Madeira Mesh Mega Topic

• Developer

@Jock7 Thanks for kind fords and @masterhawk for quick response on this. ;) 

I know it may be problematic, but please have in mind that most of the issues here is caused by 3rd party addons that I can't do much about. I can't modify somebody else files and not everybody is willing to cooperate on this either. 

The installer should rename the files automatically but sometimes it doesn't. It may be related to system permissions, UAC and more. Anyway we do ours best to support every user and investigate all issues. Enjoy flying to Madeira. :) 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it also planned to update LPPS, i have a problem with vector intsalled. And i think i`am not the only one here in the forum, with a big wall on the runway :).

35 minutes ago, nhlking said:

Is it also planned to update LPPS, i have a problem with vector intsalled. And i think i`am not the only one here in the forum, with a big wall on the runway :).

Indeed you are not the only one ;-)

After the update I can no longer use Madiera or LPPS with large vertical walls rising up from the scenery.

I use FTX and the first version had no issues once configured.

Not sure what has changed but i have tried every concievable variation AEC ON or OFF with LPMA and LPS below and above ftx in the cgf file.

Any ideas?

Fixed it with the following steps.

1) Turn off In the Vector tool LPMA and LPPS. Then, the FTX_VECTOR \ FTX_VECTOR_APT \ scenery \ ABP_LPMA.inactive, ABP_LPMA_default plus u ABP_LPPS_.inactive and ABP_LPPS_Default files are removed to a safe place.

2)From vector AEC i also removed AEC_LPMA.inactive and AEC_LPPS.inactive.

Works fine now. Also noticed after an uninstall that the Aerosoft Madiera folder left behind a pile of tectures in the Madiera folder which should of been removed in the uninstall i would of imagined. So the uninstaller is leaving stuff behind.

Cheers

Hi, I have a big problem with Madeira Evolution, look my pictures

how to fix this ?

(I have FTX Global and Vector and Envtex)

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , MrRemiM sagte:

Hi, I have a big problem with Madeira Evolution, look my pictures

how to fix this ?

(I have FTX Global and Vector and Envtex)

Read post #2

Ok thx, houses in the sky --------> FTX but i dont know which files(i test without FTX Vector and Global) . And the marking on the floor i dont know pls find the problem! :(

@MK-Studios 

Imho, if someone adds a new scenery add-on, that person wants it to work with all the "big" existing and "normal" scenery systems used by everyone who has this hobby.

In the case in question, mesh, vectorization, globalization of scenery, are already in the markets for a long time and are very dear, appreciated and tested. All new add-ons should seek to adapt to live with these systems.

No user, consumer wants to install a new add-on and have to venture to make structural modifications in the simulators and into the various other add-ons, without knowledge of cause, to have what they want - and, as is the case here, almost always without success. In fact one did not buy a treat/enjoyment, but a big headache.

Please, and with all due respect, MK-Studio make your product a breeze for the simmers community, not a pain.

We want Madeira, if possible, as satisfied users.

Best regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, Sinesio sagte:

@MK-Studios 

Imho, if someone adds a new scenery add-on, that person wants it to work with all the "big" existing and "normal" scenery systems used by everyone who has this hobby.

In the case in question, mesh, vectorization, globalization of scenery, are already in the markets for a long time and are very dear, appreciated and tested. All new add-ons should seek to adapt to live with these systems.

No user, consumer wants to install a new add-on and have to venture to make structural modifications in the simulators and into the various other add-ons, without knowledge of cause, to have what they want - and, as is the case here, almost always without success. In fact one did not buy a treat/enjoyment, but a big headache.

Please, and with all due respect, MK-Studio make your product a breeze for the simmers community, not a pain.

Best regards,

Hi, I'm a satisfied customer.

sometimes it is not possible to make everything compatible for several reasons. Madeira is  very difficult location for an developer. Floating runway above the ground is nothing the simulator engine was built for. So the devolper had to do a lot of tricks. Normally the installer will rename the files. But sometimes it is not possible of several reasons like admin rights, uac and that the sim is in the c:\programs(x86) folder, that is special protected.

and the mesh addons are installed somewhere on the hdd, so the installer can't rename them.

Unfortunally this hobby isn't since along time a "fire and forget" system. The growing number of addons don't make it easier. And that is the reason why we have a living community.

another problem would be the x variations or places other addons could be installed.

It shure may be possible to catch all that things for all the "major" addons (whichever that are) for all the variations of fsx, fsx-se, P3D v1, v2, v3, ... but in this case the installer would be more complicated (and expensive) to develop  than the whole addon.

33 minutes ago, data63 said:

It shure may be possible to catch all that things for all the "major" addons (whichever that are) for all the variations of fsx, fsx-se, P3D v1, v2, v3, ... but in this case the installer would be more complicated (and expensive) to develop  than the whole addon.

Indeed.

But personally, I would not mind at all paying twice the current price for such improvements.

What kills quality and businesses these days, is the "cheap everything" mentality. I am no millionaire; I just prioritise what I buy always aimed at quality, not quantity.

I am not saying Madeira X Evolution is bad, I just put a 26 minutes video on YouTube about it, flying all over the island in a T45, and one can see I truly enjoy this scenery. But small improvements still need doing...

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 8 Stunden , MrRemiM sagte:

Ok thx, houses in the sky --------> FTX but i dont know which files(i test without FTX Vector and Global) . And the marking on the floor i dont know pls find the problem! :(

If you use FTX vector you should check the files mentioned in no4 in post #2.

For the groundpoly, you should check your SODE Installation (no 7).

Set you mesh setting to 1m

ok I fix the houses in the sky, but now we should fix this

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 5 Stunden , MrRemiM sagte:

ok I fix the houses in the sky, but now we should fix this

Does SODE run properly at your other airports? Please post your SODE.log as mentioned in no7

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Stunden , eze1510 sagte:

I'm having the same issues as above with no taxiway lines.

I also have an invisible object on the runway which crashes on DEP/ARR. 

P3D 3.3

P3D 3.4.22 is minimum requirement.

• Developer

I'm working on 3.2-3.3.5 compatibility. More information will be available next week I guess. If you wish to test it please contact me on private message.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Sinesio said:

@MK-Studios 

Best regards,

Well said sir.

In a post I made in another thread about this issue, Mr Kok directed me to this one, after closing the thread!

I have altered all these files, mentioned in this thread and still have a faulty Madeira X Evolution install. Please see attached pictures. That's just the end of the runway, the rest of the elevated scenery is, quite frankly, a mess!

I have Windows 7 pro, Orbx (full world install), and some Aerosoft Airports which work.

I do not expect to pay £25 for a scenery and encounter problems which demand that I have to alter the scenery folder files structure.

I received an email back from Aerosoft Support saying they are working on a patch for this scenery so obviously there is an issue, in spite of what Mr Kok says about many people having no issues! Yes there are issues and software should be properly beta tested before release.

Best regards

David

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 7 Stunden , herky20 sagte:

Well said sir.

In a post I made in another thread about this issue, Mr Kok directed me to this one, after closing the thread!

I have altered all these files, mentioned in this thread and still have a faulty Madeira X Evolution install. Please see attached pictures. That's just the end of the runway, the rest of the elevated scenery is, quite frankly, a mess!

I have Windows 7 pro, Orbx (full world install), and some Aerosoft Airports which work.

I do not expect to pay £25 for a scenery and encounter problems which demand that I have to alter the scenery folder files structure.

I received an email back from Aerosoft Support saying they are working on a patch for this scenery so obviously there is an issue, in spite of what Mr Kok says about many people having no issues! Yes there are issues and software should be properly beta tested before release.

Best regards

David

Are you running P3D 3.4.22? That version is mandatory for correct groundpoly layering.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 21 Stunden , herky20 sagte:

Well said sir.

Best regards

David

Hi, do you have any other Mesh addon installed? Because if your setting is at 1m, your mesh still looks strange. Compare with my screenshot.

Are there old files still in the sim from an other madeira addon freeware/payware?

It was multiple times uploaded for P3D but never for FSX as far as i know. I also tried al the things i saw earlier on! And i have no ORBX products. Added a screenshot if needed.

Archived