NavDataPro Issue

joeboez

Hello,

I'm running on an iMac w/ OS X Sierra and X-plane v10.51.  NavDataPro v1.0.3.6 works without issue.  But, when I update to 10.4 the install goes through but the program will crash shortly after I open it.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a fix for it?

Thank You,

Joe 

On ‎24‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 19:15, joeboez sagte:

when I update to 10.4 the install goes through but the program will crash shortly after I open it.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a fix for it?

I don't have a Mac, but ...:

- Do you get an error message?

- What happens when you completely uninstall NavDataPro before installing the new version? Does it still crash?

6 hours ago, Mario Donick said:

I don't have a Mac, but ...:

- Do you get an error message?

- What happens when you completely uninstall NavDataPro before installing the new version? Does it still crash?

Yes, the app quits after about a second of operation and I get this message... "NavDataPro quit unexpectedly."  When I completely uninstall and install a new version there is no change in its behavior.  Occasionally, on the first install the program will not crash after a second and will remain running.  But, if I try to put in my serial number and get it into operation nothing works.  I will also get this message when I close the window..."couldn't open prop_ini.xml".   1.0.3.6 doesn't have this issue.

Thanks for the response.  

8 hours ago, Mario Donick said:

Just to be sure, you installed the app to the "Applications" folder, didn't you? (I ask because of the "..."couldn't open prop_ini.xml" message).

So when it is in the application folder it quits within a second after opening.  If it's not in the application folder it will open but not take my serial number.  I will also get the message "couldn't open prop_ini.xm."  So to sum it up these are two separate behaviors with the application and they both don't work.

Then let's focus on the serial not working with the method where the program starts.

Can you show me some screenshots of the window where you enter the serial (remove delete the actual serial from the screenshot before posting).

21 hours ago, Mario Donick said:

Then let's focus on the serial not working with the method where the program starts.

Can you show me some screenshots of the window where you enter the serial (remove delete the actual serial from the screenshot before posting).

Unfortunately, I'm now unable to recreate the situation when I could input the serial number.  The application quits within a second.  As I recall when it was partially working, I was able to input my name on the account and the serial number.  The next fields however never populated ... product , last update, first update, update count, valid. In this scenario I would also get the message "couldn't open prop_ini.xm" when closing the application.  I believe 1.0.4 is not Mac OS X Sierra compatible.  Has anyone else had a similar issue?  This is the first time I've encountered this having used 1.0.3.6 and pervious versions for 2 years without issue.

vor 1 hour , joeboez sagte:

Unfortunately, I'm now unable to recreate the situation when I could input the serial number.  The application quits within a second.  As I recall when it was partially working, I was able to input my name on the account and the serial number.  The next fields however never populated ... product , last update, first update, update count, valid. In this scenario I would also get the message "couldn't open prop_ini.xm" when closing the application.  I believe 1.0.4 is not Mac OS X Sierra compatible.  Has anyone else had a similar issue?  This is the first time I've encountered this having used 1.0.3.6 and pervious versions for 2 years without issue.

Hm... maybe it's a different thing (as I said, I don't have a Mac), but have you tried this?

Yes I tried it.  Unfortunately, that doesn't work either.  I'll wait for the next update and hopefully that will fix this issue.  I'm curious if there are any other MAC users that are experiencing similar problems?  Thanks for the help.

Archived