Keyboard or other alternatives to right MCDU

zkline

Hi All,

I wonder if there's any way to access the features the right MCDU provides without having to go through the menus? As a blind pilot, I can't easily get data out of either MCDU at the moment, so can't reset the flight to cold and dark, for instance. Is there a way to make keyboard shortcuts, or create an entry in the add-ons menu perhaps?

Thanks much :)

Fair enough. :)

Do the options and pages of the right MCDU menu remain mostly constant, at least? Maybe I can memorize which softkey corresponds with which option, or write up some kind of guide for myself.

I gather that the right MCDU isn't as complex as the left-hand version, so this is at least theoretically possible.

Apart from the set-and-forget settings (like volumes, etc.) yes.
Basically, once you are into flying the Airbus you will mainly use the Loadmanager and the Ground Connections pages.

Those remain the same all the time, yes.

Would anybody be willing to give me an overview of the layout of some of the pages for the right MCDU? I don't have reliable sighted help, unfortunately. If I could read the output this kind of cludge wouldn't be necessary :)

Archived