Java issue installing EGLL, EHAM or EIDW on Win 10

I've rebuilt my PC and am running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition with all latest updates.

I'm now having an issue where when trying to install the Aerosoft EGLL, EHAM or EIDW for X-Plane I get an application exit after it uncompresses.

I've set the executables to run in Windows 7 compatibility and to run as Administrator and this works, however it uncompresses to 100% then exits without showing me the installation interface.  I did some digging and it looks like an ancient version of Java is invoked and then immediately terminates when it is called from the unpacked temporary directory created by the installer.  Scoured the temporary unpack folder (in this case AppData\Local\Temp\I1486564664) and I can see some JAR files in the Resource1.zip that I can open with 7Zip

Is there an alternate method of installing these sceneries on Windows 10?

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...

The downloads for EIDW, EGLL and EHAM have been changed: These airports don't use installers anymore; you simply get a zip file with a folder you copy to X-Plane's "Custom Scenery".

So if you bought these airports in the download shop, log in to your account and re-download.

Archived