Critical Error: No Aircrafts Found! SIMstarter NG terminates

Sauicaen

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Run Simstarter, go to settings and choose "Create Support Package" and post the zipfile.

What Flightsimulator are you using?

I'm using P3D v3.4, as I say whenever I try to run SimStarter, I get the error message "Critical Error: No aircrafts found..." and it shuts down.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can either look into the manual (chapter 7.3) or look at the top of the list of all topics in this forum section, or follow the link you will find there directly here:

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think the problem is that he doesn't come to the point where he can create a support package.

@Sauicaen: please post the log file which can be found here: ...\SIMstarter NG\log\SIMstarter NG.log

10 hours ago, mopperle said:

I think the problem is that he doesn't come to the point where he can create a support package.

@Sauicaen: please post the log file which can be found here: ...\SIMstarter NG\log\SIMstarter NG.log

no issues at all, thanx for your efforts to support. here is my log file...

SIMstarter NG.log

• Deputy Sheriffs

For me it looks like that SIMstater NG can't find any aircraft in your P3D.

It searches them in the folder:

• D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\

When starting P3D does everything work as it should?

Can you please check the above given path if there are any files and folders included?

• Developer

Tom is right. NG can't find any aircrafts. Have you moved them from

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\

to another folder?

You could change the path where NG is looking for aircrafts in your settings.ini

[SIMOBJECTS]
searchFolders=SimObjects\Airplanes;SimObjects\Rotorcraft;

and replace the path with your existing path.

That should fix the problem.

12 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

to another folder?

You could change the path where NG is looking for aircrafts in your settings.ini

[SIMOBJECTS]

Sorry for responding now; actually all the aircrafts are in the correct folder, I didn't move anything :I

12 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

to another folder?

[SIMOBJECTS]

I have an internal and external harddisk, ı tried installing Simstarter NG on each of them by thinking that the issue may occur because of being on a different drive than P3D but nothing has changed.

I'm having the exact same issue. Changing the [SIMOBJECTS] part did not help, every time I run SIMStarter, it automatically replaces the searchFolders value to "searchFolders=SimObjects\Airplanes;SimObjects\Rotorcraft;"

I'm running the latest P3D v3.4 hotfix on win 10 x64. P3D itself runs with no issues.

SIMstarter NG Settings.ini

settings.ini

SIMstarter NG.log

• Developer

vor 6 Stunden , sturmovik sagte:

I'm having the exact same issue. Changing the [SIMOBJECTS] part did not help, every time I run SIMStarter, it automatically replaces the searchFolders value to "searchFolders=SimObjects\Airplanes;SimObjects\Rotorcraft;"

[...]

Sorry, you are right. NG restores the default values if they are missing. Please add your different path to the existing ones with ; separated.

To ensure everything is working fine, pls please post your

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg

52 minutes ago, Capt. PERO said:

Please post your

Here is my simobjects.cfg file

simobjects.cfg

44 minutes ago, Capt. PERO said:

Sorry, you are right. NG restores the default values if they are missing. Please add your different path to the existing ones with ; separated.

To ensure everything is working fine, pls please post your

adding different path to the existing ones with ; separated doesn't work, it still restores the default values which is "searchFolders=SimObjects\Airplanes;SimObjects\Rotorcraft;"

• Developer

What the hell causes this error? Very strange. Your path settings are looking good. Maybe a problem within the xml-file. Please attach

[SIMstarter NG]\data\userprofiles\P3Dv3\aircrafts.xml

The new patch seems to have fixed the issue. However, this time, configuring AS16 gives another error. I did not start another thread as I think this issue may be related to the earlier one.

When I tick the related AS16 tick boxes and click the ... button next to ActiveSky ConfigSet, I get a translation error (see the attached SS). I have also attached the languageError.txt and the log file.

languageError.txt

SIMstarter NG.log

I get the same error when clicking the simulator configuration manager under configuration menu as well.

Some information I hope that may help is:

1- I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1607. The system language is English, the keyboard is Turkish Q and the regional settings are for Turkey. I've had a similar issue with ASCA back in the summer, where the keyboard settings and the OS language mismatch caused a parsing error, guys from HiFi solved it via a remote TS session.

2- I noticed that the error dialogues include the uppercase i character (İ). This character exists in the Turkish alphabet (along with a lowercase I - ı) but not in the English alphabet. Maybe this is a part of the problem?

languageError.txt

SIMstarter NG.log

• Developer

Yes this is a turkish keyboard layout problem which causes problems in several functions of NG.

If it's possible switch to EN layout as long this is fixed. I need to change a lot of code so the new version will take some time.

Archived