SimPlanet Addons

In the past, I have made multiple addon purchaces from the company http://www.sim-planet.com

However I have recenty discovered that their website is down, and I cannot find any information about what has happened.

As such, I cannot access any of my addons, and I was wondering if anyone knows what has happened or what can be done to solve this issue?

Thanks,

James

Hi,

Same problem with Sim-Planet. I bought the Airbus 318-321 bundle and wonder if the serial number I have will still work. I've already encountered a bad serial number with another flight sim utility bought there so I'm anticipating the same thing with the Aerosoft Airbuses.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

TIA, Jerry

Hi Mathijs,

Thanks for the reply. And I understand your position on other vendors.

I do have the current version of the Airbus bundle (v1.31) and will deal with any updates if and when the time comes.

I have my serial number but my download link expired. Anyone know how can I get access to a new downlink? I was told sim-planet will have a successor page to send customers their download, but not sure if or when that's going to happen. I have purchase the aerosoft 320/321 from them.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, abelardj said:

Anyone know how can I get access to a new downlink?

Why not simply follow the suggestion of Mathijs two post above?

i have the same problem...my hdd disk has broken,and i lost my products of simplanet...i had purchased four megascenery products,two airports of aerosoft ,rex products and i don't know what to do.....simplanet has closed and what happens next;i regret that i was a customer of it.....

thanks tom..i inform you that i have done..and i hope to help me.i think it's ridiculous to close your site without to inform your customers before.it's a shame for simplanet to have done this...i gave them my money and now to be in this sad situation.thanks for your help,your advice and sympathy..

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe one thought for the future: what about regular backups of your valuable digital stuff?

With all the trojans around nowadays you don't necessarily have to wait for your hard drive to die to be unable to access your valuable data anymore.

it was a store exterior  hdd ..i didn't use it as interior disk.it was of western digital..i had the impression that was a reliable disk.this time we spesking i have installed the airports in my fsx...but if it needs for some reason to do an installation again it will be impossible to install them.also it was a mechanich failure ,not virus.also i had programs for music from plugin boutique,and steinberg,and vst buz or best service.But the sites is operataing and support their customers.i have all the downlinks ready for downloanding...like yours ,i mean aerosoft.i have bought the airport cote d' azur from you and i have lost to.But i have downloaded yesterday from your site.

tell me how to know that simplanet was a fake;;;;

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, WERTANAN said:

tell me how to know that simplanet was a fake;;;;

They surely weren't fake (as you were able to buy and receive products from them), they just went out of business. That's a difference!

• 4 weeks later...

I had contacted aerosoft regarding the same problem concerning the airbus that I purchased from sim-planet. I was told by aerosoft that sim-planet will have a back up website up and running to help customers with my same problem and I should wait on such site to be up and running.  I would like to know if anyone else get a different answer from them.

Anyway i think that aerosoft have to take a kind of responsibility againt this situation...i know that the company with the hi-fi products has links about their products for the customers of simplanet....i think that aetosoft s

hows a bad character for this situation...

3 hours ago, WERTANAN said:

Anyway i think that aerosoft have to take a kind of responsibility againt this situation...i know that the company with the hi-fi products has links about their products for the customers of simplanet....i think that aetosoft s

Really ? How on earth can Aerosoft be held responsible if customers choose to buy an Aerosoft product from another distributor because they want to save some money ? That is their choice and their risk .

If you want full support for a product then buy it from the publisher . In a previous post MK has already stated that they are willing to help even though it is not their " problem " , so you should be at least grateful for that .

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, WERTANAN said:

i think that aetosoft shows a bad character for this situation...

I strongly suggest you read the entire topic more carefully before making such claims!

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, WERTANAN said:

We have absolutely zero legal obligation towards these customers as they have not made a sale with Aerosoft. That's the law in your country as well. For most people who contacted us we have been kind enough to assist them and even PAID external developers for the additional key to make sure they got a free download. We have refused a two people who believed that by using many caps, exclamation marks and nasty words they could claim this gesture. We told them to go and line up with the other people who are damaged by simplanet going down. The legal way. Just like we do (think we got paid what they sold in the last weeks?)

However, dear WERTANAN, I do not see your email address in any of these tickets so I dare say you don't even know where you are talking about.  I will give you time to apologize of show we are indeed of bad character before I ban you from this forum.  I will not allow our own forum to be used to put us in a bad daylight when we have done all we can to assist affected customers. 

Archived