Repaint glossy and bright

Hello,

I have recently downloaded and installed a third-party Austrian Airlines repaint from Avsim (https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=texture.austrian_airlines_oe-lbb.zip&Author=&CatID=) for the A321. Unfortunately the paint is very bright and glossy in my FSX, going so far that I would say it is unflyable. I do not have any mods like SweetFX installed, nor are the Alpha-Channels corrupted. At this point I'm not sure if it is a problem with the repaint or with some setting in my FSX and maybe someone on this forum also has the repaint installed and can quickly check what it looks like in his sim.

Please login to display this image.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Sebastian

PS: I have just checked my default repaints, and I'm not sure if they are too bright as well...could someone maybe take a screenshot of the Monarch A321 that comes with the busses from about the same viewing point?

I am standing in LOWW with the default Fair Weather theme at noon in summer.

Servus,

did you maybe apply any tweaks to your FS lighting engine/shaders?

I've seen a similar issue with the PMDG 747 when using P3D Tweaking Assistant to change the VC brightness only (not the exteriour brightness).

Note the landing gear in this shot:

Archived