Weather radar not functioning with AS16?

divinglyc

Hi! I have recently purchased Aerosoft A320.

I also own AS16+ASCA.

However, when flying A320, though my radar is on, there is no weather shown on the radar, and a "?" was shown near the tilt angle on the ND.

How can I active the radar? Thanks!

2017-3-4_1-43-20-576.bmp

2017-3-4_1-45-32-270.bmp

2017-3-4_1-47-13-829.bmp

Hi,

I'm sorry, your pictures did not upload.
Could you attach them as .jpg please?

One general statement right away: AS16 or ASCA are not necessary for our WXR to work. It will work with any weather addon (or even default weather).
Could you load a flight using the default thunderstorm theme and tell me if you see any radar returns with it?

Hi! I have solved the picture problem. Now I attach my pictures.

As you can see, after I turn on the weather radar, I can see on the ND a blue question mark next to the tilt angle. No weather image.

I have AS16 and ASCA, No other weather addon. And I set my AS16 to live weather.

Please help. I have reinstalled my Windows 10 and P3D V3.4 today. And this problem persists.

I also attach the ContentError file of my P3D.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As far as I can tell from the first screenshot you haven't increased the brightness of the TERR ON ND resp. WXR. 

The ND brightness knob is in fact TWO brightness knobs, one inner and one out. 

TERR ON ND resp. the WXR are connected to the outer knob.

Thanks a lot for your  reply. I did later. I chose the wrong picture. I did increase the brightness to max. And I can see the terrain if I chose Terrain on.

So indeed there is no weather image shown here. The biggest problem is he blue question mark. It should have been a blue dot as I can see from

others screenshot. I think the "?" means it hasn't got the weather input....

• Deputy Sheriffs

So, just to clarify: can you confirm that you really have weather that contains precipitation around you? Best way to do that is to either use Emi's suggestion or at least increase the ND range to it's maximum.

(The WXR pics up precipitation only and not all clouds contain that.)

I can't comment on the "?" as I have never ever seen it before.

The questionmark most likely means that the font containing the circle that *should* be displayed is missing on your computer.

You should have the following 9 fonts in the C/Windows/Fonts folder:

AirbusDisp

AirbusDisp2

AirbusFCU

AirbusISIS

AirbusMCDUa

AirbusMCDUb

AirbusPFD

AirbusPFD2

ECAMa

• Deputy Sheriffs

If at least one of these fonts is missing, you should follow these steps to the point to re-install your bus:

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

So, just to clarify: can you confirm that you really have weather that contains precipitation around you? Best way to do that is to either use Emi's suggestion or at least increase the ND range to it's maximum.

(The WXR pics up precipitation only and not all clouds contain that.)

I can't comment on the "?" as I have never ever seen it before.

Thank you so much! I have picked a stormy weather from P3D scenario and try again.

Here is what I saw now. The first one is the terrain. Second one when I set to "Tur" and the third one was when I set to Wx+T. So this means the weather radar is working normally, right?

Thanks.. I will try to find out those fonts!

Thanks again to Emanuel and Tom!!

27 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

The questionmark most likely means that the font containing the circle that *should* be displayed is missing on your computer.

You should have the following 9 fonts in the C/Windows/Fonts folder:

AirbusDisp

AirbusDisp2

AirbusFCU

AirbusISIS

AirbusMCDUa

AirbusMCDUb

AirbusPFD

AirbusPFD2

ECAMa

Hi! I have checked it and all the fonts are in the correct folder..

So what could be the problem for the question mark?

Thanks!

Alright, so the radar itself is actually working (yes, FSX default weather is as crappy as it looks on the radar image!). The only issue left is the font.

I suggest you try a reinstallation of the Airbus using the procedure described in Toms link.

Perhaps you still have an old version of one of the fonts which could not contain the necessary circle within the font.
Make sure the Steam Client is not running in case you got Steam. We have seen it preventing the reinstallation of fonts while it runs.

Just kill it and restart it after the installation.

Hi! Tom:

I am using the bus for P3D v3.4, not FSX. But yes, I do have FSX:SE, too. Does it make any difference? Because I didn't run the Steam before installation.

I will follow the tips and try to reinstall it again and see if it works. Thanks a lot will keep you informed!

9 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Alright, so the radar itself is actually working (yes, FSX default weather is as crappy as it looks on the radar image!). The only issue left is the font.

I suggest you try a reinstallation of the Airbus using the procedure described in Toms link.

Perhaps you still have an old version of one of the fonts which could not contain the necessary circle within the font.
Make sure the Steam Client is not running in case you got Steam. We have seen it preventing the reinstallation of fonts while it runs.

Just kill it and restart it after the installation.

Hi! Latest info.":

I did step by step as the link said. Uninstall and then reinstall with antivirus off and no Steam at background.

Still the same. The annoying blue question mark is still there.

The fonts are all there, too.

What else can I do? Thanks!  

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, divinglyc said:

....and no Steam at background.

Are you 100% sure? Simply ending the Steam client is not enough, cause there is still a Steam process running not visible, which can only be stopped through the Windows Taskmanager

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

Haha...

There is a major difference between you and all others trying to help you: unlike you we are not sitting in front of your computer and have no means of knowing what you are doing unless we ask and you tell.

Please keep that in mind.

20 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Are you 100% sure? Simply ending the Steam client is not enough, cause there is still a Steam process running not visible, which can only be stopped through the Windows Taskmanager

Yes, Because I also use task manager to confirm that... Thanks..!

30 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

There is a major difference between you and all others trying to help you: unlike you we are not sitting in front of your computer and have no means of knowing what you are doing unless we ask and you tell.

Please keep that in mind.

Yes, of course I know that, and I am really thankful and appreciated for what all of you have done to help me. Did I say something to annoy you? Maybe that's caused by "writing". I didn't mean anything bad or sarcastic to you by saying that I have rebooted my PC for more than once.

I laugh(by "haha") because for the past 3 days, I have been struggling with my PC. I reinstalled my Windows  and all of the simulator and addons . So the "haha" was simply a sarcastic laugh to myself. I don't know the exact word to describe this kind of laugh by English..... Hope you could understand..

And I have to say thank you again for what you have been trying to.... and if I accidentally upset you, then I will apologize to you..

• Deputy Sheriffs

No worries, you didn't upset me ;) 

It was just that your "haha" could easily be misinterpreted, especially as there wasn't a smiley around.

Archived