LIRF Rome 1.03: rain and wet effects ?

Tozzifan

Hello,

I've just uninstalled LIRF frmom FSXSE(dx10) and installed the Simmarket notified update, flawlessly

willing to see rain effects and asphalt reflections, I fired up a flight, setting FSX weather to overcast and heavy rain

yet I am not seeing either reflections or rain effects...I presume

I am using FTX Global, REX textures, so I am asking whether any interference might come from those addons and, in case,what should do to see those effects

thanks

BTW: on P3dv3.4 I have the same experience

• Aerosoft

How strange... I do see the jetways and the rain effects:

Please login to display this image.

Try this:

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files) and manually delete the remaining folders (if any)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

is this

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

How strange... I do see the jetways and the rain effects:

Please login to display this image.

Try this:

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files) and manually delete the remaining folders (if any)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

is this FSX-SE or P3D ?

looks as if there are some issues in FSX-SE which are not present in P3D

I also lost the jetways (repaired by using the 1.02 models) and can't see any rain or wet effects

I've tried - following instructions - uninstalling 102 / reinstalling 103 on both FSXSE / P3dv34, with same results: no wet, no jetways

!!

I've reinstalled 102 on FSXSE and 103 on P3D: now on p3D I have wet and jetways :blink::)

Is this wet effect possible in FSX/FSX-SE? I thought that this a feature of P3D, if you make native P3D groundpolys.

My thinking as well. Not sure if FSX/SE has this feature.

Nick

Hello,

Same problem here using FSX Acc. After proper 1.02 uninstall and 1.03 install SODE is running well, GSX says it operates the jetways but they are not visible.

PS: Just made a test while FSX was running by restoring SODE\SimObjects\MKSTUDIOS_ROME folder from 1.02 release and reloading SODE using FSX menu and the jetways are back!

Skip.

• 4 weeks later...

Something else that may help, depending on where the scenery is being installed would be to right click the installer and select to Run As Admin.  I now do this for any flight sim software I'm installing.

Best wishes.

Archived