March's 2017 Screen Shot Competition - Treacherous/Mountainous Terrain!!

14 hours ago, Aharon said:

Scotth6 got it right according to specific descriptions of contest!!  Is that Hawaii???  That is darn awesome shot.

Hey, thanks Aharon!

I guess most of the credit should be given to the devs of the scenery, plane and weather effects ;) , but I appreciate your appreciation :) .

The scenery is ORBX Tapini in Papua New Guinea.  There is some challenging flying indeed in PNG.

If you are interested I suggest checking out a series called "Worst Place to be a Pilot".  It can be found many places online including You Tube.  I think there are 4 episodes.

Cheers,

Scott

The Vintage Rare Howard 500 Propliner, Flying over Volcano,  Fogo, Cape Verde

One of the southern most islands in Cape Verde, Fogo is located between the islands of Santiago and Brava

Sao Filipe (GVSF) Cape Verde Volcanic Island

The Vintage Rare Howard 500 Propliner :   http://www.deehoward.org/the-dee-howard-legacy/innovations/howard-aero-innovations/item/howard-500

22 Howard 500s were produced initially, with a further eight being converted from earlier PV-2s to virtually the same standard

Of the 17 examples built to full Howard 500 standard, two restored aircraft remain flying !!!!  (only 2). 

• Deputy Sheriffs

This month's contest is officially closed.....my apologies for the tardiness....my next door neighbor was doing some digging in his back yard and severed my internet cabling.

Good luck to all ....some impressive shots this month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

The March contest results are in!!!

On 3/11/2017 at 6:41 PM, nilo4 said:

Landing Courchevel

Please login to display this image.

Congratulations to Nilo4 on winning the March Screen shot contest.  Love the angle !!..

Email to follow shortly.

Archived