X-plane 11 DVD install problem

I am in the process of moving my entire system from Windows 10 to Linux. 

Hopefully to get a slightly faster frame rate in X Plane, and less interruptions from the OS.

Today I have been trying to re-install X-Plane 11 from DVD on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

The demo install worked OK and a disk 1 conversion to a licensed copy worked OK.

But it looks like the not recognising disk change scenario is still not fixed.

When I try to add scenery to the base installation the installer does not recognise that the next disk has  been inserted. 

Even though this has been recognised by the Linux system ie the Files application can see the disk and contents but the installer just sits there for ever. 

The install log does not help as that just shows the scenery selection complete, Western Europe, then 8 minutes later Displaying Alert, Cancel installation in progress as I gave up waiting.

Fortunately I did spot your comment that you can copy the files over manually so I have done just that instead....

Archived