LIDO charts here to stay?

max2770

With the announcement today by Navigraph that they will switch back to Jeppesen charts and drop LIDO support, I am considering switching my navdata and charts supplier to Aerosoft.  I know in your case Lufthansa Systems provides both the data and the charts; I wanted to know if this is here to stay.  If you plan on providing LIDO in the future, I will definitely consider you as my new yearly-subscribed provider.

Thanks for the info!

As far as I know we have no plans to change our provider. We have been working with LIDO for years already, even before we released our chartproduct.

To be 100% sure I will ask the projectmanager and will report back though.

vor 2 Stunden , max2770 sagte:

With the announcement today by Navigraph that they will switch back to Jeppesen charts and drop LIDO support, I am considering switching my navdata and charts supplier to Aerosoft.  I know in your case Lufthansa Systems provides both the data and the charts; I wanted to know if this is here to stay.  If you plan on providing LIDO in the future, I will definitely consider you as my new yearly-subscribed provider.

Thanks for the info!

Why do you (or anyone) consider the LIDO charts being superior over the Jeppesen charts? I am just curious and have not decided for either LIDO or Jeppesen...

Thank your for any insights...

5 hours ago, Broadway said:

Why do you (or anyone) consider the LIDO charts being superior over the Jeppesen charts? I am just curious and have not decided for either LIDO or Jeppesen...

copied over from competitor forum (my text)

But Jepps still miss many things. Like I have no idea if AOC equivalent will be present in the data, but I hope so. Still, Jeppessen has no AFC euquivalent for example... which is quite crucial for me to get overview of the situation around the airport. (While I'm at it... I hope their category marks got better as well. Like LIDO marks SIDs RWY 01 and SIDs RWY 19. Jepps only have SID 10-3, 10-3A, 10-3B as far as I can see)
And while your LIDO ground movement charts aren't carrier specific, but at least they have some taxiway color codes.
And LIDOs labels are color coded which is helpful especially in print form, but not only.

I could continue on. 

I think if Navigraph is 100% Jeppesen and Aerosoft is 100% Lufthansa Systems/LIDO, it's a fantastic deal for simmers.  You can choose your preferred coverage and chart format, and pay around the same price.  The whole community wins.  I prefer LH/LIDO so I'll most definitely subscribe to Aerosoft in 82 days if it turns out they stay with them, but I'm aware of a lot of people pleased that Navigraph is going back to Jepp.  Win-win!  I hope both will get the number of subscribers they need to thrive.

As I mainly for European airlines, e.g. from the Lufthansa group, which uses LIDO, I will consider to switch from Navigraph to NavDataPro after the subscription.

Has the iPad App from NavDataPro the same features as Navigraph?

16 hours ago, Broadway said:

Thank your for any insights...

Personally I think LIDO better structured, it is easier to find things you are looking for and they are basically easier to read. More obvious than Jeppessen.
LIDO did a very good job constructing their charts, in fact it was one of their main focusses when they designed their charts.

Using Jeppessen in flight school and LIDO in flight simming I definately prefer the LIDO set.

At this moment we do not have plans to change our chart provider. We will stay with LIDO for the foreseeable future.

5 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

At this moment we do not have plans to change our chart provider. We will stay with LIDO for the foreseeable future.

Thank you Emanuel for verifying it for me.  You will definitely gain a new customer in 81 days. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Same to me, I prefer LIDO Charts and plan to buy a subscription for NAVDATAPRO. I´ll test the new Jeppessen Chartssystem by Navigraph and finally decside later. Let`s see the competition.

Lothar

My navigraph chart sub is finished in a few weeks, I much prefer LIDO over Jeppesen so I will be changing over to aerosoft, plus I have always used navdatapro as navdata so happy days :)

• 1 month later...

I also prefer LIDO charts over Jeppesen, but I'm not going to ditch Navigraph before I see the 'final' version of their new Charts Cloud / Desktop / Mobile apps.

I've tried the new Cloud version with Jeppesen charts and the moving map/charts seems promising to me. Whenever I fly from a new airport it can take me a while to orientate myself on the ground. Now with moving charts it's super easy to spot where my aircraft is on the ground and figure out taxi routes etc.

I means, the finally version is not very different from the beta version.

You have the beta version?

I fly normally with two monitors in fullscreen (outsourcing panels). With chart cloud and moving map i must the second monitor use separately, so no full screen and no outsourcing panels.

As a separate program on a laptop beside my seat, i find the chart cloud very helpful and in very few aircraft, there is a moving map present, only the charts.

• 3 weeks later...

I´ll also switch to NavDataPro. LIDO forever. Especially good for me as  a frequent lufthansa pilot. Jeppersen charts in a LH cokpit wouldn´t make that much sense.

• 3 months later...

Archived