AES freezes FS between screen changes

johnegg

Hi, first post on this forum. Have recently installed AES to use with LFPG & EDDF. When I change from full screen to minimize to start RC4 for example when I try to change back to full screen FS hangs with the cursor flickering.

If I use alt + tab then sometimes I get full screen, but not always.

This did not happen before I installed AES and on my old PC I ended up uninstalling AES as it was spoiling my FS experience.

I had hoped that v1.60 and a new pc would get past this but no !

I read another post of someone who had a similar problem did they ever solve the problem ?

Please help, having purchased the 2 airports I mentioned and a credit pack to activate AES I am very disappointed at not being able to experience the full AES.

John

• Developer

Hi,

I heard about this problem somewhere 2002, when Emma Field was released. The situation exists on a very small number of PC's and I never get a solution for that, where I can say this has to change.

It is not a problem of AES code itself, I think it is a combination of modules from Vistamare and others, maybe related to the Graphiccard and driver.

Can you please make the following tests:

1) uncheck AES Basepack in the scenery Library -> restart FS -> Still there?

2) rename <FS>modulesViMaIscn.dll in ViMaIscn.dlx -> -> restart FS -> Still there?

3) rename <FS>modulesViMaCore2004.dll in ViMaCore2004.dlx -> -> restart FS -> Still there?

Other question: Did you have Active Camera or such tools installed?

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Oliver,

thankyou for the reply. I have done some more testing and found that if I start in windowed mode, alt + tab to open and start RC4, alt + tab to get FS screen again and then alt and enter to get full screen mode the freezing does not happen !!

Having achieved near perfection with FS9 I dont really want to start messing around with various files so will just stick to the method that works.

Obviously this problem only affects a few systems and the chances are it will never be solved but at least now I can use the excellent AES.

Thanks John

John,

Just a guess but I am betting you are using an Nvidia card? I have had this issue pre-AES with Nvidia for years. For me it is if my mouse hits anywhere on the desktop while I am minimized or windowed LOL. The worst is when I switch from full to windowed mode in order to drag windows to monitors 2&3. If my mouse touches the desktop at anytime during this process (not the active FS window) I just shut down/restart and do not even attempt to go back to full screen. I know it is going to hang. In short and sorry for babbling but it isn't just you I think it is an Nvidia/MS thing...

Just my .02,

-Paul

• Developer
Paul , it could be true.

I'm using NVidia and have this problem too.

After every seesion of setting aircraft AES parameters I have to shut FS9.

Best regards,

Rafal

Do you have a second (Network connected) PC? If so, wait until AES 2.0, then we have a remote config tool for the Aircraftsetting :D

brgds

Oliver Pabst

No, Oliver, I don't though I would like to. :wink:

But it is not an essential problem, as using AES itself gives no conflicts at all.

It's just when I have to drop FS9 into a smaller windowed form.

In case of AES it is required for setting aircraft parametres.

Fortunately it is not done very often in my case.

Looking forward to next AES airports* and functions.

Best regards,

Rafal

*Toulouse...

• Developer
No, Oliver, I don't though I would like to. :wink:

But it is not an essential problem, as using AES itself gives no conflicts at all.

It's just when I have to drop FS9 into a smaller windowed form.

In case of AES it is required for setting aircraft parametres.

Fortunately it is not done very often in my case.

Looking forward to next AES airports* and functions.

Best regards,

Rafal

*Toulouse...

Toulouse... YES

Do you have a second (Network connected) PC? If so, wait until AES 2.0, then we have a remote config tool for the Aircraftsetting :D

brgds

Oliver Pabst

- Now that's some great news!

Paul , it could be true.

I'm using NVidia and have this problem too.

After every seesion of setting aircraft AES parameters I have to shut FS9.

Best regards,

Rafal

I have that exact problem myself.