Madeira X Evolution V1.03 Crash and Afcad

Manuel Formas

Dear sirs,
Given that everyone has already realized that this Madeira
scenery should only be launched once the various problems that affect it have been solved! It turns out that, I'm just creating this post about your product in question, because I think it is not possible to know what it is.

Aerosoft is not just any company! It is surely the most (if not more) prestigious in our world of simulation and launches a product that does not have the minimum conditions to be sold as this product finds itself.

Obviously that 25.79 Euros for a German citizen, is not the same thing for a Portuguese, ie in my case, this product is expensive and I am not using it even with all the tips that are in your Forúm.

Well, I think it's a big influence and what Aerosoft is for me, it does not go well with this photograph.

Finally, I reinstalled the old "Madeira X" from (Luís Sá), which despite being created for FS2004 as we all know, always worked very well, even in FSX.

I am waiting for you to solve all the problems that affect this product as soon as possible, because unless you have a better opinion, your company does not square with such situations.

Best regards,

Manuel Formas

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Manuel,

complex products might suffer from problems at their initial release. But I would really like to ask you to take a closer look on the version history of this product:

HISTORY

1.00       Download release

1.01       -Fixed mesh and coastline problems in Porto Santo,

-Added boats/ships in the bay,

-Car traffic fixed (FSX),

-Ilhas Desertas mesh and landclass corrected,

-VOR fixed in P3D,

-Material specular removed on terrain (FSX),

-Fixed lights visibility during day/night transition (FSX),

-PAPI visibility slightly improved.

1.02       Fixed coastline problems

1.03       -Afcad adjustments (FSX and P3D),

-Papi lights appear as square from fare (FSX),

-3D grass added (FSX),

-Taxiway centerline lights fixed (FSX),

-New taxiway markings added to match current airport state (FSX and P3D),

-Airport name changed (Funchal Cristiano Ronaldo Airport),

-New airport logo added (FSX and P3D),

-Porto Santo windmils added.

-Slope wall resolution adjusted (FSX and P3D),

-Runway lights red type added at runway endings (FSX and P3D).

From the initial release (07.03.17) until now (25.04.17) there have been already 3 updates, the latest one (1.03) just 4 days ago. 

I don't know from where you take that this product is not getting updated/fixed and blame Aerosoft therefore for not doing what a customer can expect from them?

Please be more specific on your claim if you want your post to be seen as a serious and rightful complain, and not just as a rant without any backing.

56 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Hello Manuel,

complex products might suffer from problems at their initial release. But I would really like to ask you to take a closer look on the version history of this product:

From the initial release (07.03.17) until now (25.04.17) there have been already 3 updates, the latest one (1.03) just 4 days ago. 

I don't know from where you take that this product is not getting updated/fixed and blame Aerosoft therefore for not doing what a customer can expect from them?

Please be more specific on your claim if you want your post to be seen as a serious and rightful complain, and not just as a rant without any backing.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your prompt response, but, unless I have a better opinion, I did not at any time write that this product has not been updated.

Obviously I have been attentive to the various Updates (3) and I judged (as it is said here in Portugal, "Three is for once"), hence have purchased this product.

In fact, I am disappointed with this whole situation, for I did not expect a product made by Aerosoft to be marketed with all these problems that still exist.

As for the "speech without any support" I just have to say the following: Just read all the (or almost all) Posts about the problems that this product presents and each person draws their conclusions.

Best regards,

Manuel Formas

• Developer

Hi Manuel,

the Airport of Madeira is a very special one and that makes him nice for any pilot, but not for an developer, as the FS Engine is not focused to Airports with a runway on a bridge. It was not in mind, that this can happen, when the FS Developers define the code to make sceneries.

I was involved in the old Wonderful Madeira Product you talk about, it was a internal Product of Aerosoft and the developer that time ask me to assist him with the special technical problems such a airport generate. It's nice to hear, that this one ist still working and so the week of time investet for this old product has his benefit in a stayable product. (Btw it was a product for the FSX sort after his release, not focused for FS9)

The new product is from a different external developer, so I was not involved in the development, but get contacted by Aerosoft now to have a look into it, based on the issue we all see here in the forum under the different condition of the users.

I am working now for one week at this project, and it is the same nightmare as years ago for the old scenery. When you think you have a solution for one problem, two new pops up. Sometime frustrating when you think you have it, but then you see a small part not perfect and you must go two steps back to find another way.

But I hope to be on the final way now, so that we can close many issues of the list.

The Afcad was also on my todo list and I am very happy to see, that by all limit's the AI Engine has, the AI Traffic follows now the realistic taxiroles. Maybe I find a way to get the AI traffic into the path for the RW 05 approach, but there is no light at the end of the tunnel today. We will see.

Finally a very special Airport not to compare to any other, not even to the old Hong Kong, but technically very special, for the development and the users later as well.

The overview of the island and airport was and is always nice and the visual quality is not in question here, the problems are in the technical details, so maybe the desition to release too early, but even I am not save, that I have see and fixes all issues, specially on different user plattforms, I never able to simulate and test before I say, now the product is finished. The FS is not a fixed plattform, any setting any addon can have effect to others, with million of combinations.

We will see if the next fix bring it to the state, you see in the old version after years now. Lets cross our fingers.

I saw all the updates in the different versions. I was happy with v 1.02, and had therefor big hopes for v 1.03.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed with  v1.03, because:

- there is a hole/gap on the cliff/road between airport and Machico     (NB: this problem does not occur in v 1.02) (my settings is 1 meter. I have the same settings as for v 1.02)
- weird shadows on runway 23 side    (NB: this problem does not occur in v 1.02)
- aircraft hits something above/around runway 23 side in different locations/altitudes, even with Crash detection set to OFF.    (NB: this problem does not occur in v 1.02. This was present in v 1.01 or v 1.00, was fixed in v 1.02, but sadly re-appeared in v 1.03!)

Also, something has changed in lpma_apttfc.BGL: it seems the road traffic around the airport is not in lpma_apttfc.BGL now. Explanation:

In both v1.02 and v1.03, I had/have to remove/disable lpma_apttfc.BGL because it lowers FPS: (and I have a high end PC, see PC specs below)

In v 1.02, if lpma_apttfc.BGL is ON I got ~15 FPS (bad), if lpma_apttfc.BGL is OFF I got ~35 FPS (good). In v 1.02, when lpma_apttfc.BGL is OFF, I have no road traffic around the airport.

In v 1.03, if lpma_apttfc.BGL is ON I got ~10 FPS (very bad), if lpma_apttfc.BGL is OFF I got ~20 FPS (not that good). In v 1.03, when lpma_apttfc.BGL is OFF, I still have road traffic around the airport.

So, the road traffic around the airport is in another BGL.

Questions:

In which BGL is the road traffic around the airport?

What is in lpma_apttfc.BGL?

Also, I couldn't see the newly added windmills in Porto Santo. Where are they on that Island?

For all those reasons, I had no choice than to uninstall v 1.03 and put v 1.02 back. Considering the time I had to spend reading the forum, uninstall, reinstall, make videos, write posts, I think 25 euros is quite expensive. If, however, I would get a product without bugs, I would personally be very happy to pay 60 euros (yes sixty)! 

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

I am working now for one week at this project, and it is the same nightmare as years ago for the old scenery. When you think you have a solution for one problem, two new pops up. Sometime frustrating when you think you have it, but then you see a small part not perfect and you must go two steps back to find another way.

I do believe you. That must be frustrating for you too, I realise that.

I wish you all the best, and hope all these problems to be fixed in the next version. :)

PC specs:

My PC specs:

- Intel Core i7 5960X Haswell-E 8-Cored 3.50GHz Processor (Overclocked to 4.3 GHz)

- Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

- Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 Motherboard

- 64GB Crucial DDR4 2133MHz Memory (8 x 8GB sticks)

- Asus GeForce GTX 980 TI 6GB STRIX OC Direct CU II

- 512GB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive: OS and programs

- 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive: sims

- 2 Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive in RAID 1 Configuration

- Corsair AX 1200i 80 PLS Platinum Modular 1200W PSU

- Creative Sound Blaster ZX Gaming Soundcard

- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

3 hours ago, OPabst said:

Hi Manuel,

the Airport of Madeira is a very special one and that makes him nice for any pilot, but not for an developer, as the FS Engine is not focused to Airports with a runway on a bridge. It was not in mind, that this can happen, when the FS Developers define the code to make sceneries.

I was involved in the old Wonderful Madeira Product you talk about, it was a internal Product of Aerosoft and the developer that time ask me to assist him with the special technical problems such a airport generate. It's nice to hear, that this one ist still working and so the week of time investet for this old product has his benefit in a stayable product. (Btw it was a product for the FSX sort after his release, not focused for FS9)

The new product is from a different external developer, so I was not involved in the development, but get contacted by Aerosoft now to have a look into it, based on the issue we all see here in the forum under the different condition of the users.

But I hope to be on the final way now, so that we can close many issues of the list.

The Afcad was also on my todo list and I am very happy to see, that by all limit's the AI Engine has, the AI Traffic follows now the realistic taxiroles. Maybe I find a way to get the AI traffic into the path for the RW 05 approach, but there is no light at the end of the tunnel today. We will see.

Finally a very special Airport not to compare to any other, not even to the old Hong Kong, but technically very special, for the development and the users later as well.

The overview of the island and airport was and is always nice and the visual quality is not in question here, the problems are in the technical details, so maybe the desition to release too early, but even I am not save, that I have see and fixes all issues, specially on different user plattforms, I never able to simulate and test before I say, now the product is finished. The FS is not a fixed plattform, any setting any addon can have effect to others, with million of combinations.

We will see if the next fix bring it to the state, you see in the old version after years now. Lets cross our fingers.

Hello Oliver Pabst,

First of all, I want to thank you for answering my post, with the presiosismo, professionalism and sincerity with which you did it.

I also take this opportunity to congratulate you on the excellent product (AES) that you have created for at least 10 years and that I use from the first hour.

As for Madeira X evolution, I do not have much more to add.

But considering that I have been passionate about aviation and simulation in particular, since the time of FS2002 and I was one of the people who participated in the tests of "FsTerrain" by Luís Sá at the end of 2004.

Not being the computer science my professional area, but past all these years we are gaining some experience and knowledge related to the installation and configuration of scenarios and aircraft in the various simulators.

In this sense and except for a better opinion, I leave here my vision on this problem of invisible objects in this new scenario:

Soon after the release of the 1st version, someone posted here in Forum, that the "AES" recognized the new scenario, where the "AES" objects appeared above the Aircraft and Oliver, explained the reason for the situation.

Well, as I wrote earlier, not realizing anything programming, I can be here writing a big gaffe! But the idea was that the developers of "MK Studios" downgraded the terrain in relation to what was done for the "Wonderful Madeira", if it were not, considering that the developers in question used the Same names of the "BGL" of the old scenario, "AES" would work almost perfectly with the new scenario, because even "Afcad" is right.

I do not know if I'm explaining well and I do not know English and I'm using the Google translator.

It remains for me to wish you Good Luck and as you say, let us cross our fingers and wait for your work.

Best regards,

Manuel Formas

16 hours ago, Raymond66 said:

Also, I couldn't see the newly added windmills in Porto Santo. Where are they on that Island?

Here they are...

Please login to display this image.

I believe you have some kind of problem on your side because your PC is better than mine and I get very good performance.

Also, where exactly is that lpma_apttfc.BGL you talked about? I can't find it anywhere on v1.03.

2 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

I believe you have some kind of problem on your side because your PC is better than mine and I get very good performance.

Also, where exactly is that lpma_apttfc.BGL you talked about? I can't find it anywhere on v1.03.

I have good performance in v 1.02 with lpma_apttfc.OFF. In v 1.03 (that I just reinstalled), I get ~ 12 FPS at the airport with lpma_apttfc.BGL active... Everywhere else (in the world) I get at least 30 FPS. I can't understand.

lpma_apttfc.BGL is in ...\FSX\Aerosoft\MadeiraX2016\Scenery

I found the windmills in Porto Santo.

11 minutes ago, Raymond66 said:

I have good performance in v 1.02 with lpma_apttfc.OFF. In v 1.03 (that I just reinstalled), I get ~ 12 FPS at the airport with lpma_apttfc.BGL active... Everywhere else (in the world) I get at least 30 FPS. I can't understand.

I found the windmills in Porto Santo.

Sorry but I can't find that BGL. Do you use ORBX FTX Global?

Here's what my installation looks like. As you can see there's no lpma_apttfc.BGL (it's ordered alphabetically).

By the way, did you mean this location? Prepar3D v3\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\MadeiraX2016\Scenery

EDIT: Oh wait! I guess it's because you're in FSX and I'm in P3D perhaps? I can't help you there then.

Please login to display this image.

1 minute ago, Flightplayer said:

Sorry but I can't find that BGL. Do you use ORBX FTX Global?

Here's what my installation looks like. As you can see there's no lpma_apttfc.BGL (it's ordered alphabetically).

By the way, did you mean this location? Prepar3D v3\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\MadeiraX2016\Scenery

Yes I can see, but you have Prepar3D, and I have FSX SE (I only have the Steam edition of FSX). Installs are different in the different simulators...

Yes I have ORBX FTX Global and ORBX Vector too.

vor 20 Stunden , Raymond66 sagte:

If I remember right there comes an additional "PortoSanto2016" folder with 1.03 - is it active in the scenery lib?

Raymond66. The windmills are there in my FSX installation as show in the picture. So they should be there in yours too.

Maybe you - as me - expect classic Spanish or Dutch windmills when it was said windmills are missing. But in fact the power windmills were meant.

1 hour ago, christian1974 said:

Raymond66. The windmills are there in my FSX installation as show in the picture. So they should be there in yours too.

Yes Christian1974, I have them; see my post #8...

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/4/2560 at 0:19 AM, Raymond66 said:

In v 1.03, if lpma_apttfc.BGL is ON I got ~10 FPS (very bad), if lpma_apttfc.BGL is OFF I got ~20 FPS (not that good). In v 1.03, when lpma_apttfc.BGL is OFF, I still have road traffic around the airport.

Hi Raymond66. I suspect the birds that fly over terminal may cause low fps. I also get around 17fps. (I'm not sure if there are also birds over Terminal in v 1.02 or not)
When the birds is not showing up I get quite good fps (25-35). But when I taxi to the gate until the birds starting to appear. I notice that my fps drop constantly.
It also could be any object near terminal. Low fps always appear when I getting near the terminal.

It would be very nice to have a tool to choose what object we don't want to improve fps without messing files in Scenery folder (like turn on/off people at the terminal, traffic near airport, birds at terminal or halo lights)

• Developer

Please don't spend to much time in V1.03 anymore, as V1.04 is on the final way and will have several improvments, not only in Frames and Bugfixes.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Please don't spend to much time in V1.03 anymore, as V1.04 is on the final way and will have several improvments, not only in Frames and Bugfixes.

Ok OPabst, thank you for your replied.
Today from the result that I tested by removing people and birds away. The fps are improve.
However I'm looking forward for v1.04 update :) and will now stop spending time to adjust things in v1.03.

4 hours ago, OPabst said:

Glad that update is on final and bug free.

• Developer
vor 38 Minuten, cteixeira sagte:

Glad that update is on final and bug free.

Bug free, I hope. As we talk about a non standard base, I only can see the result based on my environment. Where the bug is generated not always is clear, we only can try to reduce the potential sources.

I am very excited, if all the time invested will be successfull, not only for me.

6 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Bug free, I hope. As we talk about a non standard base, I only can see the result based on my environment. Where the bug is generated not always is clear, we only can try to reduce the potential sources.

I am very excited, if all the time invested will be successfull, not only for me.

I wonder if there's a possibility to be online today/tomorrow

hold your breath and leave them time to do it as right as possible - also we got a holliday on thursday (at least here in germany) so may be they wait 'til next week.

• Aerosoft

Madeira X Evolution has been updated to version 1.04

- LPMA Afcad optimized, handles AI-Traffic with curved approach to Runway 05,
- RNAV Approaches added based on actual Navdata to be used with GPS and ATC,
- Completely redone runway lights for LPMA, 
- ICAO confirmed edge and center line colors ,
- Lead-in light flashes have now correct positions,
- Intensity of lights optimized to prevent "glow" effect,
- Visibility of PAPI optimized,
- Apron and Landside vehicle traffic added (AESlite Traffic),
- 3D Lights added to Madeira and Porto Santo Islands,
- Performance optimized,