Show your desk!

• Aerosoft

We simmers tend to lead a hidden life, we might chat and fly together online but we don't come round for beers often as we are so spread around the world. So why not make things a little bit less impersonal by sharing our 'flight deck' here. So I invite you to post a photograph of the place where you read this and where you take to the virtual skies/road/track. Please spend a minute to say something about it as well.

Here is mine:

Please login to display this image.

As you can see I am blessed with a great home office. Outside is Betty the Tractor (she is as old as I am but in better shape) inside my desk is slightly less messy than usual. Normally you will find carburettors and graphics cards on it. The glass of wine indicates the image was taken after 17:00.

You will also see it is not a real flightsim desktop, I do not have a lot of control hardware, but then again, it is mainly a place to work and not play.  Oh yeah that's not one of our sims but Elite Dangerous, another one of my passions.

Now show me yours, we'll will make one free download available each week to the uploader whose desktop is most impressive.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is my current setup for the moment. The TV is an 43" Sony Bravia 4K which should be standard equipment for every simmer. ;) 

At the moment the CRJ and A330 beta get most of my attention. There is also an EHAM runway centerlight in the right corner to remind me of my first international airport landing and my next RW ride also has a place reserved. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not much hardware around, even no pedals; one real aircraft part is the watch in the middle, which I took from an old P149D many, many years ago

An older photo taken 2016... Some Hardware on the table while preparing my VFR departure out of Stuttgart online on VATSIM:

The Saitek Yoke with Throttle Quadrant, my MadCatz Gaming Mouse, the Saitek pedals and behind the Throttle you can see my Joystick for the Airbus. And not to forget the headset on my laptop ; ) ! 

The iPad is used for checking METAR and who's online.

However, together with all this hightech I still use the good old VFR Charts (infront of the tablet) and my custom Cessna Skylane checklist... By the way, on the right side you can spot a little paper, which I use for writing down clearances for example.

Cheers 

Lotus3xiG3

PS: On the right side you can see the Eurowings A330 landing on my desk... Looking very forward to it!

Hey flight simmers, just had a look at some of the amazing flight sim setups they are beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration. Recently I built a new Flight sim rig, after 17 years of planning and looking through magazines, watching YouTube and looking online, as we all do.  My old computer finally died! Which gave me new hope, role on three weeks later, part and boxes everywhere and a wife ready to devorce me lol my hard graft and loads of updates paid off. I finally have it all setup. The elation from my first flight has me so hooked again that I spend every waking moment planning my next flight. I try to use my simulator to practice simulating a real flight scenario so one day I can take that next step we all dream about "our PPL" hope you like my setup. 

My specs are: core i7 3.4ghz, asus pro z170 motherboard, 16 gig of vengence ram, gtx 1070 8gig graphics card and a three screen setup spanning 96". I have an Oculus rift but have had major issues trying to get it to work on win 10 pro. So for now I'm benching it. Fly safe see you in sky. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What's that black thing right of the stormtrooper?

His boss, Darth Vader ;)

The aircraft flight deck on the 55" is zoomed out for the photo, I don't fly with it like that.

The three 23" monitors and tablet are used for running test software (during product testing) and the EFB, stream software, VATSPY, charts, web browser, etc.  I'll be building a longer and wider desk in the near future. The desk was originally built to accomodate the three 23" monitors on the monitor stand, but after I added the 55" 4K I had to move the monitors off the monitor stand.  All Saitek flight gear... Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Trim Wheel, Dual Throttle Quadrants, Radio Panel, Switch Panel and Multi Panel. Lest we forget the all important filing cabinet serving as a monitor stand!

Quite a terrific aircraft depicted as well!

Most important addition... the can of Coke-a-Cola in a Yeti can cooler - a must for enjoyable flights (yeah, I'm a Coke Addict).

Far from the best rig, but it works!

This is my setup, it's pretty simple. I like a clean desk ;)

I have a 43" Philips 4K monitor for P3D and other games as well. This is also coupled by a 27" HD monitor which is just off to the right.

I use a Corsair K70 keyboard with a Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse. 

For my flight sim gear, I've got the Logitech Extreme and I use that with the x52 lever. I've also got some other typical desk stuff like a pen pot and a rack to put my paper on.

I've also got LED's which make it look that little bit smarter :)

19 hours ago, Chazypax said:

This is my setup, it's pretty simple. I like a clean desk ;)

I have a 43" Philips 4K monitor for P3D and other games as well. This is also coupled by a 27" HD monitor which is just off to the right.

I use a Corsair K70 keyboard with a Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse. 

For my flight sim gear, I've got the Logitech Extreme and I use that with the x52 lever. I've also got some other typical desk stuff like a pen pot and a rack to put my paper on.

I've also got LED's which make it look that little bit smarter :)

Nice setup! Where did you found that background?

15 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It took me two days to clean up enough to be able to take this photo....

Haha but now it's a nice clean setup.Sweet!!

On 30/3/2017 at 10:12 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We simmers tend to lead a hidden life, we might chat and fly together online but we don't come round for beers often as we are so spread around the world. So why not make things a little bit less impersonal by sharing our 'flight deck' here. So I invite you to post a photograph of the place where you read this and where you take to the virtual skies/road/track. Please spend a minute to say something about it as well.

Here is mine:

As you can see I am blessed with a great home office. Outside is Betty the Tractor (she is as old as I am but in better shape) inside my desk is slightly less messy than usual. Normally you will find carburettors and graphics cards on it. The glass of wine indicates the image was taken after 17:00.

You will also see it is not a real flightsim desktop, I do not have a lot of control hardware, but then again, it is mainly a place to work and not play.  Oh yeah that's not one of our sims but Elite Dangerous, another one of my passions.

Now show me yours, we'll will make one free download available each week to the uploader whose desktop is most impressive.

Beautiful desk, Mathijs. What keyboard are you using?

On 31/03/2017 at 3:53 PM, Zuidjed said:

Nice setup! Where did you found that background?

I can get hold of it if you want it, I can't quite remember of the top of my head but I'll find it for you if you like :)

This is not my common setup, its just "temporary". I'm currently studying in a University and this is my setup at my dormitory! In the future I will show my normal setup at home that is a little better than this lol. (As you guys can see it's a complete mess, but hey it's college life!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, here is my desk:

My computer is under the table (not on the picture :blink:), I use a BENQ monitor (24") and a Logitech mouse+keyboard. On my left hand is the thrustmaster 16000M, a very cool joystick in my opinion.

Also you can see my laptop on the left and my tablet on the right for charts and some other informations.

In front of me is the headset and a book about milk (the autopilot do a good job). You find the sheep on the right? Amazing, right? :D A present for a friend, today is his birthday.

PS: Who can find the Windows logo on the wall? I painted it years ago, a long time before Windows 10 was published :D

Archived