Madeira X Evolution - Elevation problems

Flightplayer

I think Porto Santo was poorly depicted in this version or something's wrong with mine.

As you can see below there's a hill near runway 36 which doesn't exist and where are those mountains east of the terminal???

I know the island personally and I'm disappointed with it so far. The older one had the correct elevations.

Please login to display this image.

Also forgot to add, there's also a mountain to the southwest of runway 36 which I don't believe exists and the little islands around the main island are flat.

• Aerosoft

I am sorry you feel this secondary airport is not covered okay, However the major work is done on the main airport as you will understand. I will discuss the issues you mention with the project manager. Are you sure these things are just not loaded in your images?

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry you feel this secondary airport is not covered okay, However the major work is done on the main airport as you will understand. I will discuss the issues you mention with the project manager. Are you sure these things are just not loaded in your images?

I reinstalled and got the same results. It is definitely how it looks for me and some friends of mine also got the same.

I understand the main focus was on LPMA however since LPPS was just a "port" from the old one to work in P3D as said by the developers, I find it strange it looks worse than the old one. Guess I'll use the old BGL's in the meantime and hopefully there's a word from the devs. Thanks.

Flightplayer, posso usar o teu tópico? é que estou a ter outros problemas mas também relativos às elevações do terreno tanto na Madeira como no Porto Santo.

Hi all. I don't have that mountain problems in Porto Santo as you can see in the next image:

...but have very, very bad problems with airport elevations here in Porto Santo and LPMA:

I have FTX Vector and both airports have been "excluded" in the configuration tool and FreeMesh. Nothing else...

Sorry for my english.

Are you sure you're not using any files from the old scenery? I don't have those moutains and have spoken to other people who also don't.

Can't help you with FTX as I don't use it.

• Developer

In case if you have ORBIX installed:

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPMA.BGL and ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and APT_LPMA.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPMA.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

What we observed running FTX configurator doesn't solve the problem as one file
ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl remains unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove
it manually and later every time you use FTX configurator.

Please let me know about this, @Flightplayer we'll be looking at Porto Santo mesh too so this one will be solved definitely.

@MK-Studios and @Boeing787-8, it's OK now:

Beautiful :wub:

Awaiting a solution (similar?) In Porto Santo.

Thanks!

• Developer

Oh, please look for the same files in FTX folders, instead LPMA look for LPPS and do the same procedure. :) That should fix this!

@FlightplayerI attach here the file LPPS_MK_terrain.bgl that you should place in Porto Santo/Scenery folder, could you check your mesh then and let me know?

LPPS_MK_terrain.bgl

1 hour ago, MK-Studios said:

In case if you have ORBIX installed:

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPMA.BGL and ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and APT_LPMA.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPMA.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

What we observed running FTX configurator doesn't solve the problem as one file
ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl remains unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove
it manually and later every time you use FTX configurator.

Please let me know about this, @Flightplayer we'll be looking at Porto Santo mesh too so this one will be solved definitely.

You forgot to include also the files for LPPS in the actions to rename the file extensions (mainly ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl, since the others are inactive already after running the FTX Vector Configuration tool), not only LPMA!.

Cheers, Ed

In case of mesh problems

If some problems are reported with mesh for ORBX FTX VECTOR: Run FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe and go to Airport Elevation Corrections – Manual configuration type LPMA and LPPS and DISABLE them. Save.

Then go to your SIM folder example. FSX/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/ /FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ the files ABP_LPMA.BGL and ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and APT_LPMA.bgl must be removed or their extension changed to .INACTIVE /FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPMA.BGL must be removed or its extension changed to .INACTIVE

in Madeira X Evolution Manual, page 18 :o

They know about this B)

Similar issue here, using FTX global only. Following recommended settings and unfortunately have no taxiway lines or detailing such as markings around stands etc.

4 hours ago, MK-Studios said:

Oh, please look for the same files in FTX folders, instead LPMA look for LPPS and do the same procedure. :) That should fix this!

@FlightplayerI attach here the file LPPS_MK_terrain.bgl that you should place in Porto Santo/Scenery folder, could you check your mesh then and let me know?

LPPS_MK_terrain.bgl

Thank you for fixing it. No issues now. I suppose the Download installer will be updated to include that file?

• Developer

Correct, I'm also working on some coast fixes and Ilhas Desertas mesh fix.

We'll investigate FTX Global problem, anyway for reporting any further problems I need to know your flight sim version and addons used.

I had the same problem as José Alberto.

I had run ORBX Vector airport Elevation Corrections scan where it disabled its LPMA & LPPS

I reinstalled Aerosoft over the top (no uninstall) and the problem was fixed.

If you later run again the ORBX Vector airport Elevation Corrections the problem reappears even though ORBX has LPMA & LPPS disabled and only solution there is to REinstall Madeira.

Weird ...

LPPS cannot be fixed with the re-install. The runway is deep in a vertical canyon.

P3D 3.4.9 - Win10 64

5 minutes ago, MK-Studios said:

Correct, I'm also working on some coast fixes and Ilhas Desertas mesh fix.

We'll investigate FTX Global problem, anyway for reporting any further problems I need to know your flight sim version and addons used.

Awesame it is almost perfect! I have 3 suggestions: 
- the lead in lights in the end are 4 of them wich still always on
- in on runway 23 turn base (LPMA) when the aircraft get's over it, it simply bumps and look like it's taxing on the terrain and not on one runway
- the last one can you recheck funchal bay? It isn't so reallistic, it is busy with big cruise ships and with a lot of cars.

• Developer

@Augusto271 

Thank you for your suggestions. Let me respond:

-these 4 lights should appear there constantly (check here),

-I reproduced this, looks like a platform issue, I'm working on this,

-I added some ships and attached small hotfix for this here, check if you want (this will be included in an update).

There's also CVX_MADEIRA.BGL that fix some coastline issues (specially in Porto Santo)

This .bgl files should be placed in P3D/Ecosystem/aerosoft/MadeiraX2016/scenery and oversaved.

@Richard980 and @Kuoni1083 I advise you to uninstall the scenery and install this using 'run as admin'. Let me know if that helps. In other case please PM me with more details on your sim and addons used so we can work on the solution for this.

lpma_placement.bgl

CVX_MADEIRA.BGL

15 minutes ago, MK-Studios said:

@Augusto271 

Thank you for your suggestions. Let me respond:

-these 4 lights should appear there constantly (check here),

-I reproduced this, looks like a platform issue, I'm working on this,

-I added some ships and attached small hotfix for this here, check if you want (this will be included in an update).

There's also CVX_MADEIRA.BGL that fix some coastline issues (specially in Porto Santo)

This .bgl files should be placed in P3D/Ecosystem/aerosoft/MadeiraX2016/scenery and oversaved.

@Richard980 and @Kuoni1083 I advise you to uninstall the scenery and install this using 'run as admin'. Let me know if that helps. In other case please PM me with more details on your sim and addons used so we can work on the solution for this.

lpma_placement.bgl

CVX_MADEIRA.BGL

I suppose this is also for FSX version? I noticed the Runway lights are behaving a bit strange during dawk/dusk. During that transition you see the runway lights with a grey circle around it. So a white dot and a grey circle around it.

• Developer

Correct, can be used.

Could you provide me a screenshot of this? The lights are set to appear a little bit earlier before flight sim comes to dusk time. If that's an issue we can try setting them to appear along with normal night lightning.

At certain angls a grey/black circle appears arount it. Time is 6:30AM LT this morning in FSX

I have put a circle around one, but you can see it with most of the lights.

EDIT: Looks like there are still some restants of the standard scenery, you can see the lines over here. I ran the DX10 fixer, but no difference.

EDIT2: Fixed this by renaming the 4320 files to .inactive in de ORBX VECTOR CVX folder.

Archived