AES Menu empty after landing at UK2000 Manchester XTreme v2

I'm using AES v2.45 and flew Concorde from Orlando to Manchester yesterday. I also have credits for Orlando and the AES commands worked fine there. I have UK2000 Manchester XTreme v2 and bought the credits to get full AES functionality.

After landing on 23R at Manchester I exited the runway and started taxiing back to the terminal on taxiway Alpha. I pressed CTRL+Shift+W to display the AES menu. It appeared briefly (less than 1 second) before closing. In that time the only info I saw was the version in the title bar plus the airport name and the word FULL. This indicates full control of AES.

As I continued taxiing towards Gate 45 I pressed CTRL+Shift+W around 6 times and each time the menu window showed no options. Just the version etc. in the title bar.

I parked at Gate 45 and then shut down the engines. Pressing CTRL+Shift+W did then display the AES menu but clearly too late for the follow-me.

I've had this happen several times over the years at different complax airports and cannot understand why AES doesn't show the commands. Can you help please?

• Developer

You have FSX with SP2, not the Acc-Pack version, where the window is not full expand and only the headline is visable until you move the lower border down with the mouse?

I could not reproduce this issue and never had it on my flights.

Did it happen with every Aircraft or only with the special types?

And, did you maybe use the "Replay" Modues after landing, see here:

Thank you Oliver. Yes, it is a special type - FS Labs Concorde-X. And yes, I do have SP2, not Accel.

But you've provided the answer. I did replay my landing so that's the reason. I never connected that with the lack of menu options.

Is this a problem that can't be fixed? Hard to understand why replaying a landing would mess up AES.

• Developer

No, no solution available, as the Sim will go in a "unknown" State while the replay and will not go back to the normal as before. As I have no infos in the sim about this replay state, I don't see a chance to react here.

But, that is the situation for more then 10 years know, so nothing new. Seams to be that not very much people will "stop" there landing to see a "video" between, before they taxi to the gate.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived