AES 1.71 Application Error (SS)

L.C.

Well when I finished installing the latest version of AES, I soon got a messege saying

"Error in CheckAddon: Object Doesn't Support This Property Or Method"

erroevw2.png

All previous version of AES work fine.

Also, when I loaded up with an AES eqquiped airport on FS9, it gave me an error. It said I had to re-install AES to the latest version. (Which I did)

I hope this explains enough of my problem.

Thanks in Advance !

p.s.

I love AES very much, thanks for the excellent work!

• Developer

Ok,

that was direct after the install?

Can you please start AESHelp again and click on the first Button "Activation of Airport". Did you get any error regaring bugs in the scenery.cfg?

If not, please uncheck all your airports, press save and go back in the list and recheck all airport and press save. If all is fine, start FS to see if the error is gone.

Okay will do. When I first ran AESHelp after the install, it said it had a problem about a duplicate Flytampa-St.Maarten. I checked the add-on scenery folder and all was fine. But i'll report back and tell you if your advice worked.

Edit: Nope, it didnt work. I did as you said, unchecked the airports, and re-did them. But I got the same error. Any other ideas? I read in another post to check my scenery.cfg

I'll check that now.

EDIT#2: Sorry for the last edit. But I check my scenery.cfg file and it turns out there was a duplicate of FT St.Maarten in there, not my add-on scenery folder. Turns out the numbers were out of order as well. Problem solved, thanks for the help!

Ok, once again. Sorry for the double post but I didnt want to make a 3rd edit.

Now I had Fly Tampa Seattle unlocked fine with AES, but then I wanted to do a flight from seattle. I saw the Gates were there, but none of the AES services were available. (i.e. ctrl+shift+w didnt work)

Heres a screenshot, I still get the Application Error but only when I try to activate Seattle

seail2.png

• Developer

Hi,

I think I found the bug in AESHelp. Can you please try to replace the AESHelp.exe in ..AerosoftAES with the attached version.

When I found the correct bug, you now will get a error, which shows you a list of Scenery Entry, where AES has found the file "ksea_main.BGL", which is the file AES will search to identify the Flytampa KSEA Scenery.

On of this entry will be the correct KSEA Scenery, but maybe the otherone is a doubleenty of the scenery in a different directory

or the BGL is used from more then only the Flytampa scenery

or it was copied somethimes to a wrong directory of a different scenery.

Please check both pathes and maybe you can deactive the wrong entry in the scenery Library of the FS or we must see, why the file is in both directories.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Developer

Hi,

you have a wrong [Area.xxx] entry in your scenery.cfg, where the ending ']' braket is missing.

Try the above your post attached AES171a Version of AESHelp.exe, this should handle and correct this error.

Hi,

I think I found the bug in AESHelp. Can you please try to replace the AESHelp.exe in ..AerosoftAES with the attached version.

When I found the correct bug, you now will get a error, which shows you a list of Scenery Entry, where AES has found the file "ksea_main.BGL", which is the file AES will search to identify the Flytampa KSEA Scenery.

On of this entry will be the correct KSEA Scenery, but maybe the otherone is a doubleenty of the scenery in a different directory

or the BGL is used from more then only the Flytampa scenery

or it was copied somethimes to a wrong directory of a different scenery.

Please check both pathes and maybe you can deactive the wrong entry in the scenery Library of the FS or we must see, why the file is in both directories.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Thanks, that was exactly the trick ! I ran a search on KSEA_main.bgl it found two in the Flytampa Seattle Scenery folder (although I only saw one) I delted one of them, activated Seattle and it works perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

• Developer

But,sorry when I ask: How could you have two files with the same name in the same directory? Or did you have to different directories of the same Scenery? But in the second case, when they both was Active in the scenery Library, you can be happy, that it works so far.

Have fun,

Oliver Pabst

I'am not too sure exactly how. But when I ran the search, I searched for "ksea_main.bgl" and two matches came up. Both of which were in there Flytampa Seattle/ Scenery folder

I'm not exactly sure how that happened either, but there is only directory. I deleted that file, and it just seemed to work.