PMDG 777 Glidslope problem

hwqg06

I i am trying to do a autolanding and i arm the localiser and i arm the approach phase button. The LNAV goes over to LOCALISER but the VNAV wont switch to Glideslope! I need quick replys beacause i wanna fly the plane i spent money on!

Hi,

an picture are helpful.

You fly the last part (intercept heading to the Localizer) with the HDG mode and the correct FAF Alt. Before, it´s normal to descend with V/S to this FAF Alt.

On this intercept leg you arm APR, when the signals from the ILS is received (control on the PFD the Identifer).

With arm APR LOC and GS are withe in the FMA (in the PFD) for armed modi. With nearing on the LOC signal the mode change to active green, with allive GS signal GS also change to active green.

LNAV and VNAV is not taken regularly for the part before the ILS intercept.

Ok.... I did turn on the localiser now and the glideslope. Once again the G/S didnt work, then i turned on V/S and set it to the same V/S as the glideslope and while i decented on V/S out of nowhere the G/S captured!!! Why did it capture after it should have? It activated to late...

vor 33 Minuten, hwqg06 sagte:

Ok.... I did turn on the localiser now and the glideslope. Once again the G/S didnt work, then i turned on V/S and set it to the same V/S as the glideslope and while i decented on V/S out of nowhere the G/S captured!!! Why did it capture after it should have? It activated to late...

It's quite possible that you were above the glideslope. Always capture the glideslope from below and never chase it or dive for it. You should also manage your speed and energy correctly, if you want to capture the slope with 200kts+ then iit's probably not going to work in larger aircraft. PMDG's aircraft are weird anyways when it comes to vertical modes...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please don't double post. I'll close your earlier one for you. I replied to your earlier post with the message below. Did you follow the tutorial exactly and if so, were you able to capture the glideslope?

By far your best approach to getting help for this is to look on the PMDG sponsored site on Avsim here. That site is where PMDG offers their tech support. Aerosoft only sells the product; PMDG developed it.

I also strongly suggest that you closely follow the tutorial that comes with the 777, since that scenario should be included. Even if you've done it, do it again. Someone is bound to ask if you did when you post your problem, and doing the tutorial, if you haven't done so, almost always gets you to where you want to go. This is not an add-on you can pick up and expect to fly like the stock one.

• 1 month later...

It would be interesting to know the airport and runway, which you wanted to approach.

Because there exists several runways, which are only equipped by localizer and not with a glideslope!

Archived