Madeira Mesh Mega Topic

9 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

Is it possible to have simmarket put back online v 1.04 since they only have the v1.05 available. thanks

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, makoy said:

Is it possible to have simmarket put back online v 1.04 since they only have the v1.05 available. thanks

+1 Can´t use 1.05 because the issue detected. Bought at simmarket reseller too.

6 hours ago, FlavioSSA said:

+1 Can´t use 1.05 because the issue detected. Bought at simmarket reseller too.

Same here :) 

I am relieved I am not the only one having this issue, I thought I was going crazy, or my FSX install was somehow corrupted. 

I have filed a ticket with Aerosofts Support Desk and after a few texts back and forth I was told today that they will make 1.04 available again in the Shop soon until 1.05 is debugged. Instant Downloads still refers to version 1.05. Lets hope the best.

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

The updated installer for 1.05 will be for ALL sims. So FSX;SP2, FSX:STEAM, P3d V3 and P3d V4.

BUT, the updated Installer is not ONLINE yet, we just finished the Test and some smaller changes needs to be done, before it can go online!

Thanks for the info Oliver and Mathijs! If possible, give a "GO" here in this topic, because other resellers don´t send message talking about the new version if the number (Ex: 1.05) don´t change.

• Developer

The corrected Installer Version 1.05a is now available in the Aerosoft Shop, other resellers maybe need time to get it online. The Installer includes fixes for all Version FSX,FSX:SE,P3DV3 and P3DV4.

The installer must have the Filename AS_MADEIRA-X-EVOLUTION_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V105a.exe, otherwise it is not the correct one.

This installer now includes all fixes, which was known after V1.04 and as before 1.05 the P3D V4 Version, here is the Afcad fixed in relation to 1.05

Tip: Keep the Installer on your harddisk and don't delete it, until a newer one is tested from you, so that you are able to go back to N-1, when a new installer has bugs. Older versions are not available in your shopaccount history.

This is a general tip, not only for Madeira ;)

vor 4 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

The corrected Installer Version 1.05a is now available in the Aerosoft Shop, other resellers maybe need time to get it online. The Installer includes fixes for all Version FSX,FSX:SE,P3DV3 and P3DV4.

The installer must have the Filename AS_MADEIRA-X-EVOLUTION_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V105a.exe, otherwise it is not the correct one.

This installer now includes all fixes, which was known after V1.04 and as before 1.05 the P3D V4 Version, here is the Afcad fixed in relation to 1.05

Tip: Keep the Installer on your harddisk and don't delete it, until a newer one is tested from you, so that you are able to go back to N-1, when a new installer has bugs. Older versions are not available in your shopaccount history.

Oliver, I just tested and can confirm that it works for me now :) Thank you.

10 hours ago, OPabst said:

Unfortunately the zip file has no version info on it's name. Perhaps that would be a good thing to add as a rule? I don't know if simmarket has updated already or its still the same. It's a 1.25 gig download :)

I can now confirm that simmarket has the updated 1.05a installer and that it has worked for me, right out of the box, as it was meant to. Thank you! Madeira looks great.

I keep my suggestion of adding the version to the zip file.

This scenery is still not fixed.....every aircraft i load in floats maybe 1/2 m off the ground has done for every version. I have since reinstalled on new SSD and removed P3dv4 & 3 from previous SSD and still its there done a search on any files LPMA and found no other AFD's or BGLs from previous versions but still the aircraft float. This scenrey has been unusable since day 1 I give up now.....

• Developer
vor 5 Minuten, mckayi sagte:

This scenery is still not fixed.....every aircraft i load in floats maybe 1/2 m off the ground has done for every version. I have since reinstalled on new SSD and removed P3dv4 & 3 from previous SSD and still its there done a search on any files LPMA and found no other AFD's or BGLs from previous versions but still the aircraft float. This scenrey has been unusable since day 1 I give up now.....

Can you please make a screenshot in Spotview with all shadows (cast and receive) on, so that we see the situation better.

Background: I have ORBX Global and Europe Open LC installed + PTA 2.5 on a new P3D v4 install+ latest Hotfix. No other add ons etc. System patched and UTD, no problems with anything else at all, getting 50+ framerates with twin 980Ti SLI and 32GB RAM and Haswell i7 @ 4.3ghz.

Problem: I downloaded v 1.05 and answered "yes" to "Do I have ORBX vector installed?" Terrible scenery, looks live Madeira Evolution 1.00 again with all the problems at that time. Horrible. So I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, then downloaded the newer v 1.05a, and replied "no" to the ORBX Vector question (because ORBX haven't yet released that, of course). Absolutely no difference to the scenery from 1.05. Absolutely horrible all round the Island, with houses floating in the air at random, and more so round Ponta do Pargo. The airport itself at Funchal seems fine with no repetition of the crash boxes on the runways, as there were in previous versions. The vegetation is washed out, and the roads bend in impossible ways down cliffs etc. Houses float on cliff sides (especially round Garajau) and the roads themselves appear to be a combination of photoscenery with static pictures of flattened vehicles, to proper roads with vehicles on them (the bridge turning point onto the lights for the runway is fine and has moving traffic).

Verdict: It's just a mess, has been more or less a problem since version 1.00, was OK in version 1.04 for Prepar3D 3.4 but has reverted with a vengeance to an unusable state with v 1.05 and 1.05a. In my opinion the product is clearly not fit for purpose and I would like to claim a full refund. I certainly won't be buying, nor recommending, Aerosoft scenery ever again. You should be ashamed of yourselves for releasing such an unfit product to market.

Finally: I am open to suggestions for a fix, but don't hold out much hope...

• Developer

Many words, but nothing to see. When you use P3D V4 and set the screenshot format to jpg, it is sooooooo easy to make a screenshot of the problems you see.

And make a screen of you mesh settings too, so that we are able to see what we see at the positions, you see as critical.

I see you censored my previous post. However, in good faith, I attach several screenshots and my graphic settings. Thank you.

Please login to display this image.

OK so this is the issue in P3dv4 I have completed all the steps in the beginning of this thread. This happens to every aircraft. GSX is updated as is P3dv4 and all works fine.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, mckayi said:

OK so this is the issue in P3dv4 I have completed all the steps in the beginning of this thread. This happens to every aircraft. GSX is updated as is P3dv4 and all works fine.

2017-7-15_13-13-5-202.bmp

Please post pictures in jpg format only.

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , mckayi sagte:

Have changed the format of the BMP to JPG.

You talked in your first post about 1/2meter = 50cm. I have now reduced the plattform by 10cm, much less the you define it, but so it should fit.

Rename the file LPMA_OBJ-Plattform.BGL to *.ORG in the folder ..\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\MadeiraXEvolution\SCENERY

Then unzip the attached file into that folder.

LPMA Plattform Fix.zip

• Developer
vor 16 Stunden , Fizzelle sagte:

I see you censored my previous post. However, in good faith, I attach several screenshots and my graphic settings. Thank you.

The problem is, that there is no solution for that issue, as long as you don't have a mesh source, which provides you a 1m resolution between the meshpoints. Only in this case you can build up the island as in real life. And this for the complete island, I don't know if the Sim will handle it with a flyable framerate.

In case of Maderia the meshsource has 19m to 30m depents an the area, as the developer told me. Even when you set the Mesh respolution to 1m, it will only interpolate the points between, but this makes the mesh not better for the island, only in the airport area it helps to prevent the mesh to come throw the 3D Model of the Airportarea.

But based on this "low" Mesh, the flat aerial photo will "fall" done the cliffs and is warped in the extrem vertical cliffzones. But this will be the same, when landclasses (default or Addons like OrBx) is used. Then the Landclass Texture is warped.

The flying autogen is also based on the extrem vertical terrain. The autogen is placed "nearby" the altitude of the Terrain below, but it don't flatten it below. The only chance you have is, not to place autogen at the cliffzone. But if this looks better when you fly over it, I don't think so.

And to place all buildings as 3D Objects, you will not finish this project in you lifetime ;)

Ok then, as I understand it my settings are too high and therefore the mesh is distorted accordingly and there is no cure until someone comes up with a better quality 3D model that the textures "wrap around" properly. But I have a screamingly fast machine and the Madeira archipelago is low res and I do not benefit from this, as such.

I suppose there will be a high res version out sometime in the future?

Thank you for your thoughts; at least I can understand where the problems now lie. It is good to get to the bottom of it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

Thank you for your thoughts; at least I can understand where the problems now lie. It is good to get to the bottom of it.

Maybe one additional thought for the future: it's always better to ask kindly and friendly for help or explanations. Your initial approach was something like the opposite of that. I hope that was the last time we saw you writing here in such an offensive tone. 

Usually posts like that are considered as not to be worthy to be answered in detail. Which wouldn't helped you at all in understanding what the reason for the effects you are seeing is. 

• Developer

I don't know, if there is a free (or in a acceptable pricelevel) source for a better mesh of Madeira available. 

I also don't know, what resolution the FTX Global mesh has for Maderia.

But when another meshaddon with a higher LOD level is installed, the FSX/P3D will use that one, independet in which Layer of the Scenery Library it is installed. While other scenery content is loaded by the layerorder, meshes are loaded by the LOD Level.

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Maybe one additional for the future: it's always better to ask kindly and friendly for help or explanations. Your initial approach was something like the opposite of that. I hope that was the last time we saw you writing here in such an offensive tone. 

Usually posts like that are considered as not to be worthy to be answered in detail. Which wouldn't helped you at all in understanding what the reason for the effects you are seeing is. 

It was boiling frustration. If you go back through my posts, you will see that I and many others have had problems from day 1 with Madeira Evolution. I offered some suggestions too. The really funny thing is, in version 1.04 for Prepar3D 3.4, everything had been pretty well fixed and I was enjoying the product. Then Prepar3D v4 came out along with the updated scenery and it all went back to day 1 again. I am 65 years old, not some kiddie and have been flighsimming since the mid 1980s. I bought a machine capable of rendering huge 3DS Max scenes in very quick order, and got very frustrated with what I saw as a very retrograde step.

Anyway I apologise unreservedly and will behave in future.  Thank you.

I am only human after all  :hanged_s:

Archived