Boeing 747-400 engines start-up

QStone

Hello,

I have problem to get the engines rolling on my United 747-400. More specifically saying cold start. It's the one that comes with the X-Plane 10 Global 64-bit.

I have followed carefully every single step which I have found on youtube tutorials etc 

Once I pull out the eng start switch I will heard engine starting but soon as I release the switch the engine will stop. White indication light won't lit.

I have tried multiple different orders to follow checklist but nothing works. Maybe the aircraft version is old?

Checklist:
1. Switch Battery on (open Battery guard first ;) ) (Left Overhead)
2. Avionics on (STANDBY POWER to AUTO) (Left Overhead)
3. APU to START (maintain over START 1 second) (Left Overhead)
4. after a few seconds AVail light over EXT GEN 1 & 2 will be illuminated
5. 4 bus tie to AUTO (LEFT OVERHEAD)
6. Press EXT GEN 1 or EXT GEN 2 (APU GEN) (Left Overhead)
7. GEN CONT to on (the 4 buttons) it will change to ON but still OFF illuminated because not engines running (LEFT OVERHEAD)
8. HYD KNOBS TO AUTO. (LEFT OVERHEAD)
9. IRS TO NAVE (3 OF THEM) now it will start IRS aling. 1minute and a half to show PFD correctly.
10. Fuel pumps ON (central Overhead)
11. APU Engine Bleed (Right Overhead) it will show ON and valve on orange.
12. 4 engines fuel cutoff shitches to RUN Position (thrust command panel)
13. Beacon On (right overhead)
14. Pull engine 4 switch on start panel (overhead). And the rest of engines.

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

you have set (I can see bad on your pictures):

Auto Start (Overhead) ON

Engine Bleed ON (4x)

Left & Right ISOL Switch ON

For engine start 2 Packs off (not all) is sufficient and than you must pull the engine start switch and thereafter set the engine fuel control switch to ON.

You can start 2 engine simultaneously (4+3; 2+1)

I got the engines rolling. You have to keep the ignition switch pulled for ~30seconds before the white indication light is lit. This is strange compared what I have seen in videos in youtube. In most cases the engine is started after just few seconds (white light is lit).

I was quite disappointed how much features is left out from this default plane: pneumatics, air conditioning, passenger comfort, fire supression. Is there

better version of the 747-400 available which is more professional? The default 747-400 which comes with X-Plane 10 is quite crappy.

• 6 months later...

Archived