Madeira runway problems

Higgy

Hello ,

i cannot answer someone Close the thread :(:( , so i make a new one

you write : @masterhawk   Hi, you should try to start with this troubleshooting post

I did number 4 , you can see in my first Picture

4)  In case if you have ORBIX installed too:

Two airports should be disabled in the configuration tool. 

This will disable some BGLs:

***FOR LPMA***

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPMA.BGL and ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and APT_LPMA.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPMA.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

***FOR LPPS***

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPPS.BGL and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl and APT_LPPS.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPPS.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

What we observed running FTX configurator doesn't solve the problem as two files
ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl remain unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove
it manually every time you use FTX configurator (!).

But the error is not gone

• Developer

Hello,

In FSX ground polygons are displayed through SODE, so this is the case. Could you please check point 7? 

7) If runway lights are not present/ground polygons missing

Please run the scenery, check Madeira at night for the lights, close the sim. Then post as attachment SODE log from: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log.

In the meantime I recommend checking these directories for files:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects for MKSTUDIOS_MADEIRA folder

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml for MKSTUDIOS_MADEIRA .xml

If present

Download last sode 1.4.2 from http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9 

Run the file and use repair option. At the end Sode Platform manager will run. Unregister and deactivate SODE then Register and activate it again. Finish installation and check the SIM again.

Thanks, i try this, now it Looks better, but crashes ( where no objects are ) mostly in end and beginnung of runway, between this i can taxi ...

when i taxi to end or beginning :

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hi,

Crash detection should be turned off in Madeira because of some non visible objects placed in the scenery. This is caused by many workarounds that we had to do to make this scenery work correctly (pillars runway and specific terrain).

:( really ? can i do it automatically ( i a scenery file or cfg for Madeira ?) ,

or everytime i want to start or land in Madeira turn off in FSX by Hand ? ? :huh:

• Aerosoft

Just leave crash detection off for all scenery. Almost all scenery these days do not support it anyway (no crash detection boxes around objects). It will save you memory and framerates and a lot of small  nasty issues on dozens of locations.

But ist not really original , when i can taxi throught trees, buildings, tower, and everything ... :( not nice.

And i think also Crash detection when other aircrafts are there is also deactivated ? :( Also not nice

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am flying for years without crash detection. If you taxi into a tree or into another aircraft you know it anyway. You don't need the simulator to tell you that you messed up.

This doesn't take away any immersion because there isn't any in it in the first place. If your plane would burst into flames or would get some detailed visible damage from a crash, then one could talk about immersion. But just ending your flight with an error message is so far away from immersion as it could ever be.

The reasons have been given why for Madeira it is necessary to switch the crash detection off (post #4). Mathijs also explained why it makes a lot of sense to switch it off not only because of Madeira but also memory and FPS wise (post #6).

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Higgy said:

But ist not really original , when i can taxi throught trees, buildings, tower, and everything ... :( not nice.

And i think also Crash detection when other aircrafts are there is also deactivated ? :( Also not nice

But as said, many scenery developers simply don't add crash boxes around their objects so even with crash detect on you can drive through them.

If you feel that having it on is worth the FPS drop, VAS increase and the occasional bug, keep it on. Personally I just avoid driving through trees.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎28‎일 at 2:34 AM, MK-Studios said:

Hi,

Crash detection should be turned off in Madeira because of some non visible objects placed in the scenery. This is caused by many workarounds that we had to do to make this scenery work correctly (pillars runway and specific terrain).

In my case , 1.02 version has no crash object at the end of runway 5

but after 1.03 has been installed,  the crash happend

But even when crash detection is turned off you still get the crash effects (drak dust and fire/sparkles).
We had this effect in v1.00 and it was gone definitivly with v1.02 (mabe even with v1.01).
Now we have the effect back again....

Hope for a sollution

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think the developer follows this topic. So we have just to wait. A Version 1.04 was already announced before the 1.03 release.

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , christian1974 sagte:

But even when crash detection is turned off you still get the crash effects (drak dust and fire/sparkles).
We had this effect in v1.00 and it was gone definitivly with v1.02 (mabe even with v1.01).
Now we have the effect back again....

Hope for a sollution

Are that only effects you see, or is the flight stopped and rested?

Can you please make a screen shot of you Aircraft -> Realism setting and a spot screen shot of the position where it happens.

Then I can check the situation for V1.04, where already same points changed.

And don't forget to say, which sim you use, FSX and P3D are different in many cases, many are maybe unknow yet.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 13 Minuten, OPabst sagte:

Are that only effects you see, or is the flight stopped and rested?

Can you please make a screen shot of you Aircraft -> Realism setting and a spot screen shot of the position where it happens.

Then I can check the situation for V1.04, where already same points changed.

And don't forget to say, which sim you use, FSX and P3D are different in many cases, many are maybe unknow yet.

Hi Oliver,

I think it's the same like in this post. As far as I know Christian is using FSX.

• Developer
vor 22 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Hi Oliver,

I think it's the same like in this post. As far as I know Christian is using FSX.

Thanks, but this is not the "typic" crash detection issue, as then the flight ended.

The video is P3D, never seen such an issue in FSX, so we need the confirm, which FS it is here.

The issue with black polys below the runway I see in FSX too with 1.03, is fixed for FSX, will check it with P3D too.

The mesh related issues not in my focus, but will have a look into it, maybe the mesh settings are important here, to fine is not always the best.

Hi Oliver / Masterhawk

I am running FSX (SP2).

My crash detection is set to off. So the flight does not end - but as said the effect appears. Seems it is somewhere above the lead in lights from RWY23.

It is the same effect appearing as shown in Raymond66 video from v1.03 (0:50 - 1:10).

Raymond66 is running FSX-SE as far as I know. So it seems to be an FSX issue.

We had this effect problem on the v1.00 too. Think it was fixed in v1.01 but now with v1.03 it is there again.

Maybe I am able to give you screenshots this evening.

Hi Oliver / Masterhawk,

I confirm I have FSX SE, with crash detection set to OFF (because we have to), so the flight will not end, but aircraft do hit several hidden things in different places, hence the crash effects in different places. Not good to do videos showing these weird effects.

If you watch my whole video in my post above (that I made in order to help...) you will see the different places. I did that video to help, it's better than long explanations.

This problem was gone in v1.02, so I uninstalled v 1.03, and put back v 1.02 for the time being.

I hope this will be solved soon, and not come back. :)

10 hours ago, OPabst said:

The video is P3D,

The mesh related issues not in my focus, but will have a look into it, maybe the mesh settings are important here, to fine is not always the best.

No, my video is in FSX SE only.

I have the mesh set to 1 m as advised.

Hi Oliver

as aked my reality setting. The points the effect appears are better visible in Raymond66s video.

Side-question - As you seem to be on-board now may we expect even AES-lite sometimes????

• Developer

Can you please make a test by renameing the birds.bgl to birds.off in the scenery folder of madeira, if this has any effect to the "crash effect" you see.

19 hours ago, OPabst said:

Can you please make a test by renameing the birds.bgl to birds.off in the scenery folder of madeira, if this has any effect to the "crash effect" you see.

Hi Oliver,

I reinstalled v 1.03 to investigate:

With birds.off the "crash effect" sadly remains.

• Developer
vor 23 Stunden , Raymond66 sagte:

Hi Oliver,

I reinstalled v 1.03 to investigate:

With birds.off the "crash effect" sadly remains.

Thanks,

but I know now, where the effect is generated from, is the plattfrom attached to the hillpolys. Seams to be a special issue/bug in the compiler process, had the same issue with the simple flatt poly building the ground of the apron and runway.

As this object contains nearly the most of the airport, there is no file you can disable as workaround. 

With V1.04 it will be fixed, but not all finished yet and can't give date yet.

3 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Thanks,

but I know know, where the effect is generated from, is the plattfrom attached to the hillpolys. Seams to be a special issue/bug in the compiler process, had the same issue with the simple flatt ploy building the ground of the apron and runway.

As this object contains nearly the most of the airport, there is no file you can disable as workaround. 

With V1.04 it will be fix, but not all finished yet and can't give date yet.

Thank you for the info.

As long as it's fixed in v 1.04 it is fine. In the meantime I go back again to v 1.02.

Hi Oliver.

I'm sorry I was not able to test as there is also a real life beside FSX.

But what I can say that is has not been the birds.bgl the last time.

For the  v1.00 we got a hotfix for this lpma_apttfc.bgl - or how it is called. After that the problem was gone.

But I also tested it with the old hotfix file and the problem remains.

Archived