How to repaint F-14X?

AIXtreme2K

Hi,

I was just wondering how to repaint the F-14X models. I downloaded the paintkit, but I would like to know how exactly to save the new files. Which file format do I need and how to implement the whole plane / new livery into the game?

I noticed, that the files of the default F-14s are .dds format. The templates in the paintkit folder are standard psp format.

Is there a manual or tutorial on the net how to do this?

Thank you!

I use PS CS6 btw.

Can you share me the links? With the F-14X I have a high VAS usage (400MB free when aproaching the CV), so I would try to reduce textures size and see what happens.

Thanks.

Thanks for the link, I will try in that way!

If the method above doesn't work: I did a search with "fsx resize textures dds dxtbmp alpha" and found some instructions on how to resize using Photoshop and Nvidia DDS Plugin... Things are getting "complicated"!:wacko:

Cheers.

Yes, it works!

I've used DXTBmp and PSP9 for resize "common" and "texture.VF-114.1977"  textures at 1024x1024 max. External view loaded istantaneously, before it took 2~3 seconds to load the 16MB textures, the overall quality was enough for screenshots. VC textures were a mess as the labels were unreadable, so I kept the original ones. The VAS decreased 200MB circa, enought for long flights... I hope!

Archived