Improvements for Route Planner

Hi all,

Just wanted to let PFPX build a standard route from LEMD (Madrid) to GCXO (Tenerife Norte).

Here is what I got from the High Altitude Route Generator:

CCS1L CCS B60 PORTA DCT SOTEX UN873 SAMAR SAMA1L

This route does NOT pass Validation on FL370:

PROF 205   RS: TRAFFIC VIA CCS IF OFF MANDATORY ROUTE REF:[LP2017B] ELVAR

PROF 195   SOTEX UN873 BAROK DOES NOT EXIST IN FL RANGE F245..F999

PROF 195   CCS B60 PORTA DOES NOT EXIST IN FL RANGE F245..F999

I therefore asked RouteFinder and this is what I got there:

VTB UN10 HIJ UN857 TERTO

This one passes validation.

Fiddling around with DCT Routes I created this route personally:

CCS1L CCS DCT ELVAR DCT SOTEX DCT BAROK UN873 SAMAR SAMA1L

This one also passes validation!

I ask myself now: Why does PFPX not find such an easy route? What am I doing wrong or what is the program doing wrong?

Would also be nice if PFPX could generate and display different routes to choose from - visible on the map or chooseable via a drop down menu or so.

I really appreciate that program - the best on the market, but finding the best route is often difficult.

Best regards,

Ron

Hello Ron,

You asked PFPX to find a route using Upper Airways, that it did but these are restricted to FL245 in Portugal airspace which is FRA.

Using one of the Optimize options or the advanced route finder results in a valid route on first pass at FL370:

VTB1T VTB UN10 HIJ UM30 OXACA UN858 OSLEP UN747 MINTA DCT BAROK UN873 SAMAR SAMA1L

• 2 weeks later...

You could try the Find/Optimize Route options and if not satisfactory then the advanced planner.

My personal preference is just to use the advanced planner, from there I can validate and adjust if necessary.

Hi all,

with every new AIRAC cycle there is new frustration.

Trying to build a simple route from EDDM to EDDF. Every day routine.

Now PFPX gives me these options in Lower Airspace and in Advanced:

GIVM5Q GIVMI Y101 ERMEL UQ162 PSA PSA25S

No validation!

ERROR: ED3158A / ED2262a

Now: Why does PFPX not check for the route validation and if it does not pass then

automatically look for a valid route? It could take a moment but I would not mind waiting.

It is so tiring looking for routes only to find they do not pass validation.

Having an "AUTO VALIDATE" option would really be of big help!

Regards

Ron

Hello Ron,

The PFPX RAD filter is not updated on a per AIRAC cycle, neither does it filter or implement the complete RAD requirements, It is an aid to help you plan routes, the RAD filter can in some instances be updated by yourself, have you tried adding those entries?

I don't think it can be expected that a €50 program will achieve the function of the commercial alternatives priced in hundreds of euros per year,

Hi Stephen,

That's a very good point. The program has so many nice features and is so well designed that one easily forgets that it is not a commercial one.

We get much value for money. I managed to find valid routes for the destinations I want to fly to, took some time, but it's fine. 

Thanks

Ron

Archived