Destination estimated times

Zimmerbz

I've noticed that in the mcdu the estimated destination time for the arrival airport is always wrong. The flight plan times seem ok but not destination.  For example, it is 23:37 and I am expected to hit my next waypoint at 23:48. That makes sense but it shows KDEN (my destination) at 14:59. Is this a known bug or did I make a mistake somewhere?  Thanks

ps. I've noticed this on a majority of my flights so I don't think it's the route. 

Would need some screenshots of the Mcdu f-plan page to see. Why don't you scroll through the plan and find out where the discrepancy lies? KDEN may be showing incorrectly, but perhaps the error is actually somewhere downroute. I can say I've ever had a problem with it. As I say, screenshots would help.

5 hours ago, HAL-9000 said:

Would need some screenshots of the Mcdu f-plan page to see. Why don't you scroll through the plan and find out where the discrepancy lies? KDEN may be showing incorrectly, but perhaps the error is actually somewhere downroute. I can say I've ever had a problem with it. As I say, screenshots would help.

Please login to display this image.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't flown the buses for quite a while but I will soon get back to flying them, I noticed this much more when flying across the pond with the A318s, I believe the aerosoft buses calculate the time using nautical ground miles rather than nautical air miles, in basic words calculating the time without wind prediction etc (soon to come in the update), now I can't remember if this was the only cause, but it did play a huge part in the discrepancy.

Simbrief and PFPX will calculate fuel using nautical air miles so it will account for the wind data it recieves from your route.

even if calculation is on somehow wrong data/dimension that should not lead to hours of difference from TOD to landing.

maybe it's a problem if arrival is on the next (UTC) day? - you could try a flight that ends (planned) on the same day (KDEN-KLAS starting at 1700 UTC)

• 2 months later...

I've noticed this periodically myself and in fact today it happened again.  It would indeed seem to be some math error being caused by the time of day.

Flight plan was jetBlue 711 KJFK-KLAS; JFK3 GAYEL Q818 WOZEE KENPA CESNA Q138 DKOTA RAP J158 DDY J107 MLF GRNPA1

Just before UTC 00:00:

and just after:

Note that the MCDU PERF CRZ page reflects the same erroneous time for both arrival and T/D (taken earlier than the above):

I'll make sure to check it the next time I fly within the same UTC day (which is most of the time, to be honest).

• 2 weeks later...

I've run a few more flights in the meantime and the pattern of "corrupted" estimated arrival times certainly seems to fit the pattern of only occurring during flights spanning UTC 00:00.  Here's my latest, showing a flight within the same UTC day:

jetBlue 1412 TNCA-KFLL; TOVOL UA315 JOSES A315 ZBV WAVUN2

I guess the only thing left to test now is to see if a flight originally within the same UTC day "corrupts" if the ETA drifts past 00:00 (for example due to wind)?

I believe there was an issue when you cross the 0z time.

It is fixed in our A330 builds, so with the next A320 this will also be fixed.

Archived