Edit scenery entries before start flying

lh6800

Hello, 
with PMDG 737NGX and even more with FSLabs A320X the problem of used VAS and running out of memory came back to FSX(-SE). Adjusting the settings in FSX is one way to deal with this and I have done it by defining individual profiles for PMDG and FSLabs. Another solution could be the activation and/or deactivation of scenery-files. I have defined a scenery-configuration called "All off", where every airport is deactivated. The only entries, that are active, are all the FSX-related basic stuff and orbx textures, orbx vectors, orbx europe, ai-traffic and of course the essential libraries (like Flytampa, SODE or Aerosoft). Before every flight with PMDG or FSLabs I go into the Scenery Manager and mark the departure and destination scenery as active and save the changes. 
Do you think, it would be possible to implement an option in simstarter ng to ask for activating/deactivating scenery-entries - after hitting the button "Start Profile"? (... in a scenery-configuration file, you can define as to be opened for editing before starting FSX)? It would be very easy and save to handle (during my last flight I forgot to adapt my scenery-file and ended on the default fsx-airport). Just an idea to add another option to simstarter ng. 

Regards, 
Kurt

• Developer

Hi Kurt,

a very good idea and already part of the features for the next version.

There was another feature request like this before. :O)

I just added a checkbox which calles the Scenery Manager where you are able to active/deactivate Areas in front of the simulator start.

So choose your ScenerySets, Start the profile and finalize the settings.

• Developer
vor 6 Stunden , lh6800 sagte:

Great, one of my favorite tools is getting better and better and your support is outstanding. 

Thank you so much!

Here are some screenshots of the new function how to call it:

Please login to display this image.

And the reduced Scenery Manager for "last changes" on the scenery.cfg. It comes within the profile start.

Please login to display this image.

External scenery.cfg's can be handled as well. :O)

(Please don't take my settings for serious - it's the development PC)

Archived