Error

maxhades

Hi

Sometimes i earn this message when starting FSX via Simstarter ng.

MFC80.dll can't be found.

Simstarter closes!

Starting fsx via the original fsx.exe no problem

THX

Max

Hi Max,

What other apps are being started when you run SIMstarter?  As a start, if there are additional programs in the Run list, try eliminating everything but FSX and see what the results are.   

The error indicates that an application was built using Visual Studio 2005.or that two versions of the dll are incompatible.  More information can be found here.  An Internet search on the message might yield some additional information.

Good luck,

Ernie

Hi Max, 

I have this error-message also sometimes. It happens allways, when I change something in Simstarter NG (mostly if I change settings in the scenery editor) and save the changes. After that I get the missing  MFC80.dll-message, when trying to start FSX. I have to click ok, start FSX once again with Simstarter (without closing simstarter) and everything runs fine. It is strange and I never noticed this before Release 1.4.4 rev7. Starting Simstarter NG and then FSX after having selected a profile never ends with this error-message. 

Regards, Kurt

• Developer

Hi.

Version 1.4.4 rev. 7 has nothing chanced in case of DLL files. I would assume that your error comes from any other root cause then NG.

If this happens again it would be helpful to

1. Have a Screenshot of the error message
  2. Watch the EventLog of Windows if there is more information about the crash

Sorry.

Hello, 

it is not a big problem. As described, when I change something in Scenery Manager and save it - there will be this error message

"Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil mfc80.dll nicht gefunden wurde. Eine Neuinstallation der Anwendung könnte dieses Problem beheben."

one time. After that everything runs fine. There is no information in the windows event protocol, that would help. FSX simply don't start - I have to press "Start Profile" again in Simstarter NG and that's it - FSX starts and everything is ok. I can live with this and there is no need to fix it. 

Best regards, 

Kurt

Archived