how do I clear traffic for RNP/RNAV APPR

how do I clear traffic for RNP/RNAV APPR? 

I installed the latest AIRC and I got RNP APPR active, but no matter what command i put in it claims 

there is no such in the DB...

the procedure exists as you can see:

how do i know based on teh approach list on teh left side i have, what is teh exact command that i need to type to represent the approach?

Please login to display this image.

The attached image shows what happened after giving the command

ACA5894 D LIMKO

So this works just fine.

Alternatively you could just mouse-drag the plane to LIMKO to get the same result.

HTH :)

• 1 month later...

the issue is not the LIMKO STAR, it is the Approach itself.

LIMKO star ends at LIMKO waypoint, than the  RNP X (R30-X) approach (brown line) procedure starts (like when ILS starts after the last STAR way point)

after LIMKO I want to clear the traffic to RNAV / RNP approach (no ILS).

but there is no command to clear the traffic to the RNP X approach as it is listed in the photo below

the same is true with "R26_LIMKO" (after Limko, how do i clear the traffic for an RNAV approach / not ILS)?

There is no ILS on Runway 30 at LLBG.
The Approach Procedure selected above is the RNP.

Anyway, to explicitly command the procedure, you can do it like this:

ID D LIMKO
ID J H30-X_LIMKO

(See the command examples in the Manual, page 12.)

In the attached animation you can see how the plane confirms the destination LIMKO first and then confirms the procedure.

Just watch the command line and the information on the screen.

HTH :-)

(Edit: Please not that I am already on AIRAC 1706 and the procedure name has slightly changed.)

I did read the manual before I asked those questions, but in the manual you only have ILS/VISUAL examples, not anything to do with RNAV, RNP, etc...

definitely I wouldn't be able and figure out the "ID J H30-X_LIMKO" command (unless I missed something)

A quick question , why did you replace in the command example the "R" with an "H"?

Can you explain to me the logics behind this command? (i can't see anywhere why the "H" is needed)

Original:

R30-X_LIMKO

your command:

ID J H30-X_LIMKO

Does this mean if I want let's say execute  the "X30_BGN" or "R21_VATAT" I need to send a command "H30_BGN" and "H21_VATAT" respectively?

In the manual you have copied in your answer you see the Command "DIRECT TO AND JOIN".
This in fact addresses what I have answered you in my very first answer above. You direct your plane to LIMKO and there it automatically joins a given procedure.

My second answer addresses the "JOIN PROCEDURE" command, used to command a procedure explicitly.

The manual indeed only gives an example of a procedure name.

In both cases it is important to route the plane to LIMKO, as this is the initial fix for the procedure starting there.

The reason for the exchange of the "R" with an "H" is the different AIRAC.
Procedure names have changed with the AIRAC that is valid since yesterday.

While in AIRAC 1703/1704 "R30_X-LIMKO" has been the name of this RNP-procedure, the name changed with AIRAC 1706 to "H30_X-LIMKO".

When you update your AIRAC data, you will no longer find "R30_X-LIMKO" in the procedures, but "H30_X-LIMKO" instead. 
You can easily verify this by inspecting and comparing the procedure file (LLBG.txt in the PROC subdirectory).
It is of course easier to verify it by looking into the charts, in case you have access to them.

So the procedure name to command is always identical to the one listed in the PROCEDURES-tab.

HTH :)

Archived