X-plane 11 DVD install problem

can anyone help?

Iv just received Aerosoft X-plane 11 on DVDs. On opening the set iv discovered I have 10 disks 1-9 but two disk 8's

However the problem I have is that when the install asks for disk 2 it goes no further after inserting the disk. Iv tried reinserting the disk but no joy. I can browse the files on the disk but the install is going no further.

I'm running windows 10

-Lee

• Administrator

Hello,

do you have configured your Windows 10 to Autoplay for all media?

For example here:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc then press the Enter key.
Double-click the AutoPlay icon.
Ensure you check the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices check box.
Select every drop-down menu and choose Ask me every time (or "Open folder ...") next to every DVD, Blu-ray, and CD item, and then click Save.

Also be sure to have inserted the DVD's into the first Drive (if there are more) and /or deactivate a virtual drive (if installed).

Restart Windows 10.

Greets Heinz

not made any difference.

all disks are set to ask me everytime within auto play in the control panel.

the 2nd disk is not starting up.

The continue button on the installation window is a solid blue.

• Administrator

Hello

There shall be 9 DVD's (1 to 8 and Number 9 for the three Airport Addons).

Here one more tip.

Put the DVD's into the first DVD Drive if you have more than one installed with your operatingsytem.
Additionally deactivate a "virtual drive" if you have one implemented with your operatingsytem.

This is working for users with the "recognizing" problem.

I have installed the Box version of X-Plane 11 here with this instruction (this Thread and this Topic).

It works here with Windows 10.

I will try to find more infos about the problem (Laminar Research).

Greets Heinz

no I have no virtual drive or a second dvd drive. iv double checked the autoplay settings and rebooted.

restarted the install, the 1st disk ejects after finishing. I then inserted the second disk and then nothing.

why does x-plane install need the system to auto start dvd's?

Ok iv just placed the 1st dvd in drive again after a reboot and now get a windows box asking me how to proceed in disk. X-plane install has now just startedup.

this time I have installed x-plane without installing any scenery. after installing x-plane I then ran the installer and selected some scenery to install. The install then asks me for disk 2, the draw pops open by itself I insert the disk and now nothing. should all the disks contain a autostart inf file? all I have in disk 2 root folder is an x-plane folder (and a  global folder contained within that ) and a readme file?

vor 8 Stunden , captain744 sagte:

and now nothing.

Can you hear the DVD drive spin up after inserting?

Does the installation continue (the installer recognizes the DVD) if you open the DVD in Windows Explorer? Sometimes Windows needs a little kick to recognize the DVD change.

I nothing helps, one idea: I haven't X-Plane DVDs here right now, so I have to ask: Does the X-Plane folder on the disks 2-8 contain a "Global Scenery" folder, and does this one include a "X-Plane 11 Global Scenery" folder, and does this one have a "Earth nav data" folder? If you can answer to all of this with YES, you can simply copy the "Global Scenery" folder from each disk manually to your X-Plane 11 folder (using the Explorer, merge when asked). (But only if the folder structure is really as I guessed. If it's not, don't. Again, I can't check this here atm.)

yes the disks contain those folders and yes the disk spins up but the installation does not continue. Yes iv noticed sometimes you need to click on the dvd drive or explorer to spin the disk up but no change. Copying manually may work, I will give that a try tomorrow. Although I would like to if the disks or installer are faulty or not?

vor 7 Stunden , captain744 sagte:

Although I would like to if the disks or installer are faulty or not?

I can't really say. There are some issues with the DVDs under Linux (file names are shown wrongly, and installer crashes when changing DVDs), but according to Laminar, the Windows version should be fine. For the Linux issues, probably next week Laminar will issue a new version of the installer.

You could also try to create ISO images of the DVDs and install from these. If there's no installer bug, the installer should recognize these, once switched...

Are you any further forward with this Captain744?  I ask because I received my disks yesterday and I also can't install. Although in my case the process won't go beyond disk one.  I Have emailed Aerosoft support this morning, attaching a copy of the installer log. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out for me. Did you do that?

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I had the same issue! After entering DVD #2 the installation-tool didn't recognice the second DVD and the "next"-button has been deactivated/greyed out. The drive-LED flashed up shortly, but the drive didn't spin-up.

Workaround: Open the Windows-Explorer and double-click on the DVD-Icon while the installer is prompting for DVD #2. This initialized the auto-play-routine on my Windows-10-System and the installation of X-Plane 11 continued.

Hope I could help you.

vor 16 Stunden , AstonMartinDBS sagte:

Workaround: Open the Windows-Explorer and double-click on the DVD-Icon while the installer is prompting for DVD #2. This initialized the auto-play-routine on my Windows-10-System and the installation of X-Plane 11 continued.

That's a could hint. Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive this from the dead, however I too had the issue stated above. The installation would continue fine until disk 2 needed to be inserted, my issue was that when I double clicked the DVD-Icon in windows explorer I would get the error message "D:/ application not found". To resolve this issue..

Within the "This PC tab" of windows explorer, right click on the DVD drive and select properties. Select hardware, highlight the drive and select properties again. This time select volume and click on the populate button.For me this fixed the problem, I reinserted the disk and double clicked on the DVD-Icon and the installation proceeded.

Hope this helps,

Captain_Benji

• 3 months later...

Morning gents,

New X-plane user here - I bought Xplane yesterday  boxed version and I have the same issue. 

Install waits for disk 2 to be inserted and nothing happens.
Yes the drive works otherwise Disk 1 wouldn't have started the install process, auto run is enabled and running fine and none of the hints above solved the issue

Still stuck waiting at disk2

Any idea is welcome

Olivier

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.11.2017 at 09:35, Reddog_FSX sagte:

Any idea is welcome

If DVD 1 installed correctly, you can simply copy the rest (the content of the other DVDs) manually over to your X-Plane folder; it's just the global scenery that belongs to X-Plane 11\Global Scenery\X-Plane 11 Global Scenery

• 1 month later...

I've found that (In windows 10) you have to go to 'This PC', refresh to see an empty drive, put the 2nd disc in, wait for a bit, then refresh again, and then right-click on the disc, press open, that should sort it

On 12.1.2018 at 19:40, ninjaz5736 sagte:

I've found that (In windows 10) you have to go to 'This PC', refresh to see an empty drive, put the 2nd disc in, wait for a bit, then refresh again, and then right-click on the disc, press open, that should sort it

True, in many cases this helps with the little delay after a DVD has been put in.

• 5 months later...

I found a fix for it, it is a Winblows 10 problem..

Install disk 1, when disk 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 won't boot...  open up my computer with the disk out, you will notice the label does not update with an empty drive.  Double click the DVD drive and it will complain no disk is in there, click ok and the title will go, insert next disk and close the DVD tray and it will see it and load the next disk.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I've tried all the suggestions on this thread but still I can't seem to get DVD 2 to start.  I know I've not got anything strange in my Win 10 Pro settings as I've only just finished building the PC today!  I've installed windows, updated windows and drivers, then tried to install my brand new box version.

The installer is not seeing DVD 2.

Windows does spin up the DVD and in Windows Explorer the DVD title appears (after the spin up).

I've copied the files on the DVD to my X Plane 11 folder (C:\X-Plane 11) so the DVD is readable, however the installer won't progress so I don't know what to do.

If I cancel the installer has the main application been installed?  E.g. is it all on DVD 1?   So should I cancel the install, run the application and then try the install again to install the scenery? 

Install Log (so far) attached.

Thank you for your assistance.

X-Plane Installer Log.txt

Archived