Ground Roll Sound - A320 IAE vs. CFM

Over the past year or so of using the A320/A321 package, I had noticed a subtle difference between some of the different repaints I keep.  Eventually I figured out the problem:  The CFM models sound "better" on the ground - lots more rattling and bumping, etc. (compared to virtually none on the IAE models), especially on takeoff and landing and when taxiing more than about 10 knots or so.

So last night, along with using the cough drop mod posted elsewhere to eliminate the FO's sneezing (the coughing I don't mind but the sneezing can be startling!) I decided to see if I couldn't "fix" the IAE ground roll sound.  I was able to by copying the TSS_Rollout.wav and the appropriate section of the CFM sound.cfg into the Sounds_IAE folder.  (I believe those are the folder/file names; it was late last night and I didn't have time to post while I had the files handy.)  All after making backups, of course!  This worked as expected and now my IAE A320s sound like [I think] they should.

My question is, is there some reason why the IAE models have a different sound?  There's a marked file size difference between each models' corresponding rollout wav file and the sound.cfg section is also different.  For what it's worth, I didn't notice such a difference within the A318/319 package.  This has also been repeatable over a few installs - I last reinstalled per the guidelines about 3 weeks ago to chase down another problem - installed as admin, no virus scanner, etc.

• 1 month later...

Ok I am ignoring your question (but hopefully what I am saying will be a better result), try Blue sky stars IAE / CFM sounds for the a321, so nice!. Fixes any issues you might have with stock sounds.

Archived