VR and the rediscovering of great a/c

Nathan Palmer

I really hope the developers of this great plane, the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended (and Catalina for that matter) have tried their plane in VR like Oculus Rift. This feature rich plane in 3d virtual is just amazing and as new and cutting edge today as when it was released. I've been enjoying some great immersive flight in this bird on PilotsEdge now that they have opened up more coverage area by flying in the mountains of Colorado from places like Denver, Aspen, Vail (Eagle County) and Telluride and icing management is a key factor in these winter months. I'm still discovering some of the great details of this plane. Its basic and easy to get up in the air but also feature rich and can be immersive at the same time. However, the visuals in VR are a sight to behold. I've put the GTN750 in as a pop up 2D window and hopes that if a revamping of this bird ever comes, we get that option included.

Once again, solid plane and a must have in the sim hangar for me.

Archived