates (using the freely available AutoGate plugin by Jonathan Harris)*
  • Animated road traffic and Skylink APM
  • Works with the ‘Draw Parked Aircraft’ feature introduced in X-Plane 10.50
  • Complete taxiway network for use by ATC and AI aircraft
  • Fully compatible with the X-Life plugin by JARDesign*
  • Makes full use of the new ground service vehicles introduced in X-Plane 11
  • Thousands of hand-placed objects such as parked cars and streetlights
  • Parked cars, streetlights and terminal interiors can be individually turned on/off to optimize performance*
  • Uses 4K textures to maximize performance by minimizing draw calls

*  = view the manual for instructions

View more videos of the scenery here: https://goo.gl/KxxWF7

-- Click on each screenshot below to view the full detail of the scenery in gorgeous 1920 x 1080 pixels --

Crucial Bug Fix for Aerosoft Dallas/Fort Worth Intl

A user has pointed out to me that crossing the elevated overpasses on Taxiways A/B/Y/Z may cause your aircraft to abruptly jump a few feet into the air and suffer from a tailstrike or other form of damage.

Use this fix to to diminish the issue:

1. Download the Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix.zip file attached to this post.
  2. Extract the archive.
  3. Copy the extracted 220.obj file and place it in your X-Plane/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft_KDFW_5_Scenery/ folder, overwriting the previous file.

Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix.zip

Important: The Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix.zip file I posted in my previous post (post #6) was causing AI traffic to taxi through the elevated overpasses instead of over them. Please download the new Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix_#2.zip file attached to this post instead.

Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix_#2.zip

• 8 months later...

The best DFW scenery gets even better.

Hi everyone. I'm pleased to announce a free major update to DFW that includes a whopping 30 improvements/fixes for issues reported to me by the community and that I noticed myself. Thank you to everyone who sent me messages/posted on my topics pointing out the various different issues. Here are the changes:

• All scenery elements are now correctly aligned with the ground layout
  • New custom files for World Traffic v3 and updated files for X-Life v2.0 support
  • LAHSO lights now stay on during the day and pulsate at the FAA-designated rate (1.72s ON, 0.46s OFF)
  • Added missing MALSR approach lighting on Runway 31R
  • Added missing taxiway centerline + edge lights and intermediate hold short markings on the aircraft overpasses
  • Added missing apron lights on the underside of the Skylink tracks
  • Added AutoGate marshallers to eligible gates/stands with no A-VDGS
  • Added missing night lighting on the Skylink cars and tracks
  • Added missing jet blast deflectors throughout the airport
  • Added the three missing ramp towers
  • Added the two missing radar towers with animated spinning dishes
  • Added the missing American flag and American Airlines plaque at the Terminal A-C Connector
  • Added the missing Maverick VOR/DME structure
  • Added missing parking sheds north of Terminal E
  • Added missing fuel tanks at well drilling sites throughout the airport
  • Added wind-dependent ATC traffic flows to runways and one-way directionality to parallel taxi routes
  • Added the service roads that run parallel to International Pkwy
  • Fixed streetlights protruding through the aircraft overpasses
  • Fixed passenger Skylink track pillars protruding through PBBs and GSE
  • Fixed visual artifacts on the aircraft overpasses
  • Fixed default AI aircraft not using the airport
  • Fixed color of high-pressure sodium apron lights and added an individual 'billboard' for each lamp housing
  • Fixed PBBs not connected to the Terminal B Stinger
  • Fixed position of RIDS displays for Gates B1-B3
  • Fixed flickering parts of the Skylink tracks
  • Fixed visible seams between orthoimagery tiles
  • Fixed sky visibility through translucent windows
  • Fixed missing interior wall sections of Terminals A-C & E
  • Fixed flickering interior wall sections of Terminal D
  • Reduced the probability of incorrect airlines at Terminals D & E when using the MisterX static aircraft library

New custom files for World Traffic v3: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/41898-world-traffic-v3-files-for-aerosofts-dallasfort-worth-intl-kdfw-scenery/

Updated files for X-Life v2.0: http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=15319

The update for both the X-Plane 10 and X-Plane 11 versions of the scenery has been pushed to Aerosoft today and should be released to customers soon.

If you have any questions regarding the changes, please feel free to ask.

i live about an hour away from DFW, my god you did a fantastic job, if i was on xplane i would snap this up in a heartbeat, you did a fantastic job! even modeled the lounges and such.

• 1 year later...

Absolutely fantastic !!  So glad I purchased this Software, I'm an Airline Pilot and fly to DFW regularly...I actually feel like I am flying into and out of DFW with my Oculus VR !!!  Great product at a great price, Highly recommend...Thank you !!

Archived