GUNS! GUNS! GUNS! --oh, wait...!

bonesvf103

Lately, wheeras it was working before, I've been noticing that if I fire the cannon, it fires off maybe 25 rounds, and then quits.  Everytime I oull the trigger again, all I hear is the cannon spool up, then wind down, and never fire anything.  I look at the counter and I have well over 500 rounds left.  Have I jammed the gun or something?

v6,

boNes

Documentation Vol.6 "Weapons" page 14:

The default salvo size is 100 rounds, and this can be adjusted to 50 rounds using lua commands. Even though momentary trigger press will release and entire salvo, it is important hold the trigger until the end salvo has been fired. Early release of the trigger can cause the gun to jam, and this failure mode has been modeled into the F-14X when compressor stalls are enabled.

Cheers.

Bj

Odd, I read the whole guns section of my manual before asking and never recall that.  I looked again now and that passage is not in there at all.  Do I have an old manual?

In any case, that's pretty cool, I like that realism...except that when i can't fire the gun anymore, haha.

v6,

boNes

Mine says 12-04-14.  This may explain alot as to why I have questions that seemed the answers should have been in the manual.  I got this manual when I bought F-14X Extended on the Aerosoft website...could I have just been given the wrong version?  Where can I get the most up to date one?

v6,

boNes

Archived