Keystrokes for Weapons

bonesvf103

Are there any keystrokes to select AIM-9, AIM-7, AIM-54, and gun?  I'd like to program that into my HOTAS but I didn't see anything in the manual saying there were keystrokes for it.  I don't like having to shift-3 to select or using the virtual joystick.

v6,

boNes

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC then you can assign key strokes and other commands to your joystick.  I use one of the four way hats on my joystick to cycle through the weapon selection.

I have a HOTAS from Saitek, the X-55 Rhino.  But there has to be an actual keystroke already in place if I'm to map it to the HOTAS.  So, is there already a keystoke?  For instance, shift-q toggles the tailhook, so I can map that to a button.  IS there a keystroke for selecting missiles, guns, etc like there is for the tailhook?

v6,

boNes

Bones,

In the documentation Vol. 3 Cockpit and Controls there is a list at the end of the document. It contains LUA functions that can be assigned through a registered version of FSUIPC.  You are looking for weapon select increase, parameter 50 and weapon select decrease, parameter 51.   It's similar to assigning a keystroke in FSUIPC, in fact it's on the same page as where you would assign keystrokes, just on the right side.  

Please login to display this image.

You want to assign 50 where the 3 is in the picture above.

No control to be sent when the button is released.

Repeat for the button to assign for parameter 51, again, no control to be sent when the button is released.  Just leave that area blank.

Archived