Madeira Mesh Mega Topic

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not see such a problem:

Please login to display this image.

I think this is a leftover from another scenery, e.g. a trffic addon. Have you also checked this post regarding the deactivation of files?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mopperle said:

I do not see such a problem:

I think this is a leftover from another scenery, e.g. a trffic addon. Have you also checked this post regarding the deactivation of files?

I don't have ORBX, REX, FTX, none of those addon but UTLive. I never installed any free or payware old Madeira in P3Dv4.5

Uninstalled the Madeira 1.05a and reinstalled again, the Taxi guide is in the runway 36. Tried all fixes and still. So, what else can be I try on it?

I hope a new update becomes available soon. I downloaded Madeira just a few days ago and is version 1.05a.

I think I should purchase AES Madeira Professional but can't find it....

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I think I should purchase AES Madeira Professional but can't find it....

There is no Madeira professional.

What you can do:

search for any bgl file outside your PortoSanto installation folder that contains LPPS in its name. The search string should be *lpps*.bgl

If there is such a file, post the result here.

17 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

....but UTLive.

So did you read and act according to what is written regarding Traffic Addons in the post I linked

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

There is no Madeira professional.

What you can do:

search for any bgl file outside your PortoSanto installation folder that contains LPPS in its name. The search string should be *lpps*.bgl

If there is such a file, post the result here.

So did you read and act according to what is written regarding Traffic Addons in the post I linked

I will proceed with searching string and to report it.

From the posted Traffic Addon solutions I don't have scenery for UTLive I guess... I am in the office and later will double check.

Thanks for helping me on this.

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I don't have scenery for UTLive

Yes but traffic addons install files to handle the AI at each airport, and I'm sure that UTLive installed something for LPPS.

vor 2 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Yes but traffic addons install files to handle the AI at each airport, and I'm sure that UTLive installed something for LPPS.

I only use the predecessor UT2 and it definitly NOT installs anything scenery like - UT ist "just" an engine to inject AI traffic via simconnect using the AFCAD information present for the airport (default or addon)

Did you check this (once more):

In FSX/P3D main/scenery/0502/scenery check if you have those files disabled/removed

APX43200.bgl

CVX4320.bgl

It seems that the scenery 0502 has received some update as there are several files ending ".bgl.p3dini" and the new once have a creations date in midst of 2018 (iso 2017).

5 hours ago, mopperle said:

I don't think UTLive leaves Taxi guides on runway but just AI in motion …..

1 hour ago, BTenhaaf said:

Did you check this (once more):

In FSX/P3D main/scenery/0502/scenery check if you have those files disabled/removed

APX43200.bgl

CVX4320.bgl

It seems that the scenery 0502 has received some update as there are several files ending ".bgl.p3dini" and the new once have a creations date in midst of 2018 (iso 2017).

I renamed those files to off earlier due to elevations. After reinstalled Madeira to isolate the Taxi guide issue I didn't notice the installer placed the APX43200.bgl file leaving such Taxi guide on runway 36. I renamed back that APX file to off and now is resolved. But still the elevation as per screenshot. Again, I don't have ORBX, REX, FTX, etc ….

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, trisho0 said:

But still the elevation as per screenshot.

You already got an answer on this on Monday in your first post.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I renamed those files to off earlier due to elevations. After reinstalled Madeira to isolate the Taxi guide issue I didn't notice the installer placed the APX43200.bgl file leaving such Taxi guide on runway 36. I renamed back that APX file to off and now is resolved. But still the elevation as per screenshot. Again, I don't have ORBX, REX, FTX, etc ….

I’m currently not at my PC but I think I splitted the highres Mesh into two parts an  left the original in place. So you have just to deactivate the two highres files. Something with mesh and north/south or east/west in the filename.

5 hours ago, mopperle said:

You already got an answer on this on Monday in your first post.

I know that but it didn't sort out ...thanks for your help

4 hours ago, masterhawk said:

I’m currently not at my PC but I think I splitted the highres Mesh into two parts an  left the original in place. So you have just to deactivate the two highres files. Something with mesh and north/south or east/west in the filename.

I am at workplace so later at home will check about filenames, good point. Will be an Installer updating the version 1.05a on the future taking care of all fixes at once and more? Or, a new Madeira X Evolution version and also the Professional version for P3Dv4?

AES Madeira is amazing scenery definitely, incredible!

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I am at workplace so later at home will check about filenames, good point. Will be an Installer updating the version 1.05a on the future taking care of all fixes at once and more? Or, a new Madeira X Evolution version and also the Professional version for P3Dv4?

AES Madeira is amazing scenery definitely, incredible!

I don’t know if there will be a other Madeira Version a official patch.

A lot was done by myself and the other mentioned people. The original dev is another one.

6 hours ago, masterhawk said:

I don’t know if there will be a other Madeira Version a official patch.

A lot was done by myself and the other mentioned people. The original dev is another one.

OK, renamed to off both files, Elevation_Data_PortoSanto east.bgl and the Elevation_Data_PortoSanto west.bgl and magically resolved the Mesh issue. I don't have North and South I guess because is only water (lol).

Now, I wait for the Madeira Professional ………. (some day)

Many thanks for all that gave me a so great support and help.

Madeira and Port Santo looks so nice.

I found from FSX it had exactly the same issue and resolved following the same procedure.

• 8 months later...

hello

i know its an old topic, but does anyone here tried the new PILOTS mesh? the new one launched to be compatible with p3dv5?
I would like to know if with this new merge we are going to, still, need the fixes explained in this forum thread?

thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 hours ago, jotaedo said:

hello

i know its an old topic, but does anyone here tried the new PILOTS mesh? the new one launched to be compatible with p3dv5?
I would like to know if with this new merge we are going to, still, need the fixes explained in this forum thread?

thanks

Haven’t tried, but yes. You still have to deactivate the mesh file.

Reason is, that the addon brings a custom hand edited mesh. Any other high res mesh will then be incompatible.

And I don’t think the new Pilots mesh offers suddenly overall better data than the former version. The sources are still the same.

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I found the Madeira LPMA airport with elevations issues in P3dv4.5 How to fix it?

Have you checked post #2 of this topic?

And please check if there are any other AFCAD from any other program (e.g. traffic tool), that are not listet in post #2.

I only have one LPMA Afcad in the system according to SimpleAirportScanner.
Applied the Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip and the elevation still no changes.
I did the test in both sim FSX and P3Dv4.5 and the problem is exactly the same.
Can be seen below,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10qZYh9ixqCYY6Ogl4DY-0lYfkezOLYJN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V_FJ1NS0_C0-cvhtTTqP6EZH74lARX8x/view?usp=sharing

Also, I have to mention LPPS elevation fixed in my system by renaming to "off" the following files:

Elevation_Data_PortoSanto east.bgl
Elevation_Data_PortoSanto west.bgl

So, any ideas to resolve Madeira LPMA elevations for FSX and P3Dv4.5?

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I only have one LPMA Afcad in the system according to SimpleAirportScanner.
Applied the Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip and the elevation still no changes.
I did the test in both sim FSX and P3Dv4.5 and the problem is exactly the same.
Can be seen below,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10qZYh9ixqCYY6Ogl4DY-0lYfkezOLYJN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V_FJ1NS0_C0-cvhtTTqP6EZH74lARX8x/view?usp=sharing

Also, I have to mention LPPS elevation fixed in my system by renaming to "off" the following files:

Elevation_Data_PortoSanto east.bgl
Elevation_Data_PortoSanto west.bgl

Any ideas to resolve LPMA elevations for FSX and P3Dv4.5?

Still same question. Have you checked the files mentioned  in post #2?

I checked the post #2 from this thread and all I found usable for my sims was Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip  I don't have ORBX or similar items so the rest of files for fixing doesn't apply.

The following step I had done since the beginning long time ago. I checked that and those files are off.

In FSX/P3D main/scenery/0502/scenery check if you have those files disabled/removed

APX43200.bgl

CVX4320.bgl

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I checked the post #2 from this thread and all I found usable for my sims was Fixes for Madeira 1-05a.zip  I don't have ORBX or similar items so the rest of files for fixing doesn't apply.

The following step I had done since the beginning long time ago. I checked that and those files are off.

In FSX/P3D main/scenery/0502/scenery check if you have those files disabled/removed

APX43200.bgl

CVX4320.bgl

Do you have any other region/vector addon or leftover scenery from anything else from any other developer?

Please, can you post a screenshot of your library?

If you checked one by one #2, have ruled out any other addon I really have no further idea. Only start from scratch.
I have it running without problems in v4 and v5.

The incompatibilities are all listed in #2.

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Do you have any other region/vector addon or leftover scenery from anything else from any other developer?

Please, can you post a screenshot of your library?

If you checked one by one #2, have ruled out any other addon I really have no further idea. Only start from scratch.
I have it running without problems in v4 and v5.

The incompatibilities are all listed in #2.

A screenshot of Library would be over than 10 images but attached the scenery.cfg listed all sceneries. The issue FSX and P3Dv4.5 showing exactly the same problem is from panning the view moving the mouse at certain angle shown in the previous clips. This doesn't happen with LPPS and all sceneries I have are OK.

Scenery.CFG

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

the same problem is from panning the view moving the mouse at certain angle shown

So every thhing else is OK? Then it is a problem to the viewpoint combined with some limitations in the engine and the fact that Madeira is extremly complex to modell.

If so, everything works as intended.

Archived