Madeira Mesh Mega Topic

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm running Orbx FTX Global and FTX Vector and this is what I'm getting , I thought I'd fixed it removing APX43200.bgl  cvx4320.bgl  from 0502 scenery folder I also removed the same numbered files but had the word madeira included in it's title but alas no joy. this scenery is terrible.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Have you read post #2 in this topic and tried item 7?

Yes but the last sentence in referring to solving Orbx problems say it all ...

"ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl remain unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove it manually every time you use FTX configurator (!)."  

In other words every time I turn on the LPMA scenery I have to run the Orbx configurator, meaning I also have to remove the "ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl " :(

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 11 Minuten, Lord Nibbo sagte:

Yes but the last sentence in referring to solving Orbx problems say it all ...

"ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl remain unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove
it manually every time you use FTX configurator (!)."  

In other words every time I turn on the LPMA scenery I have to run the Orbx configurator, meaning I also have to remove the "ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl " :(

No, you can use LPMA like you want. But when you run  the "FTX Vector Configurator" you have to deactivete two files manually, because the tool reactivates them. But that is not a big problem, because you normally run the "FTX Vector Configurator" only when you installed a new scenery.

It is essential that you follow/check all instructions in post#2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Madeira X Evolution has been updated to version 1.04

- LPMA Afcad optimized, handles AI-Traffic with curved approach to Runway 05,
- RNAV Approaches added based on actual Navdata to be used with GPS and ATC,
- Completely redone runway lights for LPMA, 
- ICAO confirmed edge and center line colors ,
- Lead-in light flashes have now correct positions,
- Intensity of lights optimized to prevent "glow" effect,
- Visibility of PAPI optimized,
- Apron and Landside vehicle traffic added (AESlite Traffic),
- 3D Lights added to Madeira and Porto Santo Islands,
- Performance optimized,
- Crash detection error removed.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Just noticed GSX not behaving with the latest version 1.04, vehicles are half in the ground, I didn't have this with earlier versions, although I thought this was easily fixed with the newest version of GSX but doesn't seem to have worked out. 

Could be a problem on my end. FSX Acceleration, Windows 7 64 bit, DX 10 with fixer, no FTX Vector installed. 

Thanks. 

edit: Sorry it is my bad I see the config tool now, RTFM! :)  

• Developer

Please run the new LPMAconfig tool in thr Maderia Mainfolder, there you find a checkbox for GSX compatible Apron, need until,they change there code to get the Airport to the fixed Altitude of 43.60, as they hsve done it for LaPalma and others before

Hi,

I installed v1.04. Thank you for the configurator, which comes handy. I appreciate the improvements, but I have the following issues:

1. Where are the white markings on the runway?
2. The PAPI lights disappear/reappear when getting closer to the runway, on both 05 and 23 sides
3. Where the gap was in v1.03 (cliff near Machico), from far enough, we get "climbing water cliffs" that get fixed when getting closer

4. Minor issue: there is a lorry "embedded" on the slope near the middle of the runway. See video from 01:16 to 01:18

I understand SODE is no longer necessary for v 1.04, as there is no difference if I start FSX SE with or without SODE. Am I correct?

See the "quick and dirty" video below:

Regards,

Raymond

• Developer

Hi Raymond,

first, please tell us the FS Version you use: FSX SP2, FSX ACC, FSX:SE or P3D, if P3D please also the full Versionnumber 

Looks like there is a other Addon generating a runway, as the black center is not part of the Madeira Scenery. This will be the reason for your points 1,2 and 4.

Point 3 should be related to the meshsettings you use.

Hello all and thank you for these update.

Today my unique concern is the ground ilumination:

Funchal area is normal?

On the other hand, GSX is OK

...and finally São Lourenço mesh was corrected!

And, at least on my system, full compatibity with FTX Global Vector! great news!!!!

I think so far this was the best update. Again, thank you!

(but check that ground lights in LPMA).

On 2017-5-24 at 8:47 AM, OPabst said:

Hi Raymond,

first, please tell us the FS Version you use: FSX SP2, FSX ACC, FSX:SE or P3D, if P3D please also the full Versionnumber 

Looks like there is a other Addon generating a runway, as the black center is not part of the Madeira Scenery. This will be the reason for your points 1,2 and 4.

Hi Oliver,

At work now, so I will be fast:

As I wrote in my sentence in bold in post #159 (where I ask also if SODE is needed, which I am still asking...), I have FSX SE . I will have to check at home for exact version...

I have no other addon for Madeira. I used to have the old Madeira from Aerosoft till a few months ago: could the uninstaller of the old Madeira have left some file in FSX\World\... folder? But why didn't I have any black center with EVO v1.01, v1.02 and v1.03? I have Orbx Vector, but this seems fine.

Point 3. Where the gap was in v1.03 (cliff near Machico), from far enough, we get "climbing water cliffs" that get fixed when getting closer: this can't be my mesh, as it is set at 1 meter, as advised. This was perfect with your EVO v1.02, and there was a hole with v1.03.

Regards

Thanks for the 1.04 update. My only problem are the 3D lights around the island which doesn't seem to exist. I only have them near the airport.

I'm in P3D v3.4 with recommended settings and I even disabled all other sceneries but no luck...

On 2017-5-24 at 8:47 AM, OPabst said:

Hi Raymond,

Hi Oliver,

At home now. So I put all in 1 post: easier to read.

As I wrote in my sentence in bold in post #159 (where I ask also if SODE is needed, which I am still asking...), I have FSX SE:

from fsx.exe:

file version: 10.0.62615.0
product version: 10.0.62615.0 (FSX.20150710-1055)

I have no other addon for Madeira. I used to have the old Madeira from Aerosoft till a few months ago: could the uninstaller of the old Madeira have left some files in FSX\World\... folder? But why didn't I have any black center with EVO v1.01, v1.02 and v1.03, and all the white markings were fine? I have Orbx Vector, but it doesn't seem to cause problems.

Also, there is no white markings anywhere on the runway, not only the center. The white markings are replaced by lighter grey markings, so we can see where the white markings are supposed to be.

Point 3. Where the gap was in v1.03 (cliff near Machico), from far enough, we get "climbing water cliffs" that get fixed when getting closer: this can't be my mesh, as it is set at 1 meter, as advised. This was perfect with your EVO v1.02, and there was a hole with v1.03.

Regards

• Developer

Please check, if there is another file with LPMA in the name is fs/scenery/world/scenery folder, which have NOT the name AFX_LPMA_ALT.bgl (with a actual filedate), that one is from the new LPMA you have now. Maybe there is still the file from the old, which was same meters higher the the new one.

23 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Please check, if there is another file with LPMA in the name is fs/scenery/world/scenery folder, which have NOT the name AFX_LPMA_ALT.bgl (with a actual filedate), that one is from the new LPMA you have now. Maybe there is still the file from the old, which was same meters higher the the new one.

In /scenery/world/scenery, I have only AFX_LPMA_ALT.BGL date modified 22/05/2017 time 12:00. No  other lpma there.

Has anything changed about lpma files in VECTOR?

As I said, the white markings were fine in v1.00 to 1.03. I just don't know what to do now...

Hi Oliver.

I'm with Raymond66 on this. V1.04 for me does have runway markings but they are VERY faint. And there's the problem of the PAPI's disapearing as you approach the runway.

Martin.  

16 minutes ago, marts747 said:

Hi Oliver.

I'm with Raymond66 on this. V1.04 for me does have runway markings but they are VERY faint. And there's the problem of the PAPI's disapearing as you approach the runway.

Martin.  

Thank you Martin. I thought I was the only one, but there is nothing wrong with my system.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, twice, and it's still the same as in my video in post #159.

• Developer

I have it not with 1.04 on my system, so it must be a combination, we need to find.

I am in holidays until mid next week, so i am out now.

after installing V1.04 don't see lead-in lights anymore in evening, what can  cause this issue, in all former version lead in lights were Always visable.

pls advise

rgds

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , sydney1962 sagte:

after installing V1.04 don't see lead-in lights anymore in evening, what can  cause this issue, in all former version lead in lights were Always visable.

pls advise

rgds

In former Versions they used SODE. Now it is a different technique. What Sim are you using?

• Developer

The file you find attached to the german Thread below seams to fix the issue with the dark runwaymakings.

unpack the file into the ..\aerosoft\madeiraX2016\Scenery folder and replace the original files.

Note: Fix only for FSX SP2/ACC and FSX:SE, not for P3D

Hi Oliver,

Yes, with new LPMA_OBJ-Ground.BGL, the white markings are back. Thank you.

I also copied the LPMA_RWY-PAPI.BGL file to fix the PAPI lights, but problems remain in Madeira X Evolution v1.04.

1. The PAPI lights fade, disappear, reappear during the day...

2. During the night, the PAPI lights are OK, but a bit blurred sometimes...

3. Also, if, after the night, we select the day, the PAPI lights are buggy again, and the 3D lights at the airport are ON! The 3D lights go off if we get close... If we end the flight, then start a new flight in Madeira, the 3D lights at the airport remain ON during the day. For these 3D lights to be OFF during the day, we need to close then restart FSX SE!

Watch the video below...

Please, appreciate that I spent 3 hours investigating this, as well as making the video.

Archived