Strange lock-up in P3D with A320

Dudley

I have tried to fly this flight  3 times now. It takes me from ESSA - LIRF.  The plan is made in PFPX and imported  into the A320 MCDU.  I get a  lock up at precisely the same point (PELUP Waypoint) in the flight every time I try to fly it.  Normally my A320 in P3D v3.4 is very stable. Any ideas?

Please login to display this image.

It could be many things.

Just to be clear, your system is locking up, not having a CTD? 

Based on "locking up" (a.k.a. "freezing")...

In the minutes prior to the lockup, did you select / do anything in the aircraft?

If the answer to the above is no, then the first thing is to ensure you have the latest version of the Airbus. If you have anything prior to version 1.31 then please follow the procedure in the link below to update.

Next I would ensure you have all versions of SimConnect installed.  When you installed P3D, did you also install the different versions of SimConnect?  The referenced thread above will help you to install them.

After looking at SimConnect, it's time to look to see if you have the required versions of Microsoft C++ Redistributables.  Again, the procedure in the referenced link above will help you to install the correct versions.

Let us know how you make out.

Yes, it freezes, no CTD. Last thing I did was select FL390.  I believe I have the latest version, where is the version number to be found?   I was thinking that maybe PFPX was creating a mal-formed plan, or the Navigraph data for that waypoint is erroneous, but I can't find anything.  The freeze happens that exactly at PELUP, as shown in the picture. It's curious.

Simconnect versions I have : ESP v1.0.20.0,    v10.0.60905.0   v10.0.61242.0    v10.0.61259.0   v10.0.62615  I have 16 Microsoft C++ redistributables, from various years, is that enough?  I found that I had an older version from June last last year, so I have updated to 1.31.  I hadn't realised that a newer one was released.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Dudley said:

I have 16 Microsoft C++ redistributables, from various years, is that enough?

Please follow the instruction in the topic Dave linked in regard of the redistributable packages. The fact that you ask shows that you haven't followed the instruction yet.

The reason for the instruction to install/re-install them (item 3 in the linked topic) is, that even the packages for older VC++ version getting updates/fixes from time to time. Even if you have all of them installed lets say last year. Other software installers might bring outdated versions of these packages, install them and you end up with out dated versions without knowing. 

So that's why the recommendation is to grab the latest versions from the MS download page and just start their installers. They will handle the update for you.

• Deputy Sheriffs
28 minutes ago, Dudley said:

It's the sort of thing Windows Update should be doing.

Yes, that's what one would expect, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Regarding the C++ files, it's important to look at the actual version numbers because Microsoft has updated many of the different versions.  I know that doesn't sound right... for instance, the 2008 set has a complete service pack and I believe an update after that.

I know that it's difficult to understand why we need so many different versions of the C++ files.  HERE is an article that really explains it well.

By the way... be sure check for corrupted files (Step 5 in the referenced procedure).

Just thinking this through...

1. I would try manually entering the route and then making the flight again to see if the problem still occurs.

2. There have been various problems including freezes reported via the P3D forums. Users have corrected such issues by updating their graphics drivers and updating to the latest version of FSUIPC and I certainly recommend doing this.  Additionally, updating to the latest applicable P3D Hotfix may also a good idea.  I had several problems with P3DV3.4 and I eventually decided to roll back to P3DV3.35 and I haven't had a single problem since doing so - though I know others running the latest version of P3DV3.4 who also are not having any problmes post the latest HotFix.

NOTE REGARDING NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVERS:  If you're using an NVIDIA Graphics Card, several problems with drivers have been identified including a memory leak which affects VAS. NVIDIA confirmed these issues, and released a BETA Driver that appears to have corrected them.  You'll have to obtain this version from the BETA download section via the link below:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4405

I have re-installed the Airbus and updated the runtimes, and I managed to pass PELUP with the same PFPX route. I have an AMD R9 290.  Thanks for your help

Archived